• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Dreamweaver CC keep crashing!!!

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CC keeps crashing!!!

Randomly,  Dreamweaver CC pops up error message.

"Adobe Dreamweaver is not responding" with 3 option.

1. "Check for solution and close program" or 2. "Close program" or 3. "Wait for the progeam to respond". I selected the "Wait" option a couple times. Waited for over 15 minutes and it never recovered. The best option left was to  "Check for solution and close program". The program closed and I lost all my unsaved work. This happens all the time. At least 2-3 times in a 6 hour session. About 6 pages open and doing nowing out of the ordinary. Long time Dreamweaver user.. Nothing much else running in the background. 6 month old laptop and it used to happen on my last laptop.

I'm only working with standard html files with arial font, not {}, not Fluid Grid, and no media queries is css.

Been working on this for over 6 months. Thought CC would get it fixed. The msvcr100.dll is the original version. Double checked. Been deleting the DW cache regularly.. 

Search all adobe support including this one: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5630415#5630415#5630415

Additionally it appears windows 8 is store my adobe files here. C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\Dreamweaver.exe.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\memory.hdmp"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\triagedump.dmp"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\WERInternalMetadata.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\AppCompat.txt"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\XMP\File Info\4.0\work\FileInfoPrefs.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\XMP\File Info\4.0\work\FileInfoLibraryPrefs.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeDownload\DLM.log"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeDownload\DLM_Native.log"

• WIndows 8 version 6.2 (build 9200)
  • 64-bit Operating System x64-based processor.
  • 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor
  • 16GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video
  • 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

Below is the error message.

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

ADOBE REPORT

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version: 13.2.0.6466

Application Timestamp: 52a8e373

Hang Signature: 68d8

Hang Type: 0

OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: 68d81c0b8c76a928b9599171c1ee38ab

Additional Hang Signature 2: a04c

Additional Hang Signature 3: a04c3811fce2b1f51c8b6128fd075f9b

Additional Hang Signature 4: 68d8

Additional Hang Signature 5: 68d81c0b8c76a928b9599171c1ee38ab

Additional Hang Signature 6: a04c

Additional Hang Signature 7: a04c3811fce2b1f51c8b6128fd075f9b

MICROSOFT REPORT

Description

Faulting Application Path:          C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name:          APPCRASH

Application Name:          Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version:          13.2.0.6466

Application Timestamp:          52a8e373

Fault Module Name:          MSVCR100.dll

Fault Module Version:          10.0.40219.325

Fault Module Timestamp:          4df2be1e

Exception Code:          40000015

Exception Offset:          0008d6fd

OS Version:          6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID:          1033

Additional Information 1:          8f36

Additional Information 2:          8f36287b943d1cd6a6f46a3560655074

Additional Information 3:          e3e8

Additional Information 4:          e3e8d866a67186d01ba130d33f96d207

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 153 Replies 153
New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't changed anything on the the boilerplate.css. It seems to be happening when I work on it a little fast. I was using bootstrap few weeks back and it worked fine expect for a little slowing down to render output when there are changes in any of the css files.

Dreamweaver also crashes while working on CSS file generated by Edge Reflow.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is:

a) incompetence

b) ignorance

c) laziness

on behalf of the Adobe team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using DW since CS3, and I"m on CC now. I'm on a MAC and I have the entire Adobe Suite. Without a doubt DW is the most buggy of all the Adobe Apps. It's sync is broken completely, it's search is broken, and it crashes randomly. Sometimes it crashes when I'm typing for no reason. Changing from design view to code view can cause crashes. Switching from one website to another can also cause crashes. Yes, it crashes a lot, for no reason. I've kept hoping that with each version there would be an improvement, but it never comes.

At this point I use it as a coding window, but not much else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use brackets! It's awesome !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second is Adobe InDesign. It crashes often when I put the macbook pro to sleep (by just closing the lid). Dreamweaver crashes every time I do that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's always been the case for me too, across many version of DW. I've got Mac Pros, and an iMac. On all three machines DW crashes on wake. Never sleep the computer with DW running. It'll crash hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just purchased CC Dreamweaver and cannot even get it to open at all.   Before I request a refund and return this useless product I'd like to understand if anyone has ever gotten this fixed.  it doesn't seem like it from this thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark (and all those that are having crashes with purchased versions of Dreamweaver CC),

Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. Click my picture and use the message option. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Dreamweaver CC keeps crashing, not responding. It has just crashed 3 times and all I am trying to do is upload two lousy files. Upon  a click, or multiple file selection - every session DW CC hangs and crashes. Please Adobe, fix this mess of an application. I have been using DW since 1997 version 1 and for the past couple of years DW constantly not respond and crash. WHAT'S GOING ON ADOBE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same experience.

Adobe is not the same anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW CC is alarmingly extremely unstable on my Mac as well.

It crashes completely a couple of times a day, but frequently locks up for a minute or two with workflow-shattering results. 

Scrolling in Design View is like some form of torture, especially with complex layouts, like fluid layouts that are supported by mobile devices over a variety of email clients.

(And speaking of mobile devices, the briefly-awesome Device Preview stopped working months ago, and I haven't gotten it to work since.)

Is there any possibility of Macromedia taking over again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fourth time crash in bast 15 min. I go to connect and it is NOT RESPONDING!!!!  PLEASE HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's crashing constantly when trying to upload files now and doesn't appear to be staying connected to the server since the new windows 10 and cc updates for me. I'm not sure which update caused it... but it's VERY annoying. The twitter account didn't know about this issue yet... but windows 10 is so new and maybe it's a windows 10 glitch. I hope they fix this soon. If not I'll cancel. I LOVE dreamweaver and have been using it for a decade, but I'm not sure how much more I can take. 30-90 minutes to upload 1 file? and if it crashes you have to alter the file in order for it to upload correctly? seriously? Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my CC again last night and haven't had a crash since. *fingers crossed*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm late the the party, but wanted to jump in. I get the same thing as an earlier poster did: working for just a few minutes, with 2 or 3 files at most open in code view (I never use live or design view). Simply click one and the screen gets the white washout and hangs for several minutes before the "close or wait" option box appears. This is DW CC 2015 and a relatively new installation.  But this has happened in the past with other machines/installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm also late for the party it seems. Lately I've been getting "Dreamweaver not responding" and have to force quit the program and restart. Plus sometimes in the template file one is not able to edit in the .DWT file. ????? Is it still true that the templates can only manage 50 docs under it?!!!! I thought this was supposed to be a professional software. You don't expect people to just create max 50 pages on a website, surely????

/Cynthia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shiameng67 wrote:

... Is it still true that the templates can only manage 50 docs under it?!!!!

As far as I know, there's no hard limit on the number of pages that can be children of a .dwt Template, however, long before you reach that point, the use of server side includes is a much simpler proposition with fewer drawbacks and potential failure points.

In all honesty, if you're using .dwt's for anything over a roughly 10-15 page static website, you're doing it the hard way. SSI and PHP includes take out most of the monotonous work involved in .dwts and they're extremely easy to work with once you understand how they function. "Change one file, upload it and done" rather than "change the dwt file, hope you don't have a code error anywhere that cause the parent-child propagation to fail, upload all of the changed files".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That will have to be the next project. Does it mean diving into PHP as a separate subject rather than an extension of Dreamweaver? Any tips for tutorials?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough, you need to know next to zero PHP to use PHP includes. You just need to make sure PHP is installed on your server. To use php includes there are 3 main things you need to know and they're all pretty simple.

1. The actual include file is only the repetitive html you want to insert on each page, not a fully formed html page in and of itself. For example, unless you're using an include to insert <head> contents into your pages, that tag won't be in your code. Here's an example of the complete html of an include file...

<p>Copyright 2015 All Rights Reserved</p>

That would be the entire code of a file called copyright.php (typically your includes will be longer than a single line).

2. The include snippet that goes into the pages of your site (and is replaced by the insert file's html) could be formatted like so:

<?php include 'includes/copyright.php';?>

3. Pages that have php includes in them, by default, need to have the .php file extension. Servers aren't normally set up to parse php in files without the .php extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a bunch! Will look into that.

Have a good weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I chime in here since I am also experiencing issues similar to previous posts.  Dreamweaver CC 2015 falls into a non-responsive state for 5 - 10+ minutes when I close it after it has been open for awhile.  It closes right away if it has only been open for a couple of hours.  If I kill Dreamweaver while in the non-responsive state, it then takes 5 -10+ minutes to open.  If I wait for Dreamweaver to close on its own, it opens up right away.  It surprises me that this continues to be issue since has been around for many months and has been reported by many users.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem had disappeared until recently. And now it is back again. This is what I know:

1. If I do a find using "Entire Current local site" on a particularly large site it will hang with no progress ------ but there is apparently.
  2. If I let it sit for a minute or 4 (which is super tough when your working on a site) then it will finish.This happens for a very generic term like $data - with more specific terms it seems ok.
  3. BUT if I click anywhere in dreamweaver while the search is running or hanging with no progress then it is a write off and I have to restart.

It has helped me alot when I realised not to touch it for a while. Even if I switch screens to other applications.

Hope this helps -  So I suggest:  *** start the search and use that time to take a break maybe ***

Let me know if it works.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would post that I had a similar issue with Dreamweaver. When I would open and scroll HTML files, Dreamweaver would lock up for a short period of time. It would than also seem to lock up randomly for short periods of time while I edited the file. I ended up switching the design view to "Design" and not "Live" (even though I never use the view). Also, under "View" > "Live View Options", I unchecked "Highlight Changes in Live Code" and "Automatically Sync Remote Files".

I'm not sure if my fix applies to others within this thread, but I thought I'd share anyways.

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and Adobe is in complete denial,  i finally spoke to support on the phone and they say there is no known issue of dreamweaver crashing.

it has become completely unusable.

if you try to call support you get attitude and transferred back and forth endlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found only one solution.

1. Open Dreamweaver file (index.html - for example)

2. Work on it, modification etc.

3. Save it

4. Upload on project server

5. Close page (so, now dreamweaver is open, but with no page open inside)

6. Check how the page looks in browser, for example

7. Open again the page, make modification, save, upload an close again.

If I keep the page open and change to chrome browser or something else, when I come back to dreamweaver it will be "not responding".

I have this kind of problem with some projects, not with all my projects. Usually, if I work with some templates bought from the internet I have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines