• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe screwed the pooch on this profiles debacle

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I log into my work computer this morning to discover that I can't access any of my applications or save cloud documents.  My billing is up to date.  Apparently this is due to to the Business/Personal profile addition made a while ago.  Adobe didn't provide any tools to move documents between profiles, and the messaging about any sort of expiration was extremely cryptic and unhelpful. 

Now, as a result, I am busy un-screwing up my work environment because Adobe's rollout of this unwanted feature was incredibly poorly-considered.

In theory, it's a good idea.  I use my work account for personal projects, but the rollout and implementation was terrible.

TOPICS
Business ID

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As part of the upgrade of the Creative Cloud plans to Business storage, we had introduced Personal and Business profiles for users and organizations to manage their apps and assets.

Some users who were part of multiple business organizations, were given a complimentary 60-day All Apps subscription. This was applied automatically and was provided to ensure that these users have adequate time to transfer their assets to the correct profiles.  

These promotional codes are now starting to expire, hence users are receiving “Your subscription is about to expire” notifications on their apps.

You can safely ignore this message.

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this doesn't help.  The expiration notices mentioned nothing about reverting to trial versions or losing access to functionality.  I never asked for these changes to be made and the clumsy way in which Adobe went about implementing them has really screwed up my work week.  If this was a free trial, then why are all of my paid apps now reporting "Trial expired"?  

Additionally, the workflow provided to move assets from Personal to Business profiles is abysmal.  I have to get links to each one and then visit each link individually?  Really?  I have HUNDREDS of files that I have to move manually.  This process is trash.  Why did Adobe not build any tools for their users?  This is insulting. Worse than that, it is incredibly disruptive.  I will have to spend DAYS moving each file over individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, the instructions provided to migrate Cloud Documents DO NOT WORK.  I do not have the option to "Get Link" like it shows in the instructions. I have the option to "Share," which does not include any functionality to get a link.   Frankly, it is embarrassing how botched this process has been from Adobe.

The quality from Adobe over the last 2 years has been steadily declining.  They are clearly getting lazy with their monopoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this whole personal/business profile debacle is incredibly confusing and it took me several days to figure out what was going on with my software. It looks like my subscription for Adobe Acrobat Pro is under my "Business" profile while my other subscription for RoboHelp is under my "Personal" profile - same e-mail address is used for both accounts. Becasue the software is under 2 different accounts, I can't use both software programs at the same time - how is this logical? 

--Jessica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cant believe a company as large as Adobe has such confusing platform. I had an Adobe Pro subsciption. When I wanted to also subscibe to Adobe Sign, they said I had to use a different email. Now when I go to sign it I have 3 profiles to choose from and not one of them has all of the services I pay for. I called customer service 7 times and each time they said have to speak with their "enterprise team" and each time the call drops as they complete the transfer. Really disappointed with Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines