• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Dreamweaver CC keep crashing!!!

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CC keeps crashing!!!

Randomly,  Dreamweaver CC pops up error message.

"Adobe Dreamweaver is not responding" with 3 option.

1. "Check for solution and close program" or 2. "Close program" or 3. "Wait for the progeam to respond". I selected the "Wait" option a couple times. Waited for over 15 minutes and it never recovered. The best option left was to  "Check for solution and close program". The program closed and I lost all my unsaved work. This happens all the time. At least 2-3 times in a 6 hour session. About 6 pages open and doing nowing out of the ordinary. Long time Dreamweaver user.. Nothing much else running in the background. 6 month old laptop and it used to happen on my last laptop.

I'm only working with standard html files with arial font, not {}, not Fluid Grid, and no media queries is css.

Been working on this for over 6 months. Thought CC would get it fixed. The msvcr100.dll is the original version. Double checked. Been deleting the DW cache regularly.. 

Search all adobe support including this one: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5630415#5630415#5630415

Additionally it appears windows 8 is store my adobe files here. C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\Dreamweaver.exe.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\memory.hdmp"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\triagedump.dmp"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\WERInternalMetadata.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\AppCompat.txt"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\XMP\File Info\4.0\work\FileInfoPrefs.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\XMP\File Info\4.0\work\FileInfoLibraryPrefs.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeDownload\DLM.log"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeDownload\DLM_Native.log"

• WIndows 8 version 6.2 (build 9200)
  • 64-bit Operating System x64-based processor.
  • 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor
  • 16GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video
  • 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

Below is the error message.

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

ADOBE REPORT

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version: 13.2.0.6466

Application Timestamp: 52a8e373

Hang Signature: 68d8

Hang Type: 0

OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: 68d81c0b8c76a928b9599171c1ee38ab

Additional Hang Signature 2: a04c

Additional Hang Signature 3: a04c3811fce2b1f51c8b6128fd075f9b

Additional Hang Signature 4: 68d8

Additional Hang Signature 5: 68d81c0b8c76a928b9599171c1ee38ab

Additional Hang Signature 6: a04c

Additional Hang Signature 7: a04c3811fce2b1f51c8b6128fd075f9b

MICROSOFT REPORT

Description

Faulting Application Path:          C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name:          APPCRASH

Application Name:          Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version:          13.2.0.6466

Application Timestamp:          52a8e373

Fault Module Name:          MSVCR100.dll

Fault Module Version:          10.0.40219.325

Fault Module Timestamp:          4df2be1e

Exception Code:          40000015

Exception Offset:          0008d6fd

OS Version:          6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID:          1033

Additional Information 1:          8f36

Additional Information 2:          8f36287b943d1cd6a6f46a3560655074

Additional Information 3:          e3e8

Additional Information 4:          e3e8d866a67186d01ba130d33f96d207

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 153 Replies 153
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the compatibility thing and downloaded / installed DW again fresh install, there was nothing DW on my computer before that, and ... APPLICATION has stopped working...  before it even opens.

I'm done.  I mean I know we can choose the apps we want for the cc price, i am not running all of them, but you might want to take off DW until it works and take it off the menu for purchase.

It is very frustrating and annoying to go through this when it was working and then suddenly vanished and now will not open.

Other Adobe apps ROCK, DW, was the mainstay since macromedia, but this issue is ...

It has to be the program as each of us has different set ups, as one tech person said,

Most crash related issues that we have seen with this release are specific to the user's code or computer settings.

that is a load of ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While troubleshooting on DW continues, pick up Brackets (free, open source, a very nice code editor)...

Brackets - A modern, open source code editor that understands web design.

You may need to contact Adobe directly to get up and running, if you've done everything from the DIY Troubleshooting page: Do-it-yourself troubleshooting kit for Adobe Dreamweaver

Do a search in Google for "Adobe Customer Care" and you should get a region specific number to call, or go here:Contact Customer Care and drill down through their menus until you can hit a big blue "still need help" button. Sometimes a chat with them will get a resolution (usually a call is necessary though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK people. I did find a solution based on a suggestion from Adobe. Adobe suggested I had "Web Companion" running and that was conflicting with DW. I checked in both Task Manager and msconfig - found nothing. Then searched my Win10 machine for anything with the word "lavasoft". I found 5-7 files despite not ever having installed Lavasoft software intentionally. There were .dll and .ini files. I deleted the files and finally I have DW running again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur.  Had an Adobe representative take over my computer and found Web Companion and Lavasoft issues, deleted a file and boom, it work.

SO i deleted all the rest.

Not sure how i got it, but i do not have it now.

DW is now working...  thanks ADOBE!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No "lavasoft" or "web companion" on my PC (Win7)

Using "Run as Administrator" still starts it up for me, but it is super buggy. Never crashes, but it stalls at "Not Responding" for 5 minutes trying to open and then again on exit. So not a permanent freeze, just a temporary one. Annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well CHUCKS!!!

not a fix for all then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is 4 pages long and began over two years ago.

Every solution on here has been a stab in the dark. Adobe employees posing as regular users to make the support here (forum) appear to be useful where the cryptic official Adobe support pages are useless. Don't buy it.

Annual CC Subscription renewal is up 100% from intro deal last year to $599.00.

All that, plus this charade of this jerking customers around using shills to keep a lid on this fraud that DW is still usable and actively supported were the final straws for me.

See youz fellow saps out in Open Source land next year. \

Good luck Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have DW working, but still using Atom, got used to it, but lacks a few features I miss.  not seeding, just miss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another awesome bug is that if I undo (CTRL-Z) too many times, DW crashes! Every. Single. Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is 4 pages long and began over two years ago.

Every solution on here has been a stab in the dark. Adobe employees posing as regular users to make the support here (forum) appear to be useful where the cryptic official Adobe support pages are useless. Don't buy it.

Annual CC Subscription renewal is up 100% from intro deal last year to $599.00.

All that, plus this charade of this jerking customers around using shills to keep a lid on this fraud that DW is still usable and actively supported were the final straws for me.

See youz fellow saps out in Open Source land next year. \

Good luck Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So today I couldn't get DW to start. Restarted machine, ended process, blah, blah, blah. 2 hours I tried. It would show the splash screen then just stall on Not Responding with everything gray (no words, no graphics, just gray boxes everywhere). I contacted Adobe chat and they did a remote session. Asked if I had Web Companion. I do not. They took remote control, uninstalled DW w/ Remove Preferences, then reinstalled. Now it starts up and closes instantly. I have no clue why that worked because I've done that several times before. Guess I'll hope for the best and report back if I see any issues. He did say that I should run DW as Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 days later, I can still open and immediately close DW with no crashes. BUT...if I'm working in DW for a few hours or more, when I go to close the program it takes a good 5 minutes to actually close by itself. Until it closes, it hangs on Not Responding. Not sure why? Has to be related to the preferences file or cache, right? I mean that's what was removed during install/reinstall...so that's the only changing variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the core problem with Adobe is that they have become so focused on the promoting and building out the cloud content sharing of the Creative Suite functions, they have lost sight and maybe interest in the programs they provide.

Adobe should remember that without these programs working correctly, they will lose those who use the programs to build the user content Adobe so greatly want to 'trade' in Creative Suite.

Just look at where the focus is on Adobe's front page. The programs 'apps' barely get a mention.

Wake up Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a MAC, and don't have lavasoft, so that's not the issue. For me Dreamweaver has been broken for at least 8 years. During that time I've been on constant upgrades, and now I'm on the cloud. I've been through several Macs, and always have a new one. I've got three Macs now, one with CS6 and two on the Cloud version. Dreamweaver is consistently bad on all of them. By bad, I mean that it crashes often. Sync is completely broken and unusable. The only thing I get out of Dreamweaver is a semi-functional ftp pipe to my website and the ability to edit certain PHP and template files on my wordpress site using the coding window. So it's mildly useful and pretty much does what I need. It offers a coding window and a GUI wrapper when I need to go and look at code for my website, but as for a CMS, it's just broken beyond repair, and it has been for many years.

I had hoped that with the acquisition of Homesite (Allaire) by Macromedia, that was then acquired by Adobe, that things would get better, because Homesite had a good robust ftp and sync module in it. I'm not sure what did get integrated, but the robustness of Homesite for hand coding and synching to a website never transpired in Dreamweaver. Has Adobe simply abandoned Dreamweaver in favor of new tools?

Whatever the answer, the crashes in Dreamweaver are likely to never be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to DL DW on my macs at home, use W8 at work, not by choice, until this happened.  I use BBedit for coding.

DW is working on W8 right now, but have not used it since it got fixed, the Lavasoft thing.  been used to Atom / Brackets.  Just afraid that the errors will start again.

Hate that feeling you have when you have to encourage and hold your breath while running an app.  Don't want to upset or disrupt its operation or it bites you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lavasoft and web companion were installed along free version of Anyvideoconverter, which was a good tool before when you had to get videos working on olded tv-screens etc. But now when I installed it in to my new PC, those came with it and they were almost impossible to get rid of.
Now I updated to DW 2015 and it always crashed on launch.
Adobe support fixed this quickly by remote connecting to my pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note these repeated posts urging users to allow Adobe to have full access to your computer.

Yet in all the time this thread has been running, Adobe itself has not compiled and posted a single link on here for folks WHO have concerns about allowing such remote access. AND WHO HAVE HUMAN ABILITY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS for removing such problems themselves without allowing full PC access. Also note that no clear explanation is given as to how or why the Lavasoft and Web Companion effects DW so uniquely that a secret fix has go in without your knowing what other exploits Adobe could be installing. Keyboard loggers and a dozen other things they could use for their clearly aggressively corporate goals, at any point in time in the future.

It's another example of Adobe catering only to corporate accounts (where no sensitive client or personal data would be on a workplace studio workstation. It's like hey were freaking Adobe, who gives a wiggle about non-corporate users situations.

Perhaps the trust issue with allowing for remote tech remedies wouldn't be as big a deal if Adobe's strategy wasn't so wholly focused on the whole cloud n carrot marketing scheme of rushing in new features and upgrades and passing those off as more important that quality control and useable technical documentation.

Either way, they are not being honest about DW's future, so why on Earth would I trust them with access to materials related, not just to billing and accounting info, but to materials for patent, copyright, and trademark applications.

Shrug.

दिल को छूनेवाला

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I'd check in again. It's been a couple weeks since I had Adobe remote-in (all they did was uninstall DW and remove preferences, then reinstall), I can still open DW immediately, but it now hangs on exit. It says "Not responding...". 50% of the time, I just let it sit and it closes in 5 minutes or so. 50% of the time, it doesn't close at all and I have to force close it. Right after Adobe did their thing, it opened and closed immediately. So something is happening the more I use it...the problem seems to return over time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experienced deteriorating behavior in Dreamweaver CC where it got to the point where it was constantly hanging and I had to switch to another tool.  I found the linked page on how to restore Dreamweaver preferences, which appears to have fixed things for the time being.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Restore preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The improvement was short lived.  Today, editing a plain html file in split code/design view, the application became so slow as to be unusable, then hung when attempting to shut it down.  After killing Dreamweaver in Windows Task Manager I tried to relaunch and it is just hanging on the splash screen.

Very sad what has happened to Dreamweaver CC 2015.2 7884 Build.  Can I regress to last year's functional version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Keeps on hanging. Just edited a simple .txt file. My files are on a external ssd. Dreamweaver CC is installed on my Windows 10 PC. This problem only occurs when using Dreamweaver. Every other program I have no problems.

How can I solve this. Is getting pretty annoying!!! Takes 40 times longer to write a script this way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. After Creative Cloud randomly crashes, it no longer will open and Dreamweaver crashes on Startup almost instantly. Compatibility mode makes it hang without crashing, but never proceeds. I suppose I'll try and reinstall CC since I can't even get that to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating.  I've regressed to using Brackets but hoping for a Dreamweaver fix.  Adobe seems unable/unwilling to address this unless we have to wait for the next major release of DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TEMP WORKAROUND:

I was able to replicate the issue and replicate the workaround. If your Adobe CC app crashes, Dreamweaver becomes unresponsive. I went into my Processes and ended every single Adobe process that was active (if it had Adobe or CC in the process name I ended it). After closing the last Adobe CC process, an error message popped up and then everything began to work again. Adobe CC opened no issue and Dreamweaver opened with no issue.

Can someone else try this workaround and confirm this works on another machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complete trash program. Luckily I still have cs5 and cs6 to use when it is acting like trash and "not responding" i think we should be refunded money for the lack of effort they put in to fixing these problems. I am trying to get DW CC2014 and see it that will fix it. How can they release these when they are so terrible and unreliable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines