Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Pro not installing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have purchased Acrobat DC Pro with my personal account, payd for it and it was running just fine. After approx 2 weeks I also purchaced Photoshop and Illustrator with my business account, intalled them. All of the programs were running fine. In some time, Ph and Il required to sign out and sign in again to get rid of trial. Did that, all is good with Ph and Il, BUT since I had to sign out and sign in again, then something happened with the Acrobat DC program... At first it went back to trial faze, as if I had neved purchaced it. I tried to get rid if the trial and install it again, no succes. I cleary see that my personal account has plan for Acrobat DC Pro and my business account has plan for Photoshop and Illustrator. I am paying for all of them. I figured, that maybe there is some sort of a glitch with one plan being under personal and other plan being under business account. So, I tried to end the Acrobat DC Pro plan under personal account with the idea that I will purchase it again under business account. But, again, I cannot do that, because I will get early termination fee from Adobe  ... Question is: HOW can I get Acrobat DC working? I have tried everything, I have signed out and it for several times etc, also tried uninstalling and there was an error doing that as well. OR how can I exchange the personal plan of Acrobat to business plan. 

Thank you,

Moonika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Business and personal are two different accounts, even if the email is the same. You can only be logged into one of them, so your chosen set up means you can either sign in and run Photoshop/AI, -or- you can sign in and run Acrobat, but never both at the same time. You aren't the first to find this inconvenient, but Adobe seem to be unable to understand why you would want it to work any other way. 

Yes, terminating the personal account will get a penalty because Adobe don't see them as the same a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

If that doesn't work, please go to Adobe Customer Service (make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups on your browser):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your two accounts use different adobe ids:

to use your acrobat, you have to sign in with your personal account.  to use ps and ai, you have to sign in with your business account.

how to sign out and in: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for the answer. I have actually 1 ID and I have purchased Acrobat DC Pro under personal profile of the same ID and Photoshop + Illustrator under business profile. I have now got all programs working, but I have to sign out and sign in at all times. I cannot use all programs simulaneously. The problem is that I do need to use all the programs at the same time, so I cannot sign in / sign out all the time. 

Is there a possiblility to cancel the Acrobat plan under personal and start a new one under business profile? I actually just tried to buy a new plan under business profile and got an error message... I also tried canceling plan under personal and got info that I have to pay penalty if I do that. I don´t think penalty is in any way fair, since I really just need to use all programs at the same time and want to just move this plan from personal to business. I am willing to pay more for the plan under business profile. 

Please advice, what are my options?

With kind regards,

Moonika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please advice, what are my options?

By @kiop.agency

It would be best to contact Adobe Customer Service: (make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups on your browser):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!

Just letting the community know that I just solved my issue with Adobe support via phone. Very professional people! Adobe cancelled the Acrobat DC plan under personal with no penalty and successfully opened a new plan under my business account. So, all in good!

Thank you for all your support!

With kind regards, Moonika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Business and personal are two different accounts, even if the email is the same. You can only be logged into one of them, so your chosen set up means you can either sign in and run Photoshop/AI, -or- you can sign in and run Acrobat, but never both at the same time. You aren't the first to find this inconvenient, but Adobe seem to be unable to understand why you would want it to work any other way. 

Yes, terminating the personal account will get a penalty because Adobe don't see them as the same account (indeed normally they are paid by someone else). But if you contact Adobe Care they may be able to move the subscription across. Do NOT cancel it first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer! This is very helpful.

Just for feedback and background info: I work in advertising. Essentially I decided to purchase Adobe under personal account because for business the minimum number of licences is 5 users and I only needed 1 licence, just for me. I need to use all programs at the same time because I recieve files for a design project, the files are in PDF, PSD and AI format. In order to check all the files and make possible corrections in them, I need to open them at the same time in all formats. It is super inconventient to save changes in PDF first, then sign out from Acrobat, sign in for Ph and Il, then make changes at those files etc. To check and amend I need to do all of the sign in-s and outs again. So, super inconvenient and it takes too much time. I figure Adobe could put a warning of some sort somewhere, that if you need to use the plans you bought simultaneously buy them under one profile (having one Adobe ID is not enough, also the profile has to be the same). 

So, this is just for background info and to explain usage situations. I think I am not the only one having this issue. I will try to get the Acrobat plan moved to the business account.

Thanks again for your reply!

Moonika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kiop.agency  to make a suggestion to adobe (to facilitate concurrent use of both accounts), post here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines