• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t install any Adobe programs on MacBook Pro M1

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Adobe package from website and then downloaded in .pkg but after I began installing. It said that it can't be installed on this computer. How to fix this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

The Admin Console now supports creating packages for Apple Silicon. You can specify the platform while creating packages. For more information, see Creating Packages.

create-self-service-package

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait until Adobe re-writes all programs to be compatible with the brand new m1 cpu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be posting this in the Enterprise & Teams forum.

I am moving this conversation to that forum space.

Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you fix it? I cannot too. If I want to install with .pkg files, I would get an error which is "This software can't be installed"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to wait until those machines are supported. Some Adobe products do work, but don't ask when the other will work. Adobe, I'm sure, tries it's best, but some things can't be rushed. It was probably easier when Windows and MacOS where on the same CPU.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand. Isn't Adobe support installation with .pkg files on Macbook M1 (Silicon) products? I just want to learn whether I can install Adobe CC with .pkg format on my Macbook M1? 

I don't care if these programs will run with Rosetta 2 emulation. But I don't install with .pkg format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! I also want to install Adobe Cloud with.pkg format on Macbook silicon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: The Admin Console now supports additional platform options while creating packages. The solution/article provided in this post is no longer valid and has been unpublished.

--

The packages as downloaded from Admin Console are not compatible on Apple M1 machines. There is a small workaround that you need to perform to make the packages compatible: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/deploy-packages-to-arm-devices.html

We'll be making an update and will make M1 packages compatible. Till that time, please follow the steps in the article to install the packages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The link to te solution isn't working yet.

Can someone give me a tip that i can get it working, please.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Admin Console now supports creating packages for Apple Silicon. You can specify the platform while creating packages. For more information, see Creating Packages.

create-self-service-package

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I choose Apple Silicon but I don't get the native (16.3.x) version of InDesign as an option. It's only displaying InDesign 16.2.1.

Doing this on an M1 Mac Mini. I can get InDesign 16.3.x if I do a standalone install of the CC Control panel but I need to make a package for multiple M1 Macs. Is there any reason I can't see InDesign 16.3.x through the CC Packager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines