Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud will not launch for first time

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've just purchased a student subscription of the Adobe Creative Cloud today. I have linked my institutional account, which did so successfully. When I downloaded the ACC app though, I was met with an infinitely spinning icon and a message at the bottom about how it's taking longer than usual. I haven't successfully launched the ACC app at all.

I have tried most troubleshooting solutions, like restarting my computer, uninstalling/reinstalling the program, as well as using the clean up tool. All have resulted in nothing. I am still met with a spinning wheel that never ends.

Please help....

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Patrickk, Andrew, and Turner, please know that you are posting in the Download & Install forum.  Since you have memberships through your educational institutions and don't have an individual membership, then the suggestions offered will likely not work for your circumstances and cause you additional frustration.

Please contact your educational institution's help desk for assistance. If they can't help you, they can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/enterprise-support-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Please help two students....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Andrew!

I'm just letting you know that I seem to have fixed the problem on my own. Basically, I needed to download a file named vcruntime140_1.dll, available here: https://www.dll-files.com/vcruntime140_1.dll.html 

I then placed this file into the folder named System32, and SysWOW64.

The directory for these files is C:\Windows\System32\ and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\

If you're not comfortable doing this yourself, I suggest either getting someone who is confident with computers to do it, or maybe you can get Adobe Support to do it for you remotely (I'm not sure though). It's very simple though, I promise!

Anyway, I hope that this works for you as well. I am so damn relieved to finally be able to use the Creative Cloud app.

Thanks,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Restarted.  Closed out restarted the session etc.  Trying to launch the actual app I loaded on my machine (Premiere Rush)  doesn't work either.  It says VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.  I signed up as a student (because I am one), but entered my personal account not my .edu account.  Does that make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an expert (obviously, because I posted the question), but I think it does make a difference. The apps are tied to your account I believe. Why not just try signing in with your education account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do all my business through a personal account.  It seemed to take it when I entered the card numbr etc.  1) don't like mixing school and personal life anyway so that's one reason, and second is I don't want business junk going through my school acount.  Lastly, my school acount is stuck, I want's me to add some Google app to my phone.  I don't usually do Google apps so I'm I've left a message with the help desk to see if I can log in the regular way with a password, ID and maybe a text to my phone. And really I don't mind sending them a transcript or something, but I'm not super fond of connecting Adobe with my school.  What if Adobe decides someday to "police" my content.  That's the age we live in nowadays.  If I create something they don't like are they going to contact my school?  My mom?

Anyway tried the full  uninstall etc. and it's totally stuck.  This early on you can cancel and there's a cancel button so I'm going to do that.  May reapply tomorrow at full price to see if that helps.  Would rather pay the full ride that get Adobe involved with my school.  Good luck folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  A lot of typos there.  Full install is not stuck and seems to work, although I had to do an additional uninstall directly in Windows.  After reinstall Creative Cloud is the thing that is still stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patrickk, Andrew, and Turner, please know that you are posting in the Download & Install forum.  Since you have memberships through your educational institutions and don't have an individual membership, then the suggestions offered will likely not work for your circumstances and cause you additional frustration.

Please contact your educational institution's help desk for assistance. If they can't help you, they can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/enterprise-support-terms.html to open a support case for you through Adobe Admin Console.

I will also move this public forum discussion to the Enterprise & Teams forum.  This is the only forum designed for organizational memberships and the errors that may occur in those environments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines