Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OAM in Dw does not work

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am a great beginner on Dreamweaver, I try to create a page by inserting an OAM file. The animation is displayed "live" in Dw but F12 returns a blank page.
Here is the code I have :

<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>seismeBol</title>
<link href="style2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
</head>

<body >
<div id="bol"><object id="EdgeID" type="text/html" width="100%" height="100vh" data-dw-widget="Edge" data="animation_assets/SimulationSeisme/Assets/SimulationSeisme.html">
</object>
</div>	
</body >	
</html>

Et le CSS : 

@charset "utf-8";
#bol {
    width: 100%;
    height: 100vh;
}
#EdgeID {
    width: 100%;
    height: 100vh;
}

Where is my error? How to correct it ?
A big thank you to all those who can help me.Capture d’écran 2021-06-30 185729.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F12 will preview the page in the browser.  The fact that you are saying it loads locally leads to a couple of things:

First, have all files been uploaded to the server to test the page?

If yes, can you share a link to the test server page that you are using so that we can inspect potential console errors to see what may be causing an issue on your remote server that is not impacting you locally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the file display correctly if opened directly from within the browser?

By default, DW now uses Adobe's servers to preview your page when you hit F12, it's called Real Time Preview and rarely ever worked correctly for me. It may be that their server doesn't like the way you have things set up, either in the page or in the site.

You can turn the old Preview In Browser back on by going to Edit > Preferences > Real Time Preview and checking the box for "Default to static browser preview" at the top of the dialogue window

Then, when you hit F12, it will open the file locally, with either a file or localhost address, depending whether you have a local testing server set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's perfect. "Default static browser preview" allows F12 to work. Many thanks for your help.
If the browser is static, I guess it's normal that the "adaptive view" doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by "adaptive view".

Dreamweaver has Live View, Design View and Code View. Live View should be a fairly accurate rendering of your site in a Chrome-based browser, Design View should be a fairly broken framework view that might allow for easier editing in some situations (not an accurate representation of any website) and Code View just shows the code of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In French, the "adaptive view" allows to see the web page on different screens: "ipad, Galaxy ..." in order to test the tactile function of the page. It opens on the browser, after F12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines