Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - Disable Start Free Trial

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Need to roll out Adobe Acrobat Reader DC MUI 19.008.20080 to 50,000+ machines. When launching a PDF, I get a 'Start Free Trial' in the bottom right hand corner. Whilst the majority or users wouldn't be able to download and install this, I want to remove this as a best practice for a large corporate environment.

NB - bAcroSuppressUpsell = 1 already set via policy key/Adobe Customisation wizard but made no difference.

StartFreeTrial.JPG

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Hi 

Here are the steps to manually add the entry via Regedit

Within the cIPM Key  

Create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value

name: bDontShowMsgWhenViewingDoc

Value: 0

As per the 2 attached images

nathanmnz_0-1598433642221.png  

nathanmnz_1-1598433794926.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm under the impression there is no way to do that at the moment. I'm checking to see if my knowledge is up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any development on this issue ? There is a serious lag while scrolling just before the "Start Free Trial" option appears and it annoys a lot of our users. Once the "Start Free Trial" option appears, the lag goes away.

How can I prevent this from happening ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that it's not possible at the moment. I did file a bug, and I'll paste your comment and the url to this post into that bug. This feature is tied into other features so a change in this area is likely to take several months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just following up. It has been (currently) over four months since the bug was filed. Is there any headway on resolving this?

Also of possible note - This is displayed regardless of whether the full version of Acrobat ("Pro") is also installed on the same device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this ever been resolved? Running into this issue as well and would like to remove it if possible.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/FeatureLockdown.html#Upsell

In the customization wizard, it should show up like this:

K1DH8ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so annoying, someone who was worked on UI/UX should be fired, whenever I open the PDF that button appear few seconds after dragging my attention back to that corner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reg key below will remove the 'Start Free Trial' in the bottom right hand corner of Reader DC

Im using 2020.012.20041

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cIPM" /v bDontShowMsgWhenViewingDoc /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nathan, there was no cIPM so I have created it and also placed the value you provided but no result, button still appear. Can you please check did I put the value correctly? 

Windows 10 was restarted and Reader is 2020.012.20043

Thank you !reader.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Here are the steps to manually add the entry via Regedit

Within the cIPM Key  

name: bDontShowMsgWhenViewingDoc

As per the 2 attached images

nathanmnz_0-1598433642221.png  

nathanmnz_1-1598433794926.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a lot Nathan for your efforts, it is finally solved!

Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this in the hopes it would remove the blue "Try Acrobat Pro DC" button on the right of the tab bar, as well as the "Try Acrobat DC for free" button on the home page, but no luck. See attached images.

I would love to be able to remove all these upsell buttons!adobe1.jpgadobe2.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To remove that button or the free trial message on startup, try this:
Under cIPM:

name: bShowMsgAtLaunch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This works for about 5 seconds and then it shows again which I find weird. @MKairys did you manage to disable it completely?

Br

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I face the same issue and it seems to be related with the latest version of Adobe Reader DC (21.001.20135). 

The MST upsell value and registry keys do not remove this button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, I thought I hadn't but it is gone. Perhaps there was a reboot in there... Anyway I'm using 20135 and I am not seeing any upsell stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Latest patch 21.001.20140 seems to have solved the issue with the upsell button for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines