• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW CC 2014 Server Busy

Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I launch DW CC 2014 on my Windows 8.1 machine I keep getting a Server Busy message where I can switch to the application or try again. Eventually it goes away but it really delays the start up time on my DW application. I have added DW to the trusted applications list for Kaspersky so I don't think that is the issue. Never had this problem with the previous version of DW CC. Anybody else running into this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 211 Replies 211
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of DW?

Which OS?

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW CC 2014.1.1
6981 Build

Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and - Have either of you tried disabling power management on all internal and external hard drives so that they do not go into standby?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 1 drive which I disabled the power management so it does not go into standby. I'm still getting the Server Busy dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. The "server busy" error is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this thread, because I am having the same issue.

It's maddening. I can't multitask, if I leave the DW screen to work on something else, I get the error and then a crash, but not always...

I am running Win7 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same problem.

However several times DreamWeaver continued to start only to crash and give the option to Debug the problem.

So I clicked to Debug and this is the screenshot I got next:

Server-Busy.jpg

I choose to 'Manually choose...' and pressed 'No'.

DreamWeaver did quit since it was still 'crashing'.

I did re-start DreamWeaver, load files, change little bits and exit several times.

The problem did not return and it seems the problem is gone!

Hope this will work for many of you too or at least shed light on the problem.

Regards,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PeterMaki‌ I think your issue is different to the one being reported here. I suggest you make your own thread. Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I guess I was too happy too soon.

Problem came back again the following day.

This time I choose to 'Debug' using MS Visual Studio and it gave me the following info:

Debugger.jpg

This is above me and I just had to let it go and continued to exit the crashed Dreamweaver and closed MS Visual Studio.

Perhaps one of you understands this better.

For now Dreamweaver starts normally again but I assume the problem will be back again tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be a different issue so if I were you I would start a different thread. Don't think Adobe is paying any attention to this thread anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay Hedge, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have not read everything above, so what I am about to say may have already been addressed.  I too had the "server busy'  problem.  Here is what I discovered based on a conversation with a gentleman named Vivek at Adobe.  He told me that this seems to occur when external hard drives are attached.  I have 3 external hard drives that are attached.  I did an experiment and found that it was only one of the external drives that was causing the problem.

When I disconnected it, Dreamweaver no longer gave me the error.

Here is the thing, I have a program called Nova Backup which is basically a backup program for your computer.  It includes full and image backup.  I love the program.  You can see more at  NovaBACKUP | Backup Software for Windows Servers & PCs

I am wondering if anyone else who is having this problem has this or perhaps another backup program on an external hard drive??  That may be the problem.

Perhaps someone at Adobe could check that out.

Again, it seemed to work for me.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I suddenly got this error this morning. After speaking to support he suggested that I disconnect the USB mouse and then launch DW. We did this, and the error disappeared. Support was satisfied "We solved your problem - it's your mouse". Well that's bonkers i said as this solved nothing, as so many people were having this problem it must be an issue with DW software. Well I cleaned my computer yesterday and unplugged all the USB devises including my mouse. Looks like I unplugged it from the dedicated mouse USB and plugged into a "regular" usb. Once I plugged it back into the dedicated USB slot the error is now gone. It could be another usb related issue, but this is the one thing I changed pre error.

This makes zero sense to me but what do i know.

Hope this helps someone.

So TDLR: Check to see if you can plug the USB mouse into a the dedicated mouse slot. It seems that DW doesn't like a mouse in a regular USB slot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 8.1

Run Dreamweaver as administrator has worked for me for a couple of days now.

Hope there are no side-effects for this.

Daveed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tries all the 'solutions' marked here, none of them have worked for me (change/remove USB devices, switch USB ports, remove external hard drives, turn off hard drives going to sleep, run as Administrator etc.)

Whilst this problem occurs at several different times, one time that it almost always occurs is when Windows resumes from sleep.  Perhaps the devs could try setting their computer to Auto sleep after 1 min with Dreamweaver and perhaps S/FTP still open and see what happens.

My two crash logs in the event viewer are as follows.

Hope this helps it's all Greek to me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-System

-Provider
[ Name] Application Error

-EventID1000

[ Qualifiers] 0
Level2
Task100
Keywords0x80000000000000
-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2015-05-13T08:21:06.000000000Z
EventRecordID10896
ChannelApplication
ComputerXXXXXXXXXX
Security
-EventData

Dreamweaver.exe
54d123a5
unknown
c0000005
2b6c
01d08c89f49162f4
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2014.1\Dreamweaver.exe
unknown
0023e7ec-f949-11e4-8109-448a5bd0616f

Also

Faulting application name: Dreamweaver.exe, version: 15.1.0.6981, time stamp: 0x54d123a5

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000000001

Faulting process id: 0x2b6c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d08c89f49162f4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2014.1\Dreamweaver.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 0023e7ec-f949-11e4-8109-448a5bd0616f

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-System

-Provider
[ Name] Windows Error Reporting

-EventID1001

[ Qualifiers] 0
Level4
Task0
Keywords0x80000000000000
-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2015-05-13T08:25:14.000000000Z
EventRecordID10897
ChannelApplication
ComputerXXXXXXXXX
Security
-EventData

BEX64
Not available
Dreamweaver.exe
54d123a5
StackHash_4aaf
c0000005
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Dreamweaver.exe_e14ec0ec2338e0ef55f5324b3cb2298ca638ef24_208eb482
0023e7ec-f949-11e4-8109-448a5bd0616f

Also

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: BEX64

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Dreamweaver.exe

P2: 15.1.0.6981

P3: 54d123a5

P4: StackHash_4aaf

P5: 0.0.0.0

P6: 00000000

P7: 0000000000000001

P8: c0000005

P9: 0000000000000008

P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Dreamweaver.exe_e14ec0ec2338e0ef55f5324b3cb2298ca638ef24_208eb482

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 0023e7ec-f949-11e4-8109-448a5bd0616f

Report Status: 0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that two. It is if you need to be connected to an adobe server to use a product you pay for but they do not  pay their adobe server bills and then we suffer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same error "Server busy", the only thing that seems to work (although it renders Dreamweaver in what seems to be a very unstable version) is to make sure that I've logged out from the Creative Cloud app.

Highly frustrating as I need to perform updates on my sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting hit again. I just revamped my subscription for  year contract and it seems they did something I tried to upload 5mb for two days when people around me are streaming 1 gig movies. it is a joke,. There is so much Adobe codes , as in two adobe codes of the same thing, all in the logs it addresses pay ment keys, like it checks every 150 miliseconds if you paid, and it has like 7,0000 of these that clog anyone connection on slow bandwidth or speed issues  -- which is not a case in the normal. I think adobe issues new versions way before they are tested and we are the paying there mistakes. Like my insurance, automatic bill, often tells me they are sorry for overcharging me, over and over again, switch to another insurer and it is fine for 4 months and then they two grossly overcharge me. It is  like corruption gone wild in our world and only the rich can play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a load of CC updates last week (I don't do it very often) and I've started getting this issue on Windows 8.1 enterprise 64bit with CC subscription.

I have a 500GB drive as my system disk but the laptop I'm using has a 16GB mSATA SSD which is used for boot caching (its a lenovo thing). I've disabled sleep on my drives (as a few others have suggested), without any luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the whole suite without success. I'm looking at flattening my laptop at the moment which I really don't want to do. But I don't suppose there will be a resolution to this issue any time soon seeing as this thread has been open for so long without resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried running Dreamweaver as admin? I did this and it solved it for me.

Daveed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have. Didn't work :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL. I am still having issues with this months and months later. STILL not fixed, So it happens at start up every time as I have 4 hard drives in this desktop. Win8.1 x64. Even worse, if the computer has been sleeping then often when it wakes and I switch to Dreamweaver CC it crashes and I lose whatever is unsaved and have to reopen, with the same super-frustrating start up issues. I usually go to Explorer and open up a folder on each drive but as it remembers them without always spinning up the drive, even this only works part of the time. And when I open Lightroom CC I have similar problems. What is it about your users' frustration level that you don't understand? For the next years I will never trust Adobe to deal with problems the way they should. Reader uninstalled. video processing, I use the opposition. Not even an apology. You come across as yet another cynical American company that can just get away with it because of your semi-monopoly position. You are getting up there with investment banks and Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All suggested fixes were temporary for me - in the end I had to resort to reinstalling windows. Luckily this fixed the issue. (Win 8.1 x64).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting this message on Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines