• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assign license for a user to the company profile instead of the personal profile

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Adobe for Teams in our company.

We were migrated to new Adobe storage and all users were migrated from Adobe ID to Business ID automatically.

When I assign a Creative Cloud license to a new or existing user in the Admin Console, it is automatically assigned to the user in the personal profile. The license assigned to the user is an "Adobe for Teams - Creative Cloud All Apps" with 1 TB of storage (see screenshot).

If the user selects Company Profile, it shows that no subscription is available.

What do I need to do to assign the license to the user's company profile?

TOPICS
Admin console , Business ID , Enterprise , Licensing , Manage account , Services and storage , Teams

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

The license should be assigned to the user's Business profile. Can you check on the Admin Console > Users tab and see Identity type of the user. It should be a Business ID. In fact, there isn't any way for you to assign a teams licence to a Personal profile.

When you assign a license to the brand new user, the user will receive an email invite. They'll need to click the "Get started" button/link on the email to join the team and complete their profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license should be assigned to the user's Business profile. Can you check on the Admin Console > Users tab and see Identity type of the user. It should be a Business ID. In fact, there isn't any way for you to assign a teams licence to a Personal profile.

When you assign a license to the brand new user, the user will receive an email invite. They'll need to click the "Get started" button/link on the email to join the team and complete their profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also having this issue. Adobe is a business account, but when the email gets sent to the user and they click the link it tells them they can complete their personal account. No way to switch it before hand. Adds many steps to licensing business users in Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Adobe for Teams in our company.

We were migrated to the new Adobe storage few weeks ago and all users were migrated from Adobe ID to Business ID automatically.

When I assign a Creative Cloud license to a new or existing user in the Admin Console, it is automatically assigned to the user in the personal profile. The license assigned to the user is an "Adobe for Teams - Creative Cloud All Apps" with 1 TB of storage (see screenshot).

If the user selects Company Profile, it shows in the profile that no subscription is available.

What do I need to do to assign the license to the user's company profile for our employees?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe user Profile piece / subsection has a detection / handling issue with stacked "user" on one email address. I had this "assign" profile and seperation within Adobe user Profiles. BUT it all fell apart when a third pieces was added.

Background, I had a personal profile for years (email address as ID).  I added a business profile (same email addressas ID). Then Adobe added / enhanced the user Profiles and the two worked under Adobe's updated Profile choice system (not smooth but worked). BUT my Apple iCloud purchase (iCloud had the email address) caused no profile to work correctly (Adobe user Profile chooser only offered one business and one personal).

I muddled along with NO 100% working profile. I assumed issue was because I have multiple smartphones and computers connecting to different profiles. Finally after a couple months things ceased, I could login but not work.

The solution that worked was to remove Adobe user Profile sharing functionality. I changed my iCloud email address (remove that) then deleted my business license / profile (loosing all cloud items not backed up to other clouds). Once unique email for each user Profile / license, all Adobe user profiles are unique and seem to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines