• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing PHP Files?

Participant ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, does anybody know why my php files won’t display online? I can view them on my computer using XAMPP but they won’t display online. I should have one at this url » http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/WrestlingPHP/WrestlingFigures.php but I get this error message when I navigate to the page …

“Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator at root@localhost to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Apache Server at www.maximum-robot.co.uk Port 80”

Thanks for your help
Gareth

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

I have uploaded the php test file with that code like you said but get the same error message when I navigate to it. It should be at this url … http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/phptest.php

How can I find out if it is a server error or if my remote server does not support php? In other words, how can I find out if my server supports php? Thanks again.

By @Gareth_Williams

That suggests to me you will need to contact your hosting provider as either there is a server error if youre getting an error mes

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Ok, it does work now on my original file which I first posted. I don't know why that test file doesn't work. Now I can ask the question that I originally wanted to ask, which is why are some of the images not showing? They all display on my deskop, in any browser and in Photoshop, but some of them do not display in the PHP! Should a make a new thread for this issue? http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/WrestlingPHP/WrestlingFigures.php

By @Gareth_Williams

Can you check the images are actually on the re

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your remote server support php?

Create a blank file, insert the below block of php code into the file and save the file as phptest.php then upload the file to your remote server and browse to it in your browser.

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

Once you browse to the page it should return a lot of information about the version of php/ mysql running on your remote server. If it does we have established php is running on your remote server. If you get any other error then it's likely to be a server error and you must contact your hosting company.

Also it could be the versions of php/mysql on your locally hosted server Xampp and on your remote host are not compatible. If you are using an old version of Dreamweaver and the server behaviours then they will not work on a server which is running a version of php 7 or greater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded the php test file with that code like you said but get the same error message when I navigate to it. It should be at this url … http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/phptest.php

How can I find out if it is a server error or if my remote server does not support php? In other words, how can I find out if my server supports php? Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Gareth_Williams

That suggests to me you will need to contact your hosting provider as either there is a server error if youre getting an error message returned when you browse to the phptest.php - phpinfo(); file or your hosting package does  not include php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran a Why No Padlock report below:

https://www.whynopadlock.com/results/8e8690bd-d58b-457b-88bd-00a548a582bf

Your host appears to be GoDaddy.  Find out which hosting plan you have. 

If I recall, free web hosting doesn't include access to PHP or MySQL support. 

https://www.godaddy.com/pricing?category=Websites

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, thanks. Actually my host is Heart (https://www.heartinternet.uk/) and it's not free. I will try to find out if it allows PHP. I'll post an update here when I find out. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My web hosting service is called “Starter Pro” but this doesn’t appear in their list of web hosting services here! https://www.heartinternet.uk/web-hosting

Anyway, I will investigate! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My web hosting service is called “Starter Pro” but this doesn’t appear in their list of web hosting services here! https://www.heartinternet.uk/web-hosting

Anyway, I will investigate! Thanks again.

By @Gareth_Williams

Well even the 'Economy' package listed supports php/mysql so your 'Starter Pro' package, which sounds a grade up from 'Economy' should come with php/sql support out of the box.

As you say I can't see 'Starter Pro' listed but I did notice the 'Economy' package supports php versions 5.6 through to 8. If your 'Starter Pro' package does maybe you need to select the version of php that's compatible with your build. Newer php versions have had older php features removed/upgraded, so if you are using any newer php features in your current built it may be that errors are thrown if your server is set to the incompatible older php version. Equally if you are using older php features and your server is set to a new php version errors will be thrown.

Let us know what the issue was when you find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a reasonably priced host, then have a look at this video:

https://youtu.be/kaQqH9GIYh8?si=O1oZ_hdGbhgcsZ17

Here I have used a different editor, but the same applies to Dreamweaver. The server model used is NodeJS, but the same applies to PHP.

No setups. No configuration. No FTP. This is the link to the site.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben. I watched the video but didn’t understand what to do the first time! I will check out GitHub and Railway some time. It looks like it could be very useful for sure! Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check out GitHub and Railway some time. It looks like it could be very useful for sure!

By @Gareth_Williams

.........or totally overkill for small-time website builders, who seem currently to be like lemmings, following influences such as those that 'control' the web. Be careful what complicated and unnecessary structures you get drawn into and make the right decisions that are appropriate for your use case, not the use case of multi-million dollar businesses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must apologise to @Gareth_Williams for @osgood_ 's ill informed statement.

Overkill to have a backup of a version controlled website? Dreamweaver makes it a very easy process to place the site in a Github repository. No FTP of any dialect is required.

Then to tell Railway to grab the repository from Github and wrap it in a container. Sit back while this is happening. The result is a webiste that mimics your loacal site as far as servers and their versions are concerned. No configuration, no hefty fees. In fact, my two sites cost be nothing.

This is my reminder from Railway. The difference between the usage amount an the free $5 per month, get charged to me.

BenPleysier_0-1704841629126.png

@osgood_ , this is called progress and it is changing at a very fast pace, often leaving this octogenarian lagging behind. But I still seem to be way ahead of you.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@osgood_ , this is called progress and it is changing at a very fast pace, often leaving this octogenarian lagging behind. But I still seem to be way ahead of you.

By @BenPleysier

No it's not called progress its called overkill in the majority of instances, particularly for small websites such as you yourself build or have built in the past. You're being decieved by huge influencers of the web my friend, like many others. There are a few who recognise this and are now questioning such workflows, if they are really needed for small projects. The problem lies in the fact that current developers are being taught poorly and using a one size fits all approach rather than using an approach which relates to what it is their tasked with doing.

I've gotten along just fine for 20 plus years without having to push, pull files into and from github repositories, it's just a waste of time if your an independent developer in my opinion. I obviously can't speak for teams of developers, they may well  benefit from such workflows but as l said you need to look at your own situation not just follow the crowd or because its a trend.

You're way ahead of me when it comes to relying on plugins, frameworks, clicking, choosing, pushing and pulling from a set of default options, l will grant you that much.....everything else l doubt it as you seem to need a pair or three of crutches to be able to produce anything.

To me the pricing structure of Railway is all very 'unclear' and why I would NOT consider investing, personally. They shut down their free tier in August last.

https://docs.railway.app/reference/pricing 

I'd rather pay $60 dollars a year flat fee for shared hosting knowing that's all that I will be paying regardless of 'usage', 'additional services' etc. should they come into play.

Pro plan at $20 a month, that's like $240 a year. Not sure why you would use the service if you can obtain cheaper solutions/hosting elsewhere. Is it just the convenience of hooking up to a Github repository why the prices are set that high? In which case I guess you're being taken advantage of, just my thoughts on the subject. Use a calculator to estimate your costs is suggested on their website lol, I'm a web-developer NOT a mathematician..........just give me a flat rate (all in one cost) so I know what to charge my client, thanks.

Again it's all based on big or small.........big, then I guess you're not going to be bothered much by fluctuating usage costs per month, whereas as small, most likely will appreciate a static charge so they can budget accordingly. 

This is where we differ in opinion. Personally I find it far easier to buy some hosting space, ftp the files and be done with it rather than trying to second guess what I might or might not be paying based on 'usage', add ons' or adding another party into the mix, etc I don't view that as 'progress' like you obviously do, but 'unecessary added complexity'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just to update you guys on this. I submitted a support ticket with my hosting service provider (Heart) on the 9th of January, a week ago now, and still haven’t heard anything from them! I’ll update this thread when I do. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just to update you guys on this. I submitted a support ticket with my hosting service provider (Heart) on the 9th of January, a week ago now, and still haven’t heard anything from them! I’ll update this thread when I do. Thanks again.

By @Gareth_Williams

WOW! that's not good...........hope you get the issue sorted out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted a support ticket.. a week ago now and still haven’t heard anything...

By @Gareth_Williams

=========

😱 That's unacceptable.  Find a better web host.

Go directly to GoDaddy or some other reputable hosting provider.  24/7 tech support is the industry standard. Phone & Chat support can fix most problems within a couple of hours.

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-web-hosting-services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They did reply on the 11th. I was expecting it to send an automatic message to my email address when they replied. It didn’t! Anyway, the verdict is …

“Your website is compatible with php files. The error logs are showing the following …

maximum-robot.co.uk [Tue Jan 09 15:14:54 2024] [error] [client 85.215.106.92:0] AH02811: script not found or unable to stat: /home/sites/maximum-robot.co.uk/public_html/wp-22.php
maximum-robot.co.uk [Tue Jan 09 18:15:34 2024] [error] [client 91.92.253.89:0] AH02811: script not found or unable to stat: /home/sites/maximum-robot.co.uk/public_html/sample.php
maximum-robot.co.uk [Tue Jan 09 18:15:46 2024] [error] [client 91.92.253.89:0] AH02811: script not found or unable to stat: /home/sites/maximum-robot.co.uk/public_html/general.php
maximum-robot.co.uk [Tue Jan 09 22:41:10 2024] [error] [client 85.215.106.92:0] AH02811: script not found or unable to stat: /home/sites/maximum-robot.co.uk/public_html/style.php
maximum-robot.co.uk [Thu Jan 11 03:08:19 2024] [error] [client 94.156.64.120:0] AH02811: script not found or unable to stat: /home/sites/maximum-robot.co.uk/public_html/style.php
maximum-robot.co.uk [Thu Jan 11 03:08:40 2024] [error] [client 94.156.64.120:0] AH02811: script not found or unable to stat: /home/sites/maximum-robot.co.uk/public_html/style.php
maximum-robot.co.uk [Thu Jan 11 15:29:25 2024] [error] [client 94.156.64.120:0] AH02811: script not found or unable to stat: /home/sites/maximum-robot.co.uk/public_html/style.php
maximum-robot.co.uk [Thu Jan 11 15:29:31 2024] [error] [client 94.156.64.120:0] AH02811: script not found or unable to stat: /home/sites/maximum-robot.co.uk/public_html/style.php
maximum-robot.co.uk [Thu Jan 11 17:10:37 2024] [error] [client 160.153.26.224:0] AH01215: PHP Fatal error: Directive 'register_globals' is no longer available in PHP in Unknown on line 0: /home/sites/maximum-robot.co.uk/public_html/phptest.php
maximum-robot.co.uk [Thu Jan 11 17:10:37 2024] [error] [client 160.153.26.224:0] End of script output before headers: phptest.php

Please check your php version. I have verified that your website uses a pretty old version of php which is 5.6. We recommend that you increase this to 7.4 or higher.”

I have now changed it to the newest possible version! It also had 8.0 and 8.1 so I have changed it to 8.1. However, it is still exactly the same! Check this link! Maybe it takes a while to update? http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/phptest.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it does work now on my original file which I first posted. I don't know why that test file doesn't work. Now I can ask the question that I originally wanted to ask, which is why are some of the images not showing? They all display on my deskop, in any browser and in Photoshop, but some of them do not display in the PHP! Should a make a new thread for this issue? http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/WrestlingPHP/WrestlingFigures.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Gareth_Williams

Can you check the images are actually on the remote server?

For instance the 3rd one is not being found, either in the 'thumbs' folder:

http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/WrestlingPHP/images/thumbs/2_MachoKing_#2.JPG

OR 'fullsize' folder:

http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/WrestlingPHP/images/fullsize/2_MachoKing_#2.JPG

While your second image is found in the thumbs and fullsize folders:

http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/WrestlingPHP/images/thumbs/2_Hacksaw.JPG
http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/WrestlingPHP/images/fullsize/2_Hacksaw.JPG

Looking at the image naming convnention it appears any image that has the # (sharp symbol) as part of the name isn't being recognised by the server.

Do a test and rename at least one of them without including the # in the file name, just to confirm that is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Osgood, that might be the case. I'll take those hash symbols out of the file names. However, I do know that at least one image that does not have the hash sign is not displaying. I'll see what happens when I take those hash symbols out and update the tread! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, my bad. It's only the images with the hash symbol that are not displaying. When I take them out I expect them all to display, but we'll see! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have taken out the hash symbol from all the file names and the whole PHP gallery displays as it should! Brilliant! However, I still have a problem that I suspect is due to my version of XAMPP. That is that certain images don’t display on my computer using XAMPP but do display online. This is quite annoying and confusing me! I know that XAMPP has nothing to do with Dreamweaver! Anyway, thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which PHP version is XAMPP using?  Ideally it should be the same as your remote server's PHP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using XAMPP 8.2.0-0. When I got a new iMac in September 2022 this problem stared. All images displayed perfectly well in the version of it that I ran on my previous iMac. When I got the new one and installed the new XAMPP certain images stopped showing up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe it's a browser issue.  Try using Chrome or Firefox instead of Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines