• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OS X 10.9 Mavericks / Dreamweaver CC Issue

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help, am a bit stuck.

I (foolishly) upgraded to OS X 10.9 and now cannot load Dreamweaver. I'm being asked to install Java SE 6 (which I have now done about 20 times) but the application never loads.

I have uninstalled, including settings. Reinstalled. Rebooted. Repaired Permissions.

Any suggestions..?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Hello Andy,

Can you please let us know if you installed Java SE 6 from the alert dialog you get on launch of Dreamweaver. This will help others who are also facing similar issue.

Please note, installing Java SE 7 will not help. When you launch Dreamweaver, an alert dialog with a button to install Java SE 6 will be popped if it is not already installed. Clicking on the button will install the required Java runtime and Dreamweaver can be launched there after.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva prasad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello adplusd1,

The issue seems to be not dependent on the Java installation. Can you please submit the crash report to Adobe in the Crash ino dialog that is popped on crash. Also can you please forward the crash report to my mail id "yprasad_@_adobe_._com"(ignore the underscores, they are added to avoid spam bots).

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing Java for OS X 2013-005 solved my issue.

I faced the same issue after updating to Mavericks. In try to solve this issue when i run command in terminal

java -version

It gave me message, No java runtime, request installing.

So after updating Java SE to latest version i installed this http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?viewlocale=en_US and it solved my problem in 5mins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading everything in here and getting no results at all here was my problem, and how I solved it...

PROBLEM:

Couldn't open Dreamweaver, everytime it prompted me for the Java update and everytime it failed at 15.7MB into the download.  Error read, Network error, could not download.

SOLUTION:

I tried everything in this forum, nothing worked: Dumped Java folder and Internet Utility, tried Terminal commands, downloaded the Java Platform http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html , restarted five times, etc.

Finally, I uninstalled Dreamweaver (Applications menu, Uninstall Adobe Dreamweaver CC, leave preferences), still had the same problem.

Downloaded Java from here... http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

And walla, it worked. 

My suggestion, try that Apple Java download link first, if it doesn't work then dump Java and try again, if that doesn't work, uninstall Dreamweaver and use that Apple Java download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Oracle download for Java 6 WON'T work. Apple has "tweaked" Java for OS X and the ONLY way to get it to "stick" in Mavericks is to download from the link you went to or via the App Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Happiest Camper!

I have been struggling for 3 days with this Mavericks/Dreamweaver nightmare. I'm an amateur struggling to keep up a couple of my own sites and no budget for newer versions of CS.

I used that Java link and its all working, having had the annoying teasing little dreamweaver icon flashing at me briefly before disappearing every time I tried to fix it .

Made my day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that a installation from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572 solved my problem with Fireworks CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this solution has been already posted. Had serious problems with Dreamweaver after installing Maverick. Long story short, here's what I had to do:

1. Uninstall Java 6 by deleting 1.6.0.jdk found in Macintosh HD/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/
  2. Uninstall Java 7 by opening terminal and pasting in sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
  3. Uninstall Dreamweaver including preferences.
  4. Restart
  5. Install Java 7 found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?viewlocale=en_US
  6. Install Dreamweaver

Hope this saves someone some time and frustration...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Apple, Java6 JRE isn't installed with Mavericks and MUST be reinstalled for certain apps (including CS5 and CS6) to run after the upgrade.
I don't believe uninstalling the JRE that it needs to run is really the solution, but if it works for you, okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything that's being talked about here... to no avail. Any more answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried it under another user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I got Dreamweaver running using this link to install JRE 6.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

If you have multiple Java engines installed you may want to remove all of them except for JRE 6 and JRE 7. Unless you have a app that requires an earlier version then leave that one.

Once installed I saw differences in the Dreamweaver Application. It is now broken into multiple elements intead of a single window. I don't know if this is a simple configuration issue or a new architecture.

However, my iPad freezes with the upgrade and pages continues to battle with documents versions in iCloud. While an Apple issue it just builds on the problem.

JT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue here that others have described above - Dreamweaver CC immediately crashes upon startup. I did a clean install of the public release of Mavericks and have had no other issues with any other CC appliations. I have tried troubleshooting with all of the suggestions in this thread with no success. Very frustrated.

However, I did notice an oddity with a Dreamweaver startup file in the directory  /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Startup Scripts CC/Dreamweaver . There are two items inside this directory: (1) a file named "dreamweaver-12.0.jsx"; and (2) a folder named "dreamweaver-13". Inside "dreamweaver-13", there is a file named "dreamweaver-11.0_en_US.dat".

Oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be a .jsx file for Dreamweaver version 13. In fact, there doesn't seem to be any file related to version 13 in this directory at all.

A quick look at the other apps with folders in the ~/Startup Scripts CC director all seem to include a .jsx file referencing the correct versions, with the one exception being Photoshop, whose .jsx file doesn't seem to specify a particular version.

InDesign = "indesign-9.0.jsx"

Bridge = "bridge-6.jsx"

Illustrator = "illustrator-17.jsx"

Photoshop = "photoshop.jsx"

Any thoughts about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello tgd85,

Can you please send me the crash report to yprasad_@_adobe_._com(Please ignore the underscores).

Also is the crash consistently happening or intermittent.

Meanwhile can you please try the following and let me know if it works.

1. Log into system

2. Open Finder

3. Press Cmd+Shift+G

4. Enter /Users/<Your Account Name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ in the dialog that appears and press Enter key

5. Rename "Dreamweaver CC" folder name to "Dreamweaver CC Backup"

6. Press Cmd+Shift+G

7. Enter /Users/<Your Account Name>/Library/Preferences in the dialog that appears and press Enter key

8. Rename file "Adobe Dreamweaver CC Prefs" to "Adobe Dreamweaver CC Prefs Backup"

9. Launch Dreamweaver CC

If you are unable to navigate to Library folder under your home directory, please refer to the article: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html to unhide the folders.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. New Macbook Pro with Mavericks pre-installed. New CC account. Everything else works but not Dreamweaver CC. Dreamweaver CS6 seems to still work fine.

Tried all the above, no joy.

Not when I try reinstalling Java, Dreamweaver seems to run for longer before crashing. The next time I try it it crashes immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wayne,

I successfully got mine up and running but not without some changes that occur. While bothersome you can work with it. I do.

I simply removed All Java installs, the affected software, etc... Then rebooted to ensure cleanup of the removed applications.  Once up again, I added in the Java engines (Only the necessary version required) then added back the affected apps. It seemed to work.

If you have a 'scrubber' app that cleans up zombies and/or unparented garbage that is better. Hope this helps.

JT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wayne ,

For the crashes part of it , Can you please update to the latest available version 13.2 (we made it live only yesterday). This update has some crash fixes in it .
In case you still see the crashes , Do write to me at vharis_@_adobe_._com(please ignore the underscores) with the crashlog attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version seems to fix it. I uninstalled, rebooted, then reinstalled through the Creative Cloud app and it is now working.

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear that your issue is resolved Wayen.

Please feel free to revert for any other issues faced by you in DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried literally every suggestion in this forum with no luck. I have the crash type where the DW icon bounces in my dock for a few seconds before disappearing into the nether. Any other suggestion/patches coming from Adobe to fix this? I updated my DW CC with the lastest update, too. This is really quite irritating since this is one of the products I use the most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems here on my retina MBP, OS X 10.9.2, DW 13.2.0.6466

DW quits immediately with no error message - and no message in Console.

I've tried everthing on all the threads I could find: fonts, java, re-install, remove plist files, etc. and nothing has fixed it.  DW dead in the water. Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to upgrade my computer so I could use my printer, then Iphoto wasn't on the next upgrade, so I upgrade to Mavericks and Iphoto is not available until I download newer version but I really need my Adobe Dreamweaver to work CS5 version and that keep crashing, Photoshop and Illustrator appear to be working but not Dreamweaver, I realise I"m not the luckiest person and I've just started a web design course and have a huge assignment to do, I guess I'll be back for more support later today, well have a good one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company does not allow Java 6 to be installed on our computers because of a large list of security issues and the fact that it has not been supported for several years!

When are we going to see a version of DW that DOES NOT REQUIRE such an old and bug-riddled JRE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2014 Apr 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - thanks!

1. Log into system

2. Open Finder

3. Press Cmd+Shift+G

4. Enter /Users/<Your Account Name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ in the dialog that appears and press Enter key

6. Press Cmd+Shift+G

7. Enter /Users/<Your Account Name>/Library/Preferences in the dialog that appears and press Enter key

8. Rename file "Adobe Dreamweaver CC Prefs" to "Adobe Dreamweaver CC Prefs Backup"

9. Launch Dreamweaver CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Idiagram wrote:

This worked for me - thanks!

1. Log into system

2. Open Finder

3. Press Cmd+Shift+G

6. Press Cmd+Shift+G

9. Launch Dreamweaver CC

This worked for me too. All other suggestions here didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines