• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable some error warnings?

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now edidting some JavaScript codes. Some have a lot of vars and function defined elsewhere that are pointed as errors in the script. Also all console calls are pointed as errors, so almos all the code are in red color! The editor is now slow, hard to type, because each type all those errors are reviewed. I didn't find how to change this in the preferences. Dremweaver needs to recognize console.log sattements, also stop checking if a var or function was already defined. Can be done?

TOPICS
Code , Interface , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

@gustavopi,

I don't work for Adobe and I don't make the software. Nobody here does.  We are all product users like you.

Submit feedback directly to UserVoice where the product engineers will see it.  If it's viable and enough other people agree, they may add it to a future release.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading a lot of Q/A I could "solve" my own trouble, and this might apply to other situations.

Have to open sites manager, edit the site, go to advanced (of course) and click on JS Lint. Than click on the button to edit the configurations file.

There will be a list with all errors to be checked, and it's possible to disabled it by editing "error" to "off".

About the quotes, this does not solve really. Thought should have some way to point the dependencies of the code. In this site, the script link is dinamically generated, but I could point in local development at list. In the case of console.log, there is an explanation about why DW mark as an error, but does not justify it. Functions to the browser are part of JS coding, should be included or should have a way to include it - is there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no such thing as a perfect Code Linter no matter which code editor you use. They all miss the mark in one way or another.  So don't put too much importance on what the Code Linter says. 

If you don't agree with what the Linter says, ignore it.  Or disable it. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you telling me this? If you don't like discussions, better stay away from forums...

I am back to DW about a moth ago and if there is how to improve it's performance I will do it, whatever you like it or not.

What I am doing is consulting the web, specially stackoverflow, to know when is safe to disable some kind of error mark. Than I will work to clean up my code until nothing left. What I do personally is to separate an error from an advice, my own debugger follow this system, and I think will suggest to Adobe to change this in DW. As "professional" you could help us to improve our tool instead of suggesting me to just ignore and be happy (and numb).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@gustavopi,

I don't work for Adobe and I don't make the software. Nobody here does.  We are all product users like you.

Submit feedback directly to UserVoice where the product engineers will see it.  If it's viable and enough other people agree, they may add it to a future release.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines