Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Design and Web Premium CS6 Installer for Mac

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have some new iMacs however I cannot get "Adobe Design and Web Premium CS6 Installer for Mac" to install on them. I think it's because the only download I can see is for a 32-bit installtion and the iMac's will only allow a 64-bit installation.

I've tried to contact Adobe to see if there's a x64 installation I can download, but cannot get throught to the right people.

Thanks, Matt

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Hello Matt,

On the Mac side, Adobe CS6 is 64 bit and will only install the 64-bit version of Adobe applications. However, the CS6 version is not supported and tested on the new MAC OS. CS6 is only supported and tested until Mac OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8). We do not recommend to install them on the new MAC OS. Some of the components in CS6 like adobe application manager is still 32 bit and may throw some errors. Also, the installers for CS6 are no longer available for download and most of the CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Matt,

On the Mac side, Adobe CS6 is 64 bit and will only install the 64-bit version of Adobe applications. However, the CS6 version is not supported and tested on the new MAC OS. CS6 is only supported and tested until Mac OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8). We do not recommend to install them on the new MAC OS. Some of the components in CS6 like adobe application manager is still 32 bit and may throw some errors. Also, the installers for CS6 are no longer available for download and most of the CS6 versions fall under unauthorized.

Unauthorized versions
CS6 tech specs 

I have seen that users able to get CS6 on Mac Sierra and High Sierra but in the long run the applications are not stable and crash a lot while using specific features. You may face issues with the installation and performance of Adobe applications
Help Links:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html
https://blog.conradchavez.com/2017/09/25/macos-10-13-high-sierra-will-adobe-software-work/#preCC

Thanks,
Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines