• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS5 will not open

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Adobe CS5 Design Premium and installed. Every application opens without problem except Dreamweaver which will not open at all. I tried installing again and that didn't work. I even tried removing all of my preference files, old Application Support files and even Library Application Support files. Uninstalled CS4 and CS5 and installed a fresh copy of CS5.

Dreamweaver CS5 will not open. It gets to just before the splash screen and stops. It's not hanging either, I can click the dock and quit the app without a force quit. It appears that the open sequence is missing something.

Mac OS X 10.6.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Everyone is saying the update works but you never know, some may have problems finding it. I had this problem until minutes ago until I too did the update for CS5, go here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwcs51104

If you are on Lion and are using CS5 (not 5.5) don't waste your time with permissions and preferences, this does it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 251 Replies 251
Explorer ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/629224

This Folder exactly, I didnt even look inside to see anything all I did was change the permission on that specific folder mentioned in the thread above.  I never had file vault on but ran into the same error many users were experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did that, didn't work.  FileVault off too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you restart your machine after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, I give up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/629224

This Folder exactly, I didnt even look inside to see anything all I did was change the permission on that specific folder mentioned in the thread above.  I never had file vault on but ran into the same error many users were experiencing.

This link did it. hmm. How annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys,

Try this:

1. In Finder, navigate to <your username>:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS5.
  2. With the Dreamweaver CS5 folder selected, choose File > Get Info (Cmd+I).
  3. If necessary, expand Sharing and Permissions.
  4. Click the lock icon at the bottom right of the panel to make changes. Enter your Mac password when prompted.
  5. Click the plus button at the bottom left of the panel, select your name in the dialog box that opens, and click Select.
  6. Change the privilege for your name to Read & Write.
  7. Click the lock icon to lock the Sharing and Permissions section.

This worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nohl Lyons wrote:

Guys,

Try this:

1. In Finder, navigate to <your username>:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS5.
  4. Click the lock icon at the bottom right of the panel to make changes. Enter your Mac password when prompted.
  5. Click the plus button at the bottom left of the panel, select your name in the dialog box that opens, and click Select.

This worked for me

this is the solution that worked for me as well. all these silly little hidden portals. WTF?

i was having the same problem as the original post on this thread. had to change a bunch of these folder permissions, in both the Application Support/Adobe folder as well as the Library/Preferences folder.

so far, so good. but was a fun 4-hour runaround for the solution.

i'm not running file vault though, not sure what that even is exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching off FileVault worked for me. Very poor Adobe. Sack the testing team.

My guess is that Adobe have no clue as to what is happening here - they just read all the posts and cobbled together a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly I have FileVault enabled for all users and just tried this with a new user (Macbook Pro with OS 10.6.3) w/o Filevault. And indeed, it launches.  I won't disable this security feature to get one poorly-written application to work.  I expect an application in the Apple ecosystem to "just work" with whatever features or systems the OS manufacturer has provided and FileVault is one of them. Imagine if you couldn't connect a Bluetooth mouse and use Photoshop - just as ridiculous.  In this day and age and given the concerns about security - particularly for portable devices - disk encryption is a must and any software that doesn't work with it needs to be fixed or pulled.

I note nothing really new on Adobe's latest downloads page.   <sigh>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2010 Dec 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me too.  i never had fv on either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost worked for me...I just needed to do one more thing...ERASE that folder. That works in all cases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me:

http://www.dlocc.com/articles/adobe-cant-launch-dreamweaver-cs5-mac-os-fix/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact the Adobe technical helpers...

(Phone number)

Or talk to a rep. online.

The number should be

there when you click on

'contact' or 'support'

good luck!

-cg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been there, done that.

Unless, something new has been discovered, you will be wasting your time. The person of Indian decent I spoke to had no clue what the problem was or how it could be fixed. And, as nice as he was, it was often difficult for me to understand him.

I'm still hoping that Adobe's engineers are on this and that we will have a solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

funny, looks like we talked to the same guy, he didn't know what to do.  told me to uninstall and reinstall in safe mode, which I did, to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give up.....

Back to CS4.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, same problem here. Had problems with Ps CS5 as well.  Adobe reps told me that my user account was corrupt. ha!  I fixed it by un-locking the folders.

Dreamweaver CS5 is a different story.  I tried to unlock the appropriate folder in library/application support/addobe/dreamweaver CS5, but there is no such folder!!!  Any ideas on that one?  anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, problem solved.  I had been trying to give myself permission with in library/application support/abobe/dreamweaver CS5, which was not solving to issue.  I finally solved it by going into 'Users', then my account (eventhough I am the admin), then going to library/application support/abobe/dreamweaver CS5.  In that folder I gave myself read right permission for dreamweaver CS5 (Control I, unlocking the folder by clicking the lock in the lower right corner, click the + sign, clicking my name etc...  Post if you need any further help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I've tried everything, nothing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will make a difference, but next to the + - buttons, there is one that looks like a big asterisk. Click it and select "Apply to Enclosed Items".  Not sure if that will make a difference for you, but things are working for me know.

The main thing I did differently this time was to go into mac hard drive/Users/my account/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS5.  Select the Dreamweaver CS5 folder and do the permissions bit.

When I went to the hard drive then directly to the Library, without going into 'Users' first, nothing happened.  The key thing is to do it from "users"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2010 May 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the posted solutions work for me either.

Dreamweaver still fails to launch correctly.

I've changed all the recommended pref/permissions.

I've never used FileVault.

Ive repaired permissions on the disk.

I'm not going to create a separate user just to be able to use Dreamweaver. That is not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's silly of Adobe to tell people that their user account is courrpt and that they should start a new one.  This problem happens only with a new Adobe product.  If no other application does this, then it is caused by the Adobe product.  Why can't they admit this and do a fix?

dmntx:  make sure that you follow this route: mac harddrive/Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS5.

or re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it doesn't happen with the any other apps from CS5 release.

Do you remember the totally screwed up installers from Illustrator 8 & 9 and their updaters that never seem to work properly

They blamed the users back then as well. Looks like ADobe shipped another beta out to their paying customers once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines