Exit

Extract Panel will be unavailable in Dreamweaver from July 01, 2022

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

Hope you're doing well 🙂

We would like to inform you that "Extract Panel will be unavailable in Dreamweaver from July 01, 2022"

Beginning July 01, 2022, feature workflows in the Extract panel will be unavailable in Dreamweaver. We advise that you use Photoshop instead to extract style information and assets for PSD components for use in Dreamweaver.

Thanks,

Harshika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Dreamweaver Extract Panel is a useful feature in teaching my students essentials about coding. Please let me know if this is a temporary removal of the Extract panel. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is in palliative care mode. As such I doubt that any old features will be returning, let alone, new features added.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is palliative care mode ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dictionary meaning:

"Palliative care (derived from the Latin root palliare, or 'to cloak'), aka comfort care, is an interdisciplinary medical caregiving approach aimed at optimizing quality of life and mitigating suffering among people with serious, complex, and often terminal illnesses."

Applying the above definition to Dreamweaver, which is suffering from a terminal disease, Adobe are applying an approach of minimum maintenance to ease its suffering while it is nearing its end of life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben,  Finally my high school latin is useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So with other words, Adobe will that we how use DW abandon the sinking ship, because the captain has left the ship, and it is a brave helmsman who steers the ship. DW was one of the reasons I initially started subscribing to Creative Cloud, I even used DW on the university then other used Notpade++ for codning and writh markup laungage. 

I think that Adobe should step in and start updating DW instead with more support for new code languages and update PHP so that it keeps up with development. You can't do everything with FireFly or Adobe Express

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Study tlecs updati secrety for off panel visuabily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I use classroom in a book learning Dreamweaver. I'm just following along lesson06, styling elements using Extract panel. The hole day I tried to use the extract panel. It would be very helpful to get the above information directly in Dreamweaver trying to use the extract command.

Thank you very much,

Ludwig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same problem. How did you get around it? I'm stuck on page 143 and can't move forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press forward and read the examples anyway. Create your own css rules to replace the input from the missing extract panel or do what's written down regardless is my advice to anyone reading this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and i'm here trying to solve the same problem from lesson 06, i'm stuck trying to figure out how to continue the exercise in the book without the extract panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here: no "Extract" feature in Dreamweaver v.21.3.

In the book Adobe Dreamweaver Classroom in a Book (2022 release), by James J. Maivald, published by Adobe Press, the "Extract" feature is presented in Chapter 6 ("Select Window > Extract. The extract panel appears.").

My Dreamweaver application, with a CC subscription, shows it is the "latest" version of 21.3, and it does not have the "Extract" option available. (Yes, I re-logged in and rebooted re-logged in again and all of that.)

Adobe Press should not be publishing books that describe nonexistent features. This is very frustrating and it wastes a lot of time. If a feature is being deprecated, then the authors from Adobe Press should know, and should describe that situation.

If an entire product, such as Dreamweaver, is being deprecated, then Creative Cloud subscribers deserve to know, for the amount of money we are paying, and all Dreamweaver users, too. Developers, teachers, and authors need to know this information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way forward is to use XD together with Visual Studio Code

The same (or better) solution can be attained when using Figma. Be careful though when using Figma, Figma has recently been aquired by Adobe and we all know what that means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Do I understand it correctly that Dreamweaver will be phased out and discontinued over the next couple of months if so is Adobe planning to replace the Dreamweaver with something else ? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have not made any announcments about that. They just not continuing to produce feature updates to it. There are also no plans or announcements to replace it.

Adobe and web is not really something that is in sync, it is an area they do not properly understand so I would look at the wealth of other modern options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fellows

I agree with you all. I have been using Dreamweaver for more than 10 years and I have a strong feeling that this App is on its way out. Various futures keep disappearing and nothing new is replaced etc.  I am surprised that they still selling books about learning Dreamweaver while options in the App are being removed etc. Dreamweaver is already far behind many other tools that you can use to design and create modern websites in no time like WordPress, Webflow etc. I am as well very surprised by the way Adobe Doesn't modernise this great tool... Time to move somewhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teach a web design course, and my students must obtain certifiation in Dreamweaver.  Unfotunately, all of the study material, including that produced by Adobe, include the use of the "extract" panel.  Also, my students do not have access to use Photoshop, and do not have any experience doing so.  Has the certification test been adjusted to reflect this change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teach a web design course, and my students must obtain certifiation in Dreamweaver.

By @CELIA27899335r1uq

A waste of time. Dreamweaver will not be around for much longer.

Teach web design using VSCode or the Dreamweaver replacement, Wappler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be true, but the state I teach in takes a long time to approve new credentials so for now we have to certify in the ones that are approved to meet graduation requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's for publicity in your name good opinion about Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has become the most uninspirational company ever. Terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Dreamweaver Extract Panel has been a great help to me in teaching coding to my students, and in providing them with the essentials they need to know to code in the web. I would appreciate it if you could let me know if this is just a temporary removal of the Extract panel, Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can tray use extension from Adobe Photoshop - extension .jpg using in Dreanwaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wonder what the point is in doing anything in Dreamweaver. It hasn't been updated for a long while, slowly but steadily more options are removed from the app. I reckon ADOBE without telling anybody will gradually phase out this app. I have stopped using it for a year now and switched to WordPress, Elementor, or another relevant apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines