• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Transfer failed

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last week I am getting an error message everytime I upload an image, whether a new image or when I choose "should dependent files be included".

File Transfer failed due to following reasons: - Internal data error: Transferred file size does not match the expected file size.

This occurs on two web sites though I have not tried it on all my websites.

I am able to successfully upload all the images using Filezilla, which I am having to do as a work around.

Has a setting been changed since the latest update? I can't see anything obvious.

There is a post about this in 2018, but not resolved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CaptainSlocum,

Thanks for writing to us. Please provide below info for further investigations.

1. Dw version.
  2. Transfer protocol used in the server configuration (FTP/SFTP/FTP(explicit, implicit), WebDAV etc).
  3. Please try switching the protocol to FTP and confirm the behavior.
  4. OS and machine configuration details.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nayan

DW 21.3

FTP over SSL/TLS (explicit)

Macos 12.4

I cannot connect using FTP or any other protocol, only explicit. All other attempts give a server error.

This has only started to happen in the last few days so something has been changed in the latest DW update. No changes have occured on my web server. HTML files upload with no problem, it is just image files. As stated before, they upload using Filezilla, which is what I am having to do, but it is a nuisance not being able to do it all from DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update, to further help diagnosis, I uploaded an image using Filezilla, then downloaded it back my local site, changed the name, then from the files tab in Dreamweaver tried to upload it again, and it failed with same error message. I attach a screenshot of the DW definitions window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CaptainSlocum,

Thanks for reverting. As the behavior is observed with image files only, there could be multiple factors leading to the issue and hence can we have a remote connect session(details sent via email) for further debugging the behavior on your machine.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,

Nayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reverted to version 21.2 and now everything uploads as expected. I'm happy with 21.2, so I'll just wait until Adobe fixes the bug in 21.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try  Restore Preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

No I didn't try resetting preferences. That is certainly something that has often worked for problems in the past. When I have time to re-install 21.3 I'll try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Tag

I have the same problem: DW 21.3 doesnt upload files bigger than ca. 15 KB

no problem with DW 21.2

DW 21.3

FTP over SSL/TLS (explicit)

Macos 12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the same issue. I had to revert to 21.2 to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See What's New in DW 21.3

Dreamweaver is integrated with the following third-party library upgrades and bug fixes:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy - what are you saying here? That 21.3 has been updated to fix the bug? Perhaps you could elucidate on your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Debra263031603aps said she was having the same problem.

I replied to say that 21.3 shipped with security UPGRADES and bug fixes to accommodate new server protocols.  If your remote server is configured with old protocols, use this workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see, thanks Nancy. I'll check with my server guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've checked with my server guys and everything is up to date as per your post. I have also trashed the preferences. And the problem is still there. So it is time to admit it is a bug and come up with a solution. Note that I am not the only one with this problem. Maybe somthing to do with FTP over SSL/TLS (explicit)?

I'll go on using 21.2 until I hear from you that it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a same problem and downgrade to lower version fixed everything... Dear Adobe, please dont push public applications with that kind of error, because it deleted me some files on FTP and when you are without backup, you are... you know what... So I highly recommend dont install latest update 21.3 this update is broken. 21.2 is ok works perfectly. Thank you for help anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, have been plagued by v. 21.3's inability to enable my uploading of a small ".html" file (71kb). My host-server gave me a new DNS server to try. But for three weeks of tweaking one DW setup setting after another, one of its techs found this Adobe Support Community forum thread and suggested I downgrade DW to v. 21.2.

I deleted v. 21.3, installed v. 21.2, and found that my attempted upload of that so-called "problematic" file was instantly successful. Hooooray!

Again, this forum has provided me with valuable feedback and successful recommendations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, again. More than six months have passed without seeing a follow-up commentary regarding my documented failure(s) in DW v. 21.3.

I thought that I'd ask if this problem has been corrected yet or if Adobe has provided a secure workaround for this bug. Sadly, the Creative Cloud window continually shows only the problematic v. 21.3 as the next available version.

Here's hoping that a corrected version will be created, tested, and provided by Adobe soon. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope that helps. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Nancy:

Sorry, but I don't see helpful resources or answers in your three bullet points. I looked at both links but they didn't suggest when Adobe planned to provide a version to fix this problem.

Does the notice that DW is in "minimal maintenance" mode mean that it no longer takes responsibility to correct its problematic version(s)?

I do NOT feel it appropriate for Adobe to redirect me (nor its other subscribers) to a third-party workaround resource such as FileZilla, no matter how actively developed and updated its files are. Our subscription payments ought to be used by Adobe to correct its errors and fully maintain its product(s).

As Bruke commented minutes ago (shown below), we paying subscribers shouldn't have to have our workflow compromised by being burdened to use a third-party workaround.

Please forgive me if I've misunderstood what you've provided, Nancy.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I don't work for Adobe.  I'm a product user like you.

2. FileZilla is the file transfer program (FTP) I use.  👍👍👍

3. Dreamweaver is in minimal maintenance status since fall of 2020.  No new features are planned. It is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the dire situation for us subscribers. Verrry disappointing.

Just thinking: If Adobe and/or DW is in "minimal maintenance" mode, then its subscribers should be provided with a commensurate "minimal subscription" fee until the company returns to action.

That sounds fair to me. What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If DW is in "minimal maintenance" mode, then its subscribers should be provided with a commensurate "minimal subscription" fee until the company returns to action.

By @wcamp

=========

Adobe is in full action with their 50 other products & services (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc...).  However, Dreamweaver is on life support.  Your subscription slightly offsets the costs of minimal maintenance and not much more. Historically, they've never discounted aged-out software that we CHOOSE to use.  I think Adobe would sooner End of Life Dreamweaver than give it away.  

But hey nothing ventured, nothing gained. Feel free to contact Adobe Support.
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adobecare

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been paying for Adobe products for over a decade. I subscribed to Creative Cloud because I wanted the Dreamweaver product. I don't really care about the other 50 products and services. What I'm hearing is, Adobe no longer wants to provide the services that I need and I should stop paying them because free services such as Filezilla and Notepad++ will be better supported in the future. 

Is there any reason why I should continue to pay for a Creative Cloud subscription? It sounds like the answer is, "No."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer Dreamweaver's site management features. Other code editors have nothing similar.  That said, Dreamweaver is not the only web tool in my kit.  I use it alongside other tools as needed.  I have yet to find a single tool that does everything to perfection.  All tools have their pros & cons.  😉

If Dreamweaver doesn't do what you need then use something else.  The decision to subscribe or not is entirely yours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines