• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS5 will not open

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Adobe CS5 Design Premium and installed. Every application opens without problem except Dreamweaver which will not open at all. I tried installing again and that didn't work. I even tried removing all of my preference files, old Application Support files and even Library Application Support files. Uninstalled CS4 and CS5 and installed a fresh copy of CS5.

Dreamweaver CS5 will not open. It gets to just before the splash screen and stops. It's not hanging either, I can click the dock and quit the app without a force quit. It appears that the open sequence is missing something.

Mac OS X 10.6.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Everyone is saying the update works but you never know, some may have problems finding it. I had this problem until minutes ago until I too did the update for CS5, go here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwcs51104

If you are on Lion and are using CS5 (not 5.5) don't waste your time with permissions and preferences, this does it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 251 Replies 251
New Here ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for bringing this oversight or bug to Adobe's engineering team's attention. I'm glad they are aware of it, since tech support wasn't and sucked an hour of my life out of me...and, I assume many other Mac users with FileVault.

Anyway, now Adobe needs to fix it. Running Dreamweaver CS5 from a separate user account defeats the advantage of the programs working together interactively and is highly unrealistic. If you are developing a product for an operating system, it needs to work with the normal user choices of that system...ie: For the Mac that means with FileVault and without FileVault.

If FileVault is not a problem for any of their other CS5 products or Dreamweaver in CS4, I see no reason why Adobe can't get Dreamweaver CS5 to work with it too.

I eagerly await the fix from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disc Dogger wrote:

If FileVault is not a problem for any of their other CS5 products or Dreamweaver in CS4, I see no reason why Adobe can't get Dreamweaver CS5 to work with it too.

I eagerly await the fix from Adobe.

Different programs work in different ways. Jim Bloom has provided the solution, which seems simple enough: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2776898#2776898.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "solution" you referred me to didn't fix my problem. Did it help anyone else with Dreamweaver CS5 and FileVault?

I'm NOT turning off FileVault to use Dreamweaver CS5, nor am I going to use it under a different user account. I'd rather continue using Dreamweaver CS 4 with FileVault turned on...but, I did pay for Dreamweaver CS5 so I wouldn't be happy to do so.

As far as your comment, "Different programs work in different ways," I don't care if they work in "mysterious ways.":-) I just want them to work and I paid a hefty fee for this privilege. And, asking that this "restriction" to be documented by Adobe doesn't solve the problem. Nor does providing me a link to Apple support on FileVault that states:

"Because your home folder is encrypted, some tasks that normally access your home folder may be prevented."

I know what FileVault is.

The bottom line is, if other applications can be made to work with it (even Microsoft's), and Adobe has been successful doing so in the past, they should be expected to do it now. I think Adobe just overlooked something before the program was released and expect that they will address this issue promptly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disc Dogger wrote:

The "solution" you referred me to didn't fix my problem. Did it help anyone else with Dreamweaver CS5 and FileVault?

I'm sorry about that. It appears to have sorted out the problem for Jim Bloom, but as far as I know, he's not an Adobe employee (neither am I).

I'm NOT turning off FileVault to use Dreamweaver CS5, nor am I going to use it under a different user account. I'd rather continue using Dreamweaver CS 4 with FileVault turned on...

OK, if that's the best solution for you at the moment.

I just want them to work and I paid a hefty fee for this privilege. And, asking that this "restriction" to be documented by Adobe doesn't solve the problem. Nor does providing me a link to Apple support on FileVault that states:

"Because your home folder is encrypted, some tasks that normally access your home folder may be prevented."

I know what FileVault is.

The bottom line is, if other applications can be made to work with it (even Microsoft's), and Adobe has been successful doing so in the past, they should be expected to do it now. I think Adobe just overlooked something before the program was released and expect that they will address this issue promptly.

Maybe Adobe will. I certainly hope so for everyone's benefit. But, unless you have been on Mars recently, you're probably aware of the fact that Apple isn't exactly cooperating with Adobe to get Adobe products to work on the Mac platform. It benefits neither company nor their customers.

If it's an Adobe oversight, it's inexcusable. If it's a case of Apple moving the goalposts without informing the developers of software intended to run on its OS, it's equally inexcusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO it is Adobe who is not cooperating with Apple.

See Steve Jobs' Open letter to Adobe

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

As a web plugin for Mac users Flash is awful. It's slow, it freezes system and it drains CPU for simple tasks.

It is a hindrance and a drain on resources hence why I block it from running with Click to Flash - either that or risk losing all my CPU cycles and drain my battery very quickly if not plugged in.

Flash runs so poorly on my system I installed click to flash to stop it running. Not only does it get rid of horrible banners, ads etc but it also speeds up my entire web browsing experience.

The best option is being able to use quicktime to stream videos on Youtube (although that become slightly buggy since the Youtube update) - CPU usage is at about 15% when using quicktime to stream Youtube as opposed to close to 95% when using flash on Youtube...

Flash doesn't run this poorly on windoze and its about the only thing that doesn't - so I can understand Apple's unwillingness to adopt it - if Adobe could write a suitable version for OS X that might be a different matter.

Hopefully HTML5 will make Flash obsolete anyway and us Mac (and iPhone/iPad) users can experience a smooth working fully animated non 3rd party internet experience

IMHO, Adobe's programmers suck. They took over most of the Macromedia product range, including Freehand, Flash, Dreamweaver, Director - and then proceeded to ruin them all. Maybe all of the current Adobe R & D guys used to work for Microsoft?

They bought CyberStudio turned it into GoLive and proceeded to ruin it as well. Did the same with Freehand when they bought Macromedia. Adobe hasn't really developed anything in house they bought Photoshop  from Tom Knoll, it was packaged with Barney Scan. They bought Aldus got Pagemaker and again ruined it. The only two things I can think of that came from Adobe originally is Postscript Premiere and Illustrator.

Adobe seems to not give a tinkers dam about the Macintosh community, if it wasn't for MacIntosh computers Adobe would be nowhere.

The Mac made Adobe  viable company.

What Apple (and people) have been saying to Adobe for years is improve Flash but Adobe paid no attention.  Adobe just start blaming everyone but themselves for the problems with their products.

Fix the damn problems with Flash.

There needs to be some gleaning at Adobe in management and in programming for leading the company to it's state right now.
I heard a lot of good folks at Adobe have quit the company lately.

I doubt their current brain-trust at Adobe is capable of creating any great new products. They are just trying to rake in the dough from existing like Flash. Adobe's only money in the their bag of tricks is PhotoShop, the others... well, perhaps After Effects but really, does Adobe really care about it's products or just the money raking in?

Just look at how well Final Cut became the defacto video post production platform when Apple developed it because Adobe refused to make a Premiere for Mac a few years ago. There is no reason to think that Apple isn't prepared should Adobe ever withdraw their CS Suite for Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disc,

Check out the following topic:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/628368?tstart=0

There is the Application Support/Adobe folder which also have this problem.  Many people in the Photoshop forum found the need to change the permissions on the CS5ServiceManager folder there.  The developers there (Jeff & Chris) seem to be pointing to an installer issue, but now that people have it installed they need to work on a patch to fix the permissions.  From their reaction the user should have permissions on all Adobe folders.

Right now I have the Design Premium Suite and I can say that Dreamweaver, Device Central, Illustrator, CS5ServiceManager, Extension Manager, Flash Catalyst, Flash Pro have this issue with the Application Support folder while InDesign, Photoshop, Fireworks and Bridge seem to have the proper permissions.

If you give yourself permission to the Application Support/Adobe folder like you did with the Preferences folder it should give you a temporary solution.  What appears to be happening with your FileVault is that you are trying to access files with another user as the owner and FileVault is closing the security hole like it should.  Based on their dicussion patches should be coming for Photoshop, for the rest of the suite, time will tell but hopefully they will realize this is a widespread issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried changing the permissions in the various places that have been suggested, but still can't get Dreamweaver CS5 to launch properly. Thanks for the suggestions. Has anyone else here with FileVault/Dreamweaver issues been able to get their issues fixed this way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks the Application Support did it for me this time. I was having issues with After Effects as well with similair issues. Doesn't seem like this was tested enough on Snow Leopard.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent information!! This helped me. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it's a problem.  I work for a corporation where it's company policy that all computers (in our case Macs) use File Vault for security purposes. This problem reeks of bad QA.  I'd be interested in knowing exactly what is causing this problem as it has not occurred with the CS4 suite.

Of course I filed a bug report.  Jim Bloom's solution should work....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working 100% on Windows 7 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Dreamweaver CS5, but I have FileVault turned off.  I've changed the permissions, Dreamweaver still doesn't launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows vista and Dreamweaver does not open - I downloaded the trial and I only see the splash screen and then nothing. I don't have mac or filevault - but it does not open neither on vista.

Any idea?

Karl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you using PC, and in particular Acer machines wit edatasecurity installed, use this update

http://www.egistec.com/websitedownload/patch/acer/eDataSecurity_2.2.5099.zip

It will most probably solve this problem, as it did for me. The problem is (seen from crash dump logs) that Dreamweaver in certain read or write operations does not have the proper access rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE ZIP FILE FROM THE POSTER "NETFED1234" [Moderator: unless you are using an ACER PC]

The issue was DW with Mac OS/X. [content edited] expects you to download a .zip file, open it, and by chance run a .exe file that an easily compromise your system if your running a virtual machine.

I've reported this post and Adobe has not taken it down. [Deleted by moderator]

[Moderator's note: Netfed1234 made it clear that the patch was for Acer PCs. It does not apply to any other make of computer. The incompatibility between Acer security software and Dreamweaver is a known issue. See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/417116.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very sorry for the conondrum I caused you by posting a direct link to the file download. Hence, in order to correct this, I will post a link to the developers webpage instead, showing the actual origin of the file. Here it goes: http://www.egistec.com/oid0x0100cid0Alidenpid3sid01/program-update.aspx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few points with regards to external links and moderation:

1. Every time you follow a link to an external site it is your own responsibility to verify the reliability of the place where you are going and see for yourself whether you want to install software. Even the ToS explicitly say so.
  2. Deep links to downloads are perfectly acceptable and are no reason for removal.
  3. Deep links to downloads are usually not the best. Try not to link to an executable, but link to a download page that has the executable, the Release Notes and the rest of the documentation.
  4. If you feel a post requires moderator attention, use the "Report abuse" link and file a detailed report (in max. 255 characters). Don't say "Link to a possible virus" because if the virusscanner of the moderator doesn't detect anything that is not a good enough reason to remove a link (see point 1). If you report "Symantec update m28 detects the MyDoom.m virus" a moderator can at least try to verify the claim.

If you require any further clarification on the moderation of external links please post in the Forum comments forum or if you wish to claim certain links should be removed you now know how to report them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue on my G5 Mac Pro Desktop running 10.6.3   ,  Dreamweaver CS5 run's fine on 10.5.8 on my laptop.  I would love to see a solution soon as possible.  It's obviously cutting into some people's trial experience but we have to remember it has only been released for 48 hours.

ps.  I do not use file vault, i also have tried making a new admin account with file vault off.  I also tried uninstalling / re installing Dreamweaver as an individual download from the master creative installer.  I can not think of anything else i can possibly do.  I hope they make a update which fixe's the problem.

I one time had a interesting issue with MS Office Student Edition For Mac , back in 2005.  It would not Load MS Word i spent 5 hours on the phone in tech support trying to figure out why it wouldnt load.  It turned out to be because it felt some of my font's were corrupt.  Ounce I renamed the font folder it worked.  It was alot of analyzing / work.  I hope they find a solution.

The loading screen doesnt load at all, during this process.  I'm really looking forward to playing with dreamweaver a bunch before I do my Master Creative Suite Upgrade.

Thank's In Advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the directions In FAQ changing the file permissions located In LIbrary /Adobe / Dreamweaver CS5 folder.

Read & Write On every account, than you must restart your machine after you make those changes.  It finally loaded =).  Im very happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vincentjdamico

How the hell did you get Snow Leopard an Intel only OS to work on a G5  PPC MacPro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone find a solution to this problem.  again, I have FileVault turned off, downloaded Dreamweaver CS5 trial from Adobe, reinstalled, still not launching.

tried to go in the library to change permissions, but not finding the right files.

In finder:

Library/preferences/sdobe/dreamweaver (folder empty)
Library/preferences/adobe dreamvweaver cs5 prefs (only file I find)
Library/application support/adobe/dreamweaver cs5/en_us/configuration/macfilecache-2828cdf7.dat

where do I change the permissions?  what am I missing.  please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm feeling pretty screwed.

~/Library/application support/Adobe/Dreamweaver cs5 -> empty

/Library/application support/Adobe/ -> no Dreamweaver folder.

WTF??!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to change the permission on the folder, not any file in the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to change the permission on the folder, not any file in the folder.

Which folder??

They don't exist or are empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you are looking in the correct "Library" folder.  The one that is in your home folder is what you are after.

I should also add that changing persmissions on the folder has not worked for me.  So far turning off File Vault  the only thing that works, which I'm not willing to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines