• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic Upgrade from Acrobat Reader DC to Pro

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the past week, we have been experiencing strange behaviour where the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is automatically upgraded to the Adobe Acrobat Pro version of the application. It's not until we blocked Automatic Updates using the "bUpdater" Registry Key that this behaviour has stopped. As multiple users utilise the system it may well be possible they are initiating the upgrade but as they don't have Windows Administrative Rights then it shouldn't be possible to upgrade the software.

Has this behaviour changed recently? I've noted another post in these forums from this month where their version was automatically upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit and a new (undocumented) Registry Key was required to fix, bUpdateToSingleApp. Are these related?

Adobe 32bit Updating Automatically to 64bit - Adobe Support Community - 12400606

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your company needs to use the correct installer then, most likely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read what you write?
"Adobe DC is now a Unified installer"
There ar NO OTHER INSTALLERS! I do not count the old 32-bit as that automatically upgrades to 64.

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back when this comment was made, there were other installers still. Now, it is Unified and that should be the only installer getting used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having issues with my staff where as I provided them with a pro subscription but Reader isnt automatically converting to Pro. Tried on multiple ones and it doesn't convert annoyingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Unified installer of Adobe? And it only converts on the staff profile that signs in, not for all users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and we're using Intune to deploy the packages too. The staff are signed in with their accounts as well. When navigating to manage my account, it says they're on a pro subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is your Adobe Unified packaged as far as options in the Acrobat Customization Wizard? I would check all those options. Are you sure "Disable Product Updates" isn't checked?

Also, I've previously had to do full uninstall/reinstall of Adobe because some old reg keys do not get removed on uninstall. 

I would take a test device, fully uninstall Adobe and go through registry to remove the Adobe folder that sticks around (or find an Adobe Cleanup tool). Then make sure the customizations in the Acro Cust Wizard are correct, then reinstall clean.

Outside of that, I'm not sure what other advice I could give myself so you may need to open a new post or support ticket with Adobe if that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ask your team if anyone tried the "free trial" of pro.  I tried it for a week, went in and canceled it but some period of time later I had Pro.  It billed my company credit card 19.99 for a year and Accounting didn't question it.  I didn't get emails telling me I was getting billed and just quit trying to figure it out.  Ond day after a year, the bank put the card on a hold for an unrelated reason and Adobe wouldn't let me read anything until I paid the $19.99.  Wouldn't even let me cancel.  

Check your statement and see if you've been getting billed unawares. 

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines