• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver is unbelievably laggy and slow

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the 2019 version. A few days ago, whenever I tabbed back into Dreamweaver or did or typed anything inside of it, it would lag and stutter for around 10 seconds.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Ok that's helpful.  I also use WAMP server .   Can we assume Wamp server is launched & all Apache processes are running with a green icon in your taskbar?

Have you defined the local testing server in DW and specified the server model as PHP/MySQL?  See screenshots.

CC-testingServer1.jpg

CC-testingServer2.jpg

Basic tab:

CC-testingServer3.jpg

Advanced tab:

CC-testingServer4.jpg

CC-testingServer-final.jpg

Finally,  I highly recommend going into Preferences and turning off Real-Time Preview.  You don't need it with a localhost.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system?

Can you tell us more about your set-up?  For example, do you keep local site folder on your primary hard drive or externals?  Do you mainly work with static HTML or server-side code?  How many files in your site?

Is Enable Cache disabled in your site definition settings? See screenshot.

Are yo working with valid code?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64.

I use MAMP, so I modify the localhost directory with PHP and HTML, but Dreamweaver doesn't make a connection with anything.

Not that many files, maybe 30-50.

And I do have Enable Cache enabled there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that's helpful.  I also use WAMP server .   Can we assume Wamp server is launched & all Apache processes are running with a green icon in your taskbar?

Have you defined the local testing server in DW and specified the server model as PHP/MySQL?  See screenshots.

CC-testingServer1.jpg

CC-testingServer2.jpg

Basic tab:

CC-testingServer3.jpg

Advanced tab:

CC-testingServer4.jpg

CC-testingServer-final.jpg

Finally,  I highly recommend going into Preferences and turning off Real-Time Preview.  You don't need it with a localhost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, Nancy. I've been having the same trouble and these tips helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to post this response somewhere so you folks at Adobe and Dreamweaver customers can find it. I had same slow problems and the regedit (temp file list), linting, and cache did not solve my issue. I finally built a test website and added my code and scripts one by one. I've found the problem.  I use FontAwesome Pro 5.x.. (The free version works the same way) If you use this line of code: <script src="kit.fontawesome.com/account#here.js" </script> to call your FA, then all the slow typing and weird things started to happen in live /code view in every DW version 19-21. I went back to FA and followed instructions to install local (I use OneDrive for business, so both local and cloud). I only use the icons like arrows, circles and basic web nav icons. When you do it this way, you only pull what you need, and you pull from your local or from your website, not from FontAwesome. My <head> files are below. I created the fontawesome directory and subs(css,js, svgs,webfonts and so on) and only put what I needed in them. (Use the .min for smaller file size) Works great. I tested this in 19,19.2, 20.2 and 21. No more slow typing or highlight link problems. 

<link href="fontawesome/css/solid.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="fontawesome/css/regular.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="fontawesome/css/fontawesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
<script defer src="fontawesome/js/solid.min.js"></script>
<script defer src="fontawesome/js/regular.min.js"></script>
<script defer src="fontawesome/js/fontawesome.min.js"></script>

This worked for me,  it is not likely Adobe's fault or problem but maybe they could verify.  I hope this helps other people as Font Awesome is widely used. Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an interesting revelation about Font Awesome 5 script causing latency problems.

For what it's worth, I still use old Font Awesome 4 without any problems.

<!--Font Awesome Icons-->
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css">

https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/cheatsheet/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google told me my website was too slow to load and I found out there was a bug with the FA free version and it was loading everything. FA said the problem was resolved with the Pro version so I paid the $99 several weeks ago and should have realized that's when problems were starting. I thought it was one of MY poorly written scripts, not theirs...Like I said, maybe others just upgrade and didn't notice tight away.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeffreym15440592 ,

Thanks for reporting.

Could you please confirm if you are still facing the slow typing issue at your end and the issue is only seen while using Font Awesome 5 script.

We are not able to reproduce the issue at our end.  It would be helpful if you could share a video recording of the issue or mail us a sample file with us so that we can investigate the issue (you can mail us at kragarwaATadobeDOTcom).

Regards

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 11 using Bootstrap 5.  I have a creative cloud subscription, however Dreamweaver 2021 is extremly slow to respond to editing my code and refreshing my changes.  I have 2 major websites to update and 1 other to work with my backend team for logic.  I am on a time crunch and need this fixed asap.  I already deleted the "Temp Files" folder in the registery and took off the adobe pricvacy policies.  If I have to use a different HTML editor, then I want a discount on my membership.  This is not cool.  Is there a 2020 release coming out soon to fix this issue.  I believe a previous verion did not track and constantly verify my code with each keystroke. At least, that is what seems to be going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is about DW 2019, not 2020. It's best to stick with your original post as this one was answerd some time ago and doesn't pertain to the same system or program version you're using.

I'm locking this thread to avoid confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines