• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe-licensing-toolkit

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received toolkit for work macbook to activate expired adobe programs. Using terminal as admin followed instructions:

To install the license, run the following commands with admin privileges

For macOS:
sudo adobe-licensing-toolkit --precondition --install --filePath <absolute path of the .json file>

Asks for password which i enter and then i get "command not found".

Have also tried dropping adobe-licensing-toolkit in terminal w/ "--activate" to no avail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

The command which you are using seems correct. Kindly try to use the same command on a different Mac machine and check if you are getting the same error. Use an admin account to access the terminal. Also, recommend trying short form which is documented here: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/adobe-licensing-toolkit.html#UpdatelicenseusageonAdminConsole

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to give the full path name to the command line, not just the short filename. For example, if it's on your desktop. sudo does not look in the current directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I believe I have done that. I've option, right clicked to copy path name and also dragged the file into terminal and still get "command not found. Is there perhaps something else I'm missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The command which you are using seems correct. Kindly try to use the same command on a different Mac machine and check if you are getting the same error. Use an admin account to access the terminal. Also, recommend trying short form which is documented here: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/adobe-licensing-toolkit.html#UpdatelicenseusageonAdminConsole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines