• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I view this background image?

Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This restaurant website contains a marble-like background image that I would like to see, but right clicking in Firefox > View Background Image only gives me a gray background image with a wide oval layer mask in white.

http://peranyc.com/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

paulk7737514 wrote:

I can see the background image is rendered using inline CSS, I just don't get why I can't right click to view it. If I right click I can see the exact location of the image file, otherwise I have to view page source and search for it.

You cant right click and view  it because the image you alluded to earlier with the curve is sitting over the top of it.....so you can only get to that image. A bit like what they do on Flickr - try right clicking any of their images and you get n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a problem with a very fast connection, but I can understand that slower connections will have a problem with a 1.04MB image.

I have performed a bit of magic on the image and managed to get it down to 116KB

Untitled-1.jpg

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, I don't have any problem viewing the banner image. I was referring to the image below that is the background image to the text with the heading, "Where Midtown meets the Mediterranean."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://peranyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/texture_01.jpg

texture_01.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why I can't right click on it and view it. This is what I get when I right click and go to View Background Image:

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's done with voodoo, Paul. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<!doctype html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8">

<title>Untitled Document</title>

<style>

html {

background-color: #222;

background-image: url(http://lorempixel.com/900/590/abstract/5);

background-size: cover;

}

body {

margin: 0;

background-image: url(Images/Transparent.png);

background-size: cover;

}

.container {

margin: 0 auto;

width: 75%;

padding: 4%

}

</style>

</head>

<body>

<div class="container">

<h3>Heading 3</h3>

<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.  Mauris vitae libero lacus, vel hendrerit nisi!  Maecenas quis velit nisl, volutpat viverra felis. Vestibulum luctus mauris sed sem dapibus luctus.  Pellentesque aliquet aliquet ligula, et sagittis justo auctor varius. Quisque varius scelerisque nunc eget rhoncus.  Aenean tristique enim ut ante dignissim. </p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

-------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the background image is rendered using inline CSS, I just don't get why I can't right click to view it. If I right click I can see the exact location of the image file, otherwise I have to view page source and search for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulk7737514 wrote:

You cant right click and view  it because the image you alluded to earlier with the curve is sitting over the top of it.....so you can only get to that image. A bit like what they do on Flickr - try right clicking any of their images and you get nothing but the image they care to superimpose over the top of the image you really want to see or download. In the case of Flickr I have no idea why because you cant protect anything which is on the web. In the case of the website you are talking about well that's just the way they have done it to create the curve and [profanity removed by Mod] ugly coding as well, typical Wordpress generated garbage.....who'd have guess it.

14 stylesheets and I lost count of the javascript files 25ish....what animal came up with that, not a developer but some ignorant designer. Nice design hugley bad coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I figured but was just interested if there was another reason. The reason why there is extraneous code is probably because they used one of those drag-and-drop website builders especially designed for Wordpress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines