Exit

Is Wappler the Dreamweaver Killer?

Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Wappler's crowdfund page:

Are you the Dreamweaver killer?

Absolutely. Adobe Dreamweaver is turning more and more into a tool for hardcore coders and loosing its well-known visual abilities. It's also a truth that Dreamweaver's development has being way behind the latest web or mobile app developments. Wappler is going further - where Dreamweaver hasn't gone before!

What you think about Wappler (seeing it in action on videos advertising)?

Is it time for Adobe to wake up?

Do you think Adobe should include in the next versions of Dreamweaver new dynamic behaviours for web and/or mobile applications?

Last but not least... should Adobe buy Wappler and include it as a new app in the CC subscription?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

pziecina   wrote

The only thing different to me in this discussion, is that even Ben cannot see Dw offering anything near to what Wappler is now offering.

Only if it works as claimed.   I think that remains an unknown at this point.  

As Ben is/was part of the Wappler beta, and is willing to invest in its crowdfunding, I think we can say it at least comes close to working as he wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Michele  wrote

Is it time for Adobe to wake up?

Yes. But sadly it's been going on for at least a decade and counting, across many of their flagship applications.

-Michele  wrote

should Adobe buy Wappler and include it as a new app

Given all the areas Adobe seems to be falling behind regarding innovation and features from various competitors and alternatives, I suspect Wappler is just one app amongst a long list that poses this same question for Adobe.

Competition is good for users, as it not only offers choice but innovation in the market place.

The worst thing for any app or company would be to get consumed by the Adobes bureaucracy and then have their focus turned to marketing over innovation. These smaller developers can run circles around Adobe regarding innovation, concerning time to market and the agility to adapt quickly and respond to customer needs.

Pinegrow and Wappler are both viable options (each in various regards) for those people looking for possible "Dreamweaver Alternatives". Its good more choices are emerging in this space, as people such as Affinity and others are already providing alternatives to other Adobe apps.

-------

😉 Surprisingly not many people are interested in the Coffee Mugs, Stickers or T-Shirts. Go figure. But it does seem there is interest in the Basic and Pro versions of Wappler thus far. Presently there are only 599,975 more DMXzone users to try and convert over.

I noticed someone mentioned this on the Wappler blog:

wappler-web-app-dmxzone.png

wappler.io-web-ap.png

Doh ! Thats not good.

So I hope they don't live up the their name in that regard: "pretend to be competent and capable, but in reality completely incompetent"

Time will tell. I wish them the best of luck and success with their app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W_J_T  wrote

So I hope they don't live up the their name in that regard: "pretend to be competent and capable, but in reality completely incompetent"

The naming of Wappler may be quite appropriate. After all it is aimed at the none coder, and anyone who cannot code but then claims to know web development, is only pretending to be competent and capable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am confident that Wappler will mean bad things for Dreamweaver. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe Adobe will get it and come to their senses with DW and start taking it seriously.

But DW has been in a coma for the good part of ten years. Can't see it waking up any time soon. Having been involved with Wappler private beta since day one I can say I love where it is going. It's not there yet but the destination is awesome. I invested in my future and became a backer as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Their campaign is doing really well - pretty much reached the goal within two days. And still a month to go!

Seems to be some demand. Good for them. It's not a product for me (I don't need a visual tool, and I am not willing to rent software if I can help it), but any product that creates clean code and has a good visual GUI deserves to exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rayek.elfin  wrote

Their campaign is doing really well

That is certainly debatable: Currently only 46 adopters of the 600,000 DMXzone users = 0.0076 % having crowdfunded. Plus how many of that 0.0076 % are simply closed beta testers? So a 0.0076 % conversion rate is "really well" given that its the self proclaimed "Best in the world" & "ever created" ?

Seems like a low standard for success for the worlds best ever.

rayek.elfin  wrote

any product that creates clean code and has a good visual GUI deserves to exist.

I don't think anyone questions their right to exist. I likewise wish them all the best and much success. But they certainly have a lot to live up to by their own words, without anyone but the closed beta testers seeing the product.

Yet this unreleased application is being deemed already:

• World's Top Visual Web App Creator
  • the most intuitive and innovative web and mobile builder in the world
  • The best website builder for dynamic-driven projects ever created
  • Are you the dreamweaver killer - Absolutely
  • ... among other things

All that before they even release a beta to the open market. One thing is for sure, if they don't live up to there own "Best in the world" & "ever created" marketing approach, the world, internet, social media, blogs, etc., will surely let them know the truth about their product.

Let the people decide.

PS: This is the best forum post in the world, ever created. ~~~ Sarcasm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Controversial suggestion follows -

It has reached the point at which this discussion serves no further usefulness, how about if the discussion was locked?

Until Wappler offers a free trial no one but its beta testers is interested.

Any claims made by dmxzone, (or anyone else) cannot be verified by the majority of people.

Dreamweaver is not going to 'change', and Adobe is obviously not interested in Dw users.

So to end this discussion, lock it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pziecina  wrote

Controversial suggestion follows -

It has reached the point at which this discussion serves no further usefulness, how about if the discussion was locked?

Until Wappler offers a free trial no one but its beta testers is interested.

Any claims made by dmxzone, (or anyone else) cannot be verified by the majority of people.

Dreamweaver is not going to 'change', and Adobe is obviously not interested in Dw users.

So to end this discussion, lock it.

Happy to do so. If anyone disagrees, please PM me or any of the other moderators stating the reason.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines