• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AcroTray.exe has stopped working - Terminal environment

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering the terrible way Adobe is reachable for support, I will try it this way with hopefully some results.

Our users have started getting errors using Adobe Reader X after the installation of Adobe Acrobat DC. They are getting the message “Acrotray.exe has stopped working”.

We have paid licenses so would like to request support on this matter seeing it’s AcroTray.exe, component of DC, that generates the error. I will elaborate our environment.

We have a customer with 50+ users who all log in on four Windows 2008 Standard x64 Terminal Servers. On this server they have multiple application like Office,

Adobe Reader X, and many more.

The customer requested to install Adobe Acrobat DC on all four servers next to the existing Adobe Reader X installation. After the deployment of DC, the users were getting

random Acrotray.exe error messages. Some get it when they log in to Windows on the Terminal Server and others get it when generating PDF.

We can’t reproduce the error using a test account on the same server as the users, this test user is a copy of a normal user.

Here are two examples of the Windows Eventlog: Applications.

Eventlog server 01 (05-mar-2016 18:17:24)

Faulting application name: acrotray.exe, version: 15.6.30060.15959, time stamp: 0x5595fe57

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23338, time stamp: 0x56a1c6e6

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000ce843

Faulting process id: 0xf34

Faulting application start time: 0x01d17702e19a0cfc

Faulting application path: D:\Progs\Adobe Acrobat DC\Acrobat\acrotray.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 202e502c-e2f6-11e5-9594-005056964fb8

Eventlog server 03 (07-mar-2016 10:11:12)

Faulting application name: AcroTray.exe, version: 15.6.30060.15959, time stamp: 0x5595fe57

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23338, time stamp: 0x56a1c6e6

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000ce843

Faulting process id: 0x40cc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d178514ac5c12e

Faulting application path: D:\Progs\Adobe Acrobat DC\Acrobat\AcroTray.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 8914298e-e444-11e5-9e85-0050569654e0

Does anyone have any experience in this and maybe can tell how to solve this issue?
Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

For those who have the same issue, I believe to have found the issue causing it. When removing the following key from the windows registry we have found to have no issues anymore with acrotray.exe.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2015]

Within this key are 3 sub keys, all 3 keys need to be removed, or the 2015 key has to be removed in general. This has solved the issue for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AZSven

Could you please ensure that you are on the latest patch. Please open Acrobat DC and click on Help > Check for Updates?

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Ashu -

Thank you for your quick attention!

Here is the result of your request (I had sent this information in an

earlier email :{) :

Moreover, as it happens, the very next web page I needed to print caused

acroTray to stop working.

So, I checked "Print to File", unchecked font dependency, and

re-printed, this time without causing acroTray to stop working. However,

in addition to the annoyance of changing the configuration each time, I

noted that the file name I'm offered a chance to change is that of the

.prn file that I do not want; I am not offered a chance to change the

name of the PDF, which is what I do want.

We're getting closer, perhaps!

Best regards,

-steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also still getting this error every time I print to pdf from Excel 2016, even after I installed the new patch (version 15.017.20053). Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest release of Acrobat on 11th October 2016, this issue has been addressed.

To get the latest product update, within the product, click on the menu Help-> Check for updates.

For more information about the release, please refer to the Release Notes and the New Feature Summary web links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - it hasnt. I reinstalled Adobe Acrobat on Nov 4 after my IT department gave me a new PC and I still have this issue.
I tried Help -> Check for updates and it confirms I'm on the latest version. Printed a PDF this morning - still get "AcroTray has stopped working"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error every time I try to print from Excel.2016 - although the file is actually created despite the error mesage.  It started in the last few days.  I am using Acrobat DC (15.006.30201) which I resume is the update you mention.  If it is, it does not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert

We will need the crash dump to look into the issue. Please follow this:

1. Execute the steps that make you application crash.

2. Once the application crashes, don't dismiss it.

3. Open the “Windows Task Manager”

4. Select the “Processes” tab

5. Right click on AcroTray.

6. Select “Create Dump File”.

7. A dialogue will appear with the location of the saved dump (The file location can be selected and then copied and pasted).

8. Please zip this file and share with me at adas@adobe.com. (Since the file is usually large, you may need to upload it to some online storage before sharing.)

Thanks

Arnab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run two PC's on Creative Cloud and I keep on getting the Acotray problem. It freezes with the progress menu although the pdf is available in DC. I have the latest update. What else can be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on my situation:

While today, I do not see the "acrotray crashed" message, neither do I get a pdf generated; rather, a short text file, which looks like it could be the start of a postscript file (it has been  a long time since I've written any postscript code by hand :{) is generated, with the same file name that I wanted for the pdf.

I have the latest Acrobat version (15.017.20053); at least the update checker says that none newer are available.

Here is the system report:

Account Detail: User Rights: Admin User Account Control: Limited Process Integrity: Undefined Profile Type: None Acrobat Detail: Sandboxing: Off Captive Reader: No Multi-Reader on Desktop Support: Off Applications Installed: Office Version: Office 2016 32-bit Available Physical Memory: 236000 KB Available Virtual Memory: 1790512 KB BIOS Version: INTEL  - 6040000 Default Browser: Default Mail: Microsoft Outlook mapi32.dll Version: 1.0.2536.0 (th2_release.151029-1700) Creation Date: 2015/10/30 Creation Time: 1:44:49 AM Display Detail: Screen Width: 1024 Screen Height: 768 Number of Monitors: 1 Number of Mouse Buttons: 2 Has Mouse Wheel: No Has Pen Windows: No Double Byte Character Set: No Has Input Method Editor: Yes Inside Screen Reader: No Graphics Card: Microsoft Basic Render Driver Version: 6.2.10586.420 Check: Not Supported Installed Acrobat: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe Version: 15.17.20050.192152 Creation Date: 2016/06/30 Creation Time: 7:55:42 AM Locale: English (United States) Monitor: Name: RDPUDD Chained DD Resolution: 1024 x 768 x 32 Bits per pixel: 32 OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 OS Version: 10.0.10586 Page File Space: 4194303 KB Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7  GenuineIntel  ~3193  Mhz Session Detail: Boot Type: Normal Is Shutting Down: No Network: Available Inside Citrix: No Inside VMWare: Yes Remote Session: Yes Remote Control: No Using JAWS: No Using ZoomText: No Using Windows-Eyes: No Using NVDA: No System Name: AGLAROND Temporary Directory: C:\Users\sstanton\AppData\Local\Temp\ Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time Total Physical Memory: 2108980 KB Total Virtual Memory: 2097024 KB User Name: sstanton Windows Detail: Tablet PC: Yes Starter Edition: No Media Center Edition: No Slow Machine: No Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS Installed plug-ins: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\Accessibility.api Version: 15.17.20050.192152 Creation Date: 2016/06/30 Creation Time: 7:55:48 AM C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\Annots.api Version: 15.17.20053.194476 Creation Date: 2016/07/28 Creation Time: 3:47:04 PM C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\IA32.api Version: 15.17.20050.192152 Creation Date: 2016/06/30 Creation Time: 7:55:48 AM C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\Updater.api Version: 15.17.20050.192152 Creation Date: 2016/06/30 Creation Time: 7:55:48 AM 

Please feel free to contact me, should I be able to help any further with this.  This feature, being able to "print" to a PDF, is the primary feature I use.  Thus, the program has become quite devalued in my eyes.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get the AcroTray error message every time I print word doc's to adobe pdf, won't print web pages at all, all patches up to date, windows 10pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines