Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC slow typing performance [ awfully slow ]

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I updated my Dreamweaver CC last week trough the cloud, and all of a sudden Dreamweaver feels slow and i cant even see the characters i am typing in realtime.

For a programmer , needing Dreamweaver on a daily base, this is rather annoying.

The code is 8000+ lines long, but it all went well before the update. I tried smaller scripts ( 2000+ and 5000+ lines ) and it behaves the same.

I tried a empty document and it does lag slightly ( even if there is no code ) as well.

Please do somoething about this, as it is a no go for my company. We have 4 other guys that are experiencing the same problem and mind you, we are all paying our CC monthly fee.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Hi ,

We are happy to inform you that DW's next update is made available today. This update has a fix for the slow typing issues in DW  Please install & let us know your thoughts

Code View performance improvements

The following bugs are fixed to improve the Dreamweaver performance in Code View:

• Typing gets progressively slow as the number of lines of code increases.
  • Cursor (IP) disappears while typing and navigating in Code View.
  • Dreamweaver Crashes on closing a tag by entering </ in Code

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 186 Replies 186
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does any one please have any tips for Mac users...? This is just dreadful...

LIVE view OFF

Tool tips OFF

Reset prefs. DONE

And still its a bag of s***

Help would be massively appreciated.

Kind regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver 2015.3 release very slow when you try and type code this is really a pain and make for a very bad experience. I have tried all the suggestions from above and nothing works even on small files.

Too much time spent here trying to fix this problem and not getting any work done.

Any solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that seams to help is to disable code hinting in the preferences! especially when working with any complicated code... SUCKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DreamWeaver has always done this for years! Every since CS 5.5 it is the worst text editor in the world for performance! (At least on a PC) Glad you guys have Brackets as that's now my go to... I really only used DW when I need to do Directory Level Find and Replaces... besides that I got sick of the performance issues and cancelled my CS subscription. Granted performance is better in CS than 5.5 but as far as I am concerned their is no excuse for the development team to have such a hog for a text editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thing is...latest DW is resource hungry ...many people had perfomance issue after upgrade from older DW,you can open task menager and see how much resource DW is using and compare it to older versions.....also many users,expecually windows,are runing their desktop PC on 70-80 RAM and CPU on normal usage while browsing and in such situations DW will not work as it should.I'm not saying this is case always but users should have optimized systems and available decent amount of resource...yesterday one girl from neighbor call me to look their PC,she had some peromace issues..and bealive or not their PC was 80% RAM,85 CPU after booting and without runing any other app and sometimes even stuck on 100% CPU ...problem was audiodg.exe and few other background procesess and ofcourse she had perfomance issue with every app that need more than 10-15% CPU and decent amount of RAM...so first make sure your system is optimized before even sturt DW.I know DW sucks in many aspects and it had many bugs recently but you may free up some resource by optimizing system and DW will work much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get what your saying... but really? DreamWeaver is only a Text Editor. True it has some extra features... but what good are they if you can't use them? You shouldn't have to close everything and optimize your system to serve up Text!! I get better performance editing video in After Effects than I do from this Text Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I understand your point but my intention was not go deeply in to DW and how it work,yes it is text editor but there are lot of other features that DW load no metter do you actualy use it....like I say my intention was not to start discussion about DW(even we can talk about DW and how it handle some things)...I just wanted to provide more info to users about most often reason why DW stuck or perfomance is bad....if system has to swap or kill other proceses to serve DW than users will see bad perfomance and late response....again I perfectly understand what you say ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from Dreamweaver CS6 (worked like a dream) to the latest CC... What a disappointment. Slow, slow, slow... Seems like this problem exist for four years now and Adobe didn't come with any solution.
Can anyone suggest a good alternative to Dreamweaver? I'm not paying £250 / year for wasting my time waiting for the code to appear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I'd say go back to CS6.

It was a sturdy, reliable program fully capable of being used to make a modern website and with the extensions available for it from DMXZone and Project VII, you can pretty much do anything you want to.

There are other products available of course, but you already have one of the better ones for individual site developers in DWCS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Jon that CS6 was much better.

As for an alternative to Dw, everyone will tell you how much I dislike Dw CC versions, and how many features I think are missing that a program for modern web development requires. But unless you know code like the back of your hand, (in which case VS Pro is what you are looking for) there is NO alternative to Dw.

Yes, there are programs in which specific features are better, and work better, but overall they are all missing features, and in some cases are much worse than Dw.

What you should be telling us, and asking yourself is, 'what do I want the program to do'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use DW mainly for code writing on Mac, another alternative is the code editor Coda by Panic, which has ftp sync, code suggestions, preview, many plugins...

I now need DW (or html-cleaner.com) only for pasting RTF formatted text as HTML, that's missing in Coda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totaly agree, i was a Dw user since a while but after new updates it started to be really slow and i faced a lot of bugs. Without no surprise Adobe support didn't found any solutions for me...

So i decided to look for a another soft and i found Coda, my only regret is to not have discovered this soft before !

I definetly recommend to use Coda for Mac users insted of Dreamveawer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines