Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC slow typing performance [ awfully slow ]

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I updated my Dreamweaver CC last week trough the cloud, and all of a sudden Dreamweaver feels slow and i cant even see the characters i am typing in realtime.

For a programmer , needing Dreamweaver on a daily base, this is rather annoying.

The code is 8000+ lines long, but it all went well before the update. I tried smaller scripts ( 2000+ and 5000+ lines ) and it behaves the same.

I tried a empty document and it does lag slightly ( even if there is no code ) as well.

Please do somoething about this, as it is a no go for my company. We have 4 other guys that are experiencing the same problem and mind you, we are all paying our CC monthly fee.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Hi ,

We are happy to inform you that DW's next update is made available today. This update has a fix for the slow typing issues in DW  Please install & let us know your thoughts

Code View performance improvements

The following bugs are fixed to improve the Dreamweaver performance in Code View:

• Typing gets progressively slow as the number of lines of code increases.
  • Cursor (IP) disappears while typing and navigating in Code View.
  • Dreamweaver Crashes on closing a tag by entering </ in Code

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 186 Replies 186
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turned off creative cloud in menu bar & uninstalled adobe air & i'm still having the same issues:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also turned off creative cloud in menu bar and uninstalled adobe air and the propblem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm glad to let you know that we have fixed the slow typing issues in DW for the next DW update .

Look forward for the update on DW and let us know your thoughts

Let me also clarify that the slow typing was not because of any other reasons , but the recent tag highlighting feature 

..Harish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harish - when is this to be released?

Will this also fix the slow file browser (which has massive lag when trying to scroll), and the opening of files (which can take between 5 and 10 seconds)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are happy to inform that update is made available today. Please install & do provide the feedback.

Also look for:

What's New in Dreamweaver 13.2: http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/whats-new-dreamweaver-13-2.html

Thanks,

Shambu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update fixed the slow typing/highlighting  issue for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, the loading bug seems to be fixed!!! Wow, after half a year ... thx anyway.

DW CC now feels much faster and work can be done without endless waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear patch is successfully applied. 

Are you seeing the loading & opening problem with 13.2? If not, would it be possible to share the files to validate this internally? Please remove confidential data from your files & share them. we will try & keep you udpated - shambu at adobe dot com

Thanks,

Shambu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The loading & opening problem is gone.

The loading problem was probably caused by including CSS and/or loading additional fonts via CSS. Before the update I could only open some the files by first removing the CSSs file includes via textedit.

Maybe there were some missing files that had been linked to in side the CSS and DW was searching for them. So try reproducing the problem is this direction.

The overall speed improvement with this update makes DW a professional software again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear loading problem is gone & Thanks for the udpating us.

We will also try & check if there is any issues around the workflow you have mentioned.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Please let me know if you need any further information about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yahooooooo! Thank you for getting this huge bug taken care of.
Please don't let it happen again. I lost almost 2 days of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Dreamweaver CC is totally useless to our team.  Incredibly slow.  The notion that it's a setting or machine performance issue, as has been suggested in this thread by Adobe staff, is a joke.  I'm personally on a 4k top of the line solid state MBP, and DW is useless for doing anything more than a minor code tweak. 

Also, why does the DW interface still look like an old Windows 98 machine?  Seems like this program has always been a bloated afterthought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on MacboorkPro retina. I got the feeling that is has something to do with big tables in the html document.  And it only slows down in Split or Design View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The latest version of Dreamweaver CC 2014 is now available for download.

Download it from https://creative.adobe.com/ or directly through the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Give it a try and let us know if you still face any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same issues i noted previously in cc 2014 as well.

but removing x11 from my mac & then deleting DW preferences & logging out / in has improved performance for me.  guessing there's some interference there, maybe related to java.

here's how to remove x11 on mac.

Be extremely careful when doing this, as a small typo could cause important files to be deleted and you may have to reinstall OS X! If you are at all unsure of what you are doing, back up all your important data first! I cannot accept responsibility for any loss caused by following these instructions – All I know is they worked for me.

The commands to delete everything are as follows:
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Utilities/X11.app
sudo rm -rf /private/etc/X11
sudo rm -rf /usr/X11R6
sudo rm -rf /usr/bin/open-x11
sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/X11
sudo rm -rf /Library/Receipts/X11User.pkg

These can be combined into one line as follows:
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Utilities/X11.app /private/etc/X11 /usr/X11R6 /usr/bin/open-x11 /usr/lib/X11 /Library/Receipts/X11User.pkg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2014 Oct 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue... 

big tables in html slow down DW dramatically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jo,

What do you mean by "big tables in html slow down DW dramatically"? Are opening these files slow or editing them is slow?

Thanks,

dbc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

editing is slow in design or live view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jo, is it possible to share your file with us?

Thanks,

dbc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should I share it if not with this Link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, your link has now been accepted.  It was in the moderator queue in the midst of some spam messages, and got accidentally rejected with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jo,

Thank you for the file. I am not seeing any performance issues when editing the file in either Design view or live view. Can you please tell us on which OS you are and your machine configuration?. Also it would be great is you can record a video of the issue and sent it across to us.

Regards,

dbc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X 10.10, MacBook Pro (Retina, 15', Mitte 2014)

Adobe CC Abo, newest Version

Video will follow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines