Exit

Annotations / Comment Preferences settting

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Windows 10 Machine

I am currently tasked with changing the prefrences for Acrobat.

Currently when a user adds a comment to a PDF, the "author" is displayed as the username.

I am asked to deploy a package / script to our enterprise that will change that to their Display Name.

I found documentation that points to a few registry entries to get the desired effect, however, it is not giving me the expeted results.

I have tried and tested multiple scenarios, but the short story is changing the registry entry located at 

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2015\Annots\cPrefs

bAlwaysUseIndent to 1 or 0 does not uncheck or check the GUI box associated with it.

That setting is supposed to toggle the box that says "Always use Log-in Name for Author name".

The key is changing and sticking after reboot/logging out and back into the OS.

Source for info:  https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/Annots.html

Any ideas?

Is there updated documentation for this?

I realize that this setting is not locakable, but i cannot understand how the key change is having no effect.

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Would request you to create a support case from the admin console so that our technicians from Acrobat team can investigate the issue. Kindly mention the version of Acrobat and environment while creating the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tested the same registry and it worked fine however using 2019 & 2020 version. I would suggest you to install the latest version of Acrobat 2015 and then try to use the same registry. You can download the patch file using this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html#id3.

I would also suggest you to take a new test machine , download a new pkg for Acrobat 2015 and then try to reproduce the isuse. If the issue persist, kindly create a support case from the admin console so that we can investigate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

The versions we have accros our enterprise vary, but for Adobe Standard we are on 15.006.30504

Due to some of the other critical applications not being compatible with the most current version, we are stuck on this one, for now.

I have attempted this same process on 2 other of my own VMs.  Our QA team has also tested on multiple machines with the same result as I am seeing.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would request you to create a support case from the admin console so that our technicians from Acrobat team can investigate the issue. Kindly mention the version of Acrobat and environment while creating the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines