• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Localhost problems with Safari

Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to OSX 10.14.6 and Safari 13.1.2, and now when I turn on MAMP and try to go to http://localhost I get a cannot connect error. 

Screenshot_2020-09-13 21.55.30_yGhytq.png

Chrome and Firefox work just fine. I've gone through a couple of dozen fixes suggested by various forums but the only thing that will work is to use http://127.0.0.1

I don't think I am the only one in the community that has run into this problem. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Browser , Error , Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

The problem can only be solved by changing the local host pointer in the site definitions to HTTP://127.0.0.1

Localhost is broken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does your config of MAMP look like?  I just tested my local server and the localhost address works fine for me. MAMP 5.7, Apache, default ports, PHP 7.4.2.  I am also using OSX 10.15.6.  Could this be an OS specific issue with that version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing changed. MAMP 5.7, 80 & 3306, PHP 7.,3.0, Apache. I have tried all settings, Safari is the only browser that won't work. I even rolled back a couple of versions of MAMP. Localhost will not work in Safari, I cannot 

I am not running Catalina because my primary job is video and motion picture production and visual effects and I still have software that I depend on that is not 100% compatible with Catalina. 

I found a workaround. I changed the testing server link to  http://127.0.0.1/myFolderPath in all of my site definitions. I have to use http://127.0.0.1/phpMyAdmin/?lang=en to get to phpMyAdmin in Safari. Apple screwed something up. I even tried a XAMPP. Localhost is just not working at all in Safari. 

I'm not happy with how Dreamweaver is working either. See this thread: PHP previews are a mess - What is going on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out that editing your post is broken in the forum on all browsers. This is all you get:

Screenshot_2020-09-14 06.43.54_ALcATI.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum issues were reported in the back room.  For what it's worth, I can edit posts because I am a moderator.  Not sure if everyone can.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem can only be solved by changing the local host pointer in the site definitions to HTTP://127.0.0.1

Localhost is broken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this only happens in Safari, that means your version of Safari is broken; not DW and not MAMP localhost. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines