• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Dreamweaver CC keep crashing!!!

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CC keeps crashing!!!

Randomly,  Dreamweaver CC pops up error message.

"Adobe Dreamweaver is not responding" with 3 option.

1. "Check for solution and close program" or 2. "Close program" or 3. "Wait for the progeam to respond". I selected the "Wait" option a couple times. Waited for over 15 minutes and it never recovered. The best option left was to  "Check for solution and close program". The program closed and I lost all my unsaved work. This happens all the time. At least 2-3 times in a 6 hour session. About 6 pages open and doing nowing out of the ordinary. Long time Dreamweaver user.. Nothing much else running in the background. 6 month old laptop and it used to happen on my last laptop.

I'm only working with standard html files with arial font, not {}, not Fluid Grid, and no media queries is css.

Been working on this for over 6 months. Thought CC would get it fixed. The msvcr100.dll is the original version. Double checked. Been deleting the DW cache regularly.. 

Search all adobe support including this one: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5630415#5630415#5630415

Additionally it appears windows 8 is store my adobe files here. C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\Dreamweaver.exe.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\memory.hdmp"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\triagedump.dmp"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\WERInternalMetadata.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\AppCompat.txt"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\XMP\File Info\4.0\work\FileInfoPrefs.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\XMP\File Info\4.0\work\FileInfoLibraryPrefs.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeDownload\DLM.log"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeDownload\DLM_Native.log"

• WIndows 8 version 6.2 (build 9200)
  • 64-bit Operating System x64-based processor.
  • 4th generation Intel® Coreâ„¢ i7-4700MQ Processor
  • 16GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video
  • 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

Below is the error message.

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

ADOBE REPORT

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version: 13.2.0.6466

Application Timestamp: 52a8e373

Hang Signature: 68d8

Hang Type: 0

OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: 68d81c0b8c76a928b9599171c1ee38ab

Additional Hang Signature 2: a04c

Additional Hang Signature 3: a04c3811fce2b1f51c8b6128fd075f9b

Additional Hang Signature 4: 68d8

Additional Hang Signature 5: 68d81c0b8c76a928b9599171c1ee38ab

Additional Hang Signature 6: a04c

Additional Hang Signature 7: a04c3811fce2b1f51c8b6128fd075f9b

MICROSOFT REPORT

Description

Faulting Application Path:          C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name:          APPCRASH

Application Name:          Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version:          13.2.0.6466

Application Timestamp:          52a8e373

Fault Module Name:          MSVCR100.dll

Fault Module Version:          10.0.40219.325

Fault Module Timestamp:          4df2be1e

Exception Code:          40000015

Exception Offset:          0008d6fd

OS Version:          6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID:          1033

Additional Information 1:          8f36

Additional Information 2:          8f36287b943d1cd6a6f46a3560655074

Additional Information 3:          e3e8

Additional Information 4:          e3e8d866a67186d01ba130d33f96d207

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 153 Replies 153
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix to this problem? Happens to me like 4 times a day and is so frustrating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest that you try troubleshooting using the information in Do-it-yourself troubleshooting kit for Adobe Dreamweaver

If that does not help, and you have purchased DW CC, send me your information, and I will raise a support case for you. I need your Adobe ID, location, and phone#

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW CC hangs for me when I do a site search (for selected files)....finds about 5 or 6 instances of my search string, then crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like everyone else here, I have the same issues occurring with DW CC 2015. (It also happened with previous versions.)  I can go for some time without problem (weeks, even) but then it will crop up out of nowhere. Same symptoms as everyone else. Here is how it goes for me.
1. Working on Win 7 machine, fully up to date.
2. It doesn't matter what type of file. I work in ColdFusion and never work in anything but code view, often in the split code view. I don't work in design or live view.  And this happens whether it's a CFM file, HTML, ASP, CSS, JS... you name it. (And I just don't want to pay even more money for Adobe CF Builder. I tried it and do not like it.)
3. I don't use Dreamweaver templates (DWT). I just like DW as a code editor. I've been using it since it was Allaire CF Studio. So DWT files are not an issue, as has been reported by others.
4. When working, usually after a few quick keystrokes, DW will lock. No mouse or keystroke response. The Win7 "hold your horses and wait" spinner will display.  If I just wait and do nothing, it never finishes cycling, no matter how long I wait.
5. I "X" out to close the window, the screen goes white, and I get the same choice box as reported above (troubleshoot, wait, close).  I close it.

6. Sometimes I can reopen it immediately and work for a few minutes before it starts over. Yesterday, though, I had to reboot because DW would not open at all.

So, there's my 2 cents worth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is freaking absurd.

Since CC 2014 subscription I don't even want to think about how many hours I have spent putzing around with this cloud based BETA testing crap.

I use Illustrator Photoshop and DW -- WHEN - I have the time to work on the website side of my venture.

Right now as I type this it has been a couple months since the last time I let Adobe grace me with the opportunity to drain my monthly bandwidth allowance. Everything was fine. I did a few restore points in Windows 7. And then it was back to the more important Autodesk chores for a couple months.

I am looking at the DW welcome screen right now with all the pretty artwork sitting like boat anchor in the middle of the screen. It's been there now for 15 minutes. Why am I leaving it open? Because the last time I ran into this nonsense, the proper "fix" was a matter of waiting for DW to rebuild some data base. Ha. Not any database I was hoping to use for PHP work. Oh no. That database connectivity is still removed from DW so that
Adobe can give the illusion that there is this unbeatable following of add on creators doing up all kinds of new toys for you to try if your companies spends money like a sieve, and can pass it onto the client.

I can't.

So. I open Win 7 task Task Manager's 'Applications' tab and there is no entry for the Adobe Welcome Screen.

However, on the Processes tab of Task Mgr are 2 Dreamweaver executables running. One for the main prog. And one for the Helper.

If you sort the Processes tab by the CPU field, the DW exe's are ranked in the list as #3 and #7 in order of CPU cycles. But there is no apparent activity. You have to force close, and the other day when I first saw this I had to resort to selecting the kill the whole process TREE when the End Process option failed to knock it loose.

.......................................................................................................................................

Note to mods:

Something that has always been the case is that when DW has started up successfully it has always sounded as if it was accessing my HDD (which serves as Win paging file location). Adobe CC is on the 500Gb SSD boot drive. Another SSD serves up the Photoshop Scratch space.

Not sure if something in there is confusing DW initialization.

Have no more time left for keeping abreast with Adobe's tinkering around and all of the latest fixes or yearight "version updates".

I have no money left, Adobe. I have lost 2 contracts so far because time ran out the first time I was told I had to redownload and reinstall. None of it automated to clean Windows registry.

Meaning that I have no money for hiring 3 researchers to wade through your labrynthian - but otherwise dumbed down - website city for fixes that probably aren't even prepared yet in March of 20 god dammed 16.

Get over yourselves, Adobe.

Unbelievable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just able to get DW CC 2015 by killing all Adobe processes, then opening Photoshop, closing Photoshop, and then starting Dreamweaver.

In Task Manager I have two instances of the DW Helper running.

And oh look.

Even though I had the Creative Cloud app (Task Mgr listing is 'Adove Desktop Service.exe') set to not search mothership for updates, that decided to open up with DW.

Hey I got an idea!

Adobe should buy another software compnay that specializes in system macros that will kill and relaunch all the background services, start the app (DW), then close it and then start it again.

Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just come back to using DW 2015 CC on Win 10 after a while away, shocked to find how badly unstable it is, constantly crashing many times a day, especially when changing screen focus.

Yet Adobe keep taking my monthly sub and this thread is months old with many people complaining.

Does Adobe care, maybe they would if we all stopped paying !!

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 7 running DW CC 2015. 9 times out of 10 when I start DW it hangs and says "not responding". Also 9 times out of 10 when I exit DW, it hangs and says "not responding".

What is working for me now is starting DW by right-clicking the .exe and selecting "run as administrator" (hat-tip to someone on Stack Overflow for mentioning it). Starts right up and closes right down with no problems.

I don't understand why this fixes it, but I hope this helps someone...(and I hope this continues to fix this for me)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zuhloobie wrote:

I'm on Windows 7 running DW CC 2015. 9 times out of 10 when I start DW it hangs and says "not responding". Also 9 times out of 10 when I exit DW, it hangs and says "not responding".

What is working for me now is starting DW by right-clicking the .exe and selecting "run as administrator" (hat-tip to someone on Stack Overflow for mentioning it). Starts right up and closes right down with no problems.

I don't understand why this fixes it, but I hope this helps someone...(and I hope this continues to fix this for me)...

Lately, there have been a lot of these issues with DW. One fix that seems to be working for quite a few people is disabling the site cache for each of your site definitions.

1. Go to Site > Manage Sites

2. Click a given site to highlight it

3. Hit Edit

4. Under Advanced Settings UNCHECK the Enable Cache check box
5. Rinse and repeat for each site definition

As far as I can tell, the site caching feature is a hold-over from the days when computers were a fraction of the speed we have available now. I see no difference (other than needing to OK a site-wide scan when conducting a site-wide change) when doing any of the actions it cautions you about in the dialogue window near the checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zuhloobie and Jon,

thanks for those solutions.

Yes, the "Run as Administrator" tip works.

Right click your DW destop icon and choose properties. Select the 'Compatibility" tab. There you can set the Run as Admin permission and set for "All users".

Then your destop icon will initialize and give you the Admin permissions Window where you simply click the 'Yes' button. And DW will start right up. (Note to Jon: Seems like this method bypasses the need to access the site cache(s).

(Still trying to get 'Keytext' macro to automate the clicking the User Account Control permission request.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking back my post above.

The same behavior is happening regardless of whether "Run as Administrator" is used or not.

Just plain strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2016 Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Run as Administrator" still works for me...sort of.

Upon fresh PC startup with no other applications open, sometimes it opens right up, sometimes it hangs for 5 minutes on "Initializing Site Files" (if I remember correctly), and sometimes it hangs for 5 minutes on "Initializing Assets"...but in all cases, it eventually does open up.

Upon closing DW, sometimes it closes right away and sometimes it hangs on "Not Responding", but eventually closes after 4 minutes.

Have you tried letting your computer sit for 5 or 10 minutes and see if it eventually starts up/closes for you?

Basically when starting or closing, I have to wait. Wants me to get coffee apparently.

Super, SUPER buggy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am getting that long delay start up behavior too now.

At least now it does not "time out" with the "stopped working" message where you have to close it out in Task Manager.

I've had the long delay shutdowns too but I believe that was only once a large file is loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling with this problem for years. The program slows down, crashes. Computer powerful. It is not know what to do. Developers do not want to fix this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just today at 3 pm DW, after over a year of perfect operation, just quit and will not start up.  My license is current, win 8.1.

Again, out of the blue it stopped and cannot get it to start up again. I am loosing money by the hour.
What else is there that I can use that is at least free to keep me coding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a crash on startup. Win10. Tried running as Admin without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the issue of DreamWeaver failing to launch on Win7 x64.  I started/killed it about 10 times and it never started.

I used process explorer to watch what it was doing.  That list is really long.  Anyway, what I looked for is what is happening at the end of big chunks of time.  By big I mean seconds.

So I saw this:

11:49:40 Dreamweaver is querying registry keys under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio

11:49:46 Dreamweaver is querying HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters and a number of subkeys.

11:50:01 Dreamweaver is looping though the same keys as 11:49:46

11:50:16 Dreamweaver is looping though the same keys as 11:49:46

11:50:31 Dreamweaver is looping though the same keys as 11:49:46

Rinse and repeat for 4 minutes until I killed the process.

I looked at processes that start with adobe and saw:

11:49:45 AdobeGCClient.exe is reading file c:\program files\adobe\adobe flash cc 2015\flash.exe about a million times.

11:49:45 AdobeGCClient.exe writes to adobegc.log.

I checked the log and see:

03/28/16 12:41:42:965 | [ERROR] |  |  |  | SLCoreService |  |  | 9432 | No value for key [EXCEPTION_TYPE] in user dictionary.

03/28/16 12:41:42:964 | [ERROR] |  |  |  | SLCoreService |  |  | 9432 | No value for key [OwnerGUIDForEntitlement] in user dictionary.

Those are the only two [ERROR]s I see in the log.

Anyway, I killed all the exes running in the adobe paths (a couple restarted right away) and Dreamweaver launched without error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you uncharted.services. I looked at my log and have a crap-load of errors that are similar to:

03/24/16 08:44:41:026 | [DEBUG] |  |  |  | PCDService |  |  | 14032 | No value for key [LicensingCode] in hive [{D07C48D6-1CA8-47F0-B0DF-94A3F55D7374}] from master db : 7

03/24/16 08:44:41:026 | [DEBUG] |  |  |  | PCDService |  |  | 14032 | Failed to read value for key [LicensingCode] in hive [{D6EBDA2D-6E55-1014-8687-CF850B855E94}] from master

and

03/24/16 12:23:50:001 | [DEBUG] |  |  |  | PCDService |  |  | 9516 | No value for key [LicensingCode] in hive [{0C931A6B-112C-4423-9BB3-129F396D43D2}] in master : 10

03/24/16 12:23:50:004 | [DEBUG] |  |  |  | PCDService |  |  | 9516 | No value for key [LicensingCode] in hive [{0C931A6B-112C-4423-9BB3-129F396D43D2}] from master db : 7

and

03/24/16 12:24:07:033 | [DEBUG] |  |  |  | PCDService |  |  | 5600 | No value for key [LicensingCode] in hive [{0EAE0CEA-DCF5-48B7-A471-3CBB8B1AA591}] from master db : 7

03/24/16 12:24:07:033 | [DEBUG] |  |  |  | PCDService |  |  | 5600 | Failed to read value for key [LicensingCode] in hive [{0ECD2CBC-0746-471B-8CEA-AA0B7CCE2F9B}] from master

Any idea what these mean and how to deal with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is BS! Adobe you know what is going on. You waist out time with useless responses like send me this log or do this, delete file from our system? Really? to try and make it work. You guys are Adobe? Really? This is like amature software. I have wasted so much time with this clunky CC dreamweaver. HANG HANG HANG !!! I loose productivity because of you. Your to big? You got so many customers who cares about all us experiencing these problems? This person from Adobe handling this issue is a joke. You are trained to say what Adobe trained you to say, or you fake it to make it, until everyone is exhausted from this discussion and gives up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with your sentiment MrStephen, although the people that have tried to help me have been very nice and cooperative, but all the solutions they have had me try do nothing more than waste my time.  I know they are trying to assess the problem, everyone's issue is different.

DW just suddenly quit while i was scrolling a document on the 18th of March and now will not restart.  Delete, install, restart, delete, remove this, try that, and much more over several days.  I have clients, and I work at a medium sized company that if i cannot deliver, I am out of a job.

DW was my staple at work, BBEdit at home on my Macs, About to have done the DW at home, but not with this problem, not paying money for something that doesn't work.

My system has not changed, I am a video editor and change means downtime, downtime means no income. So i do not change my system, and I am very cautious of any upgrades I do with other apps.

This is not an system issue, it just stopped and will not start.  Been using Brackets and Atom at this time until DW gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED? Solution? Please try this, it is simple and it seemed to work so far, I have not had another crash but it has only been a couple hours, maybe it will work for you.

Compatibility Change:

Right click on the Adobe Creative Icon, Choose the Compatibility tab, Go to Compatibility mode section, then check the box

and make sure it show Windows 8.

DW Wont Open Issue:

If you can not get DW to open since march 18, Download the Adobe Creative App again and install. The file may have got corrupted.

Perhaps restart your computer after the compatibility switch just so things align their best in the system might be a good idea as well.

Another thing that happened to me after the last Adobe Update was when I clicked the Adobe Creative Cloud icon to start it up, it did not pop up so I could select to open DW CC 2015.

And also now I have to go find it because it is running. I had to look down towards the bottom right of my screen, only seen if I click to view the hidden app icons. Then I click the Adobe Cloud it opens, now I can click Open DW CC.

I looked at it like this, Windows 10 came out, Adobe just came out not to long ago with an update to try and comply with some of the W 10 environment system, Adobe did better under Windows 8.

Good luck.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestions. Tried downloading and installing CC app. Tried Compatibility switch. Still crashes on startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble finding the compatibility tab.

I have right clicked on the creative icon in the notifications area.

I see view invites, check app updates, creative cloud files, pause file syncing, .1% of 100gb, all files up to date, manage account, preferences, help, pin notification, and quit.

i right clicked the .exe file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to DW's actual .exe file icon in your Programs folder, that's where the option exists (under Properties) when you right click..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jon!!!  I just did not go far enough.  trying it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines