• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud app 5.7.1.1 not showing Beta category

Explorer ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new computer and am attempting to update the system with all of my active Adobe applications (current release and beta). I am logged in on the same Adobe account as I have on my older system, I am able to download and install current releases, but only see beta . I am not seeing an option to download Beta software of Premiere or Media Encoder. I have installed the same Creative Cloud app version. Any suggestions?

Creative Cloud version 5.7.1.1 was repaired, uninstalled and installed 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

The file ServiceConfig.xml in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs is probably causing the beta apps not to be displayed. You can edit the XML, or use the attached example (you may want to keep a copy, since there are other settings here your deployment team may have applied). More details in our documentation: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/customize-creative-cloud-app.html
Note: reboot or restart the Creative Cloud background services with option+cmd+R after changing this f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Had a similar issue on Windows where the Beta category was not showing. Editing the ServiceConfig.xml file located in 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ 
solved the issue. Just wanted to add a comment for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

No need to edit the XML file. There's an edited copy provided by Dom along with CC reboot instructions. The forum quote feature didn't bring the attachment over, so go up a few posts to the correct answer and download it.

The file ServiceConfig.xml in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs is probably causing the beta apps not to be displayed. You can edit the XML, or use the attached example (you may want to keep a copy, since there are other settings here your deployment team may

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECTION: I am able to download and install current releases, but do not see beta...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To install Beta apps follow the path mentioned below:

Open the Creative Cloud desktop app > In the Apps panel, select Beta apps > You'll see a list of beta apps > Find the beta app you want to install.

iCharles_3-1652955210620.png

To know more about how to install Creative Cloud Beta applications, Please go through the following document.

Hope this helps 

Charles 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing Beta apps in that panel. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 9.09.49 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file ServiceConfig.xml in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs is probably causing the beta apps not to be displayed. You can edit the XML, or use the attached example (you may want to keep a copy, since there are other settings here your deployment team may have applied). More details in our documentation: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/customize-creative-cloud-app.html
Note: reboot or restart the Creative Cloud background services with option+cmd+R after changing this file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That fixed the problem I was having. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.. but I don't have a Configs file in OOBE!
Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 1.11.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder isnt hidden. If it was, I wouldn't have been able to share the screenshot of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking at the OOBE folder in your Home Directory. You need the Root Directory:

Screen Shot 2023-06-02 at 10.57.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. the issue fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Your XML file + the CC restart fixed the missing Beta apps problem for me and the PS Beta is installed and running. You definitely saved me a long day.

I thought i was going to have an issue like others over the generative fill age requirement, but that was a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, fixed the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<removed>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this file is fixed missing Beta apps category, all works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should I edit? Seems like I'm the only one that doesn't get it, since no one else has asked this question. Please elaborate what to change on the XML file. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to edit the XML file. There's an edited copy provided by Dom along with CC reboot instructions. The forum quote feature didn't bring the attachment over, so go up a few posts to the correct answer and download it.

Note: reboot or restart the Creative Cloud background services with option+cmd+R after changing this file

By @___Dom___

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the OOBE folder. Anyone know why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unhide hidden folders/files 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I wonder if you could help me- I cant see the beta category either. I have gone into the application manager and the OOBE file but I only have one folder in there called - PDApp which contains a further folder called IPC. I cant see configs folder. Could it be somewhere else? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this is a relatively old thread, so I'd suggest starting a new one to ensure your question can be treated in isolation. Do you have a 'prerelease' section in CCD? I assume you're running version 5.10 by now, but if not, it's probably best to update it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, i have the same issue. i do have "prerelease" but there's no beta apps. I'm trying to download photoshop 2023 beta version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for users with a teams or enterprise subscription, the presence of the beta category is controlled by your adobe plan admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a similar issue on Windows where the Beta category was not showing. Editing the ServiceConfig.xml file located in 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ 
solved the issue. Just wanted to add a comment for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines