• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot apply activated Adobe Fonts to text in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can I search for and activate Adobe Fonts from within Illustrator but when I try to apply them to text they don't apply, it's like they don't even exist. But Adobe CC notifies me they are activated, they show up as activated. I'm in HigherEd, employees have named-user licenses and we authenticate via our enterprise ID. Can I get this to work, or no?

TOPICS
Enterprise , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

As a user in an education set-up, your school could have deployed either a "Shared Device" license on your computer or assigned you with a  Named User licence.

Shared Device licenses, a only license the apps to run on a particular computer, such as in a lab or library. Services, such as Fonts, and Storage are as per the ones available ot the user who signs in to use the apps. So in case, you're using a Shared Device license to run Illustrator, the Fonts service is based on your Enterprise ID that you're using to sign in. By default, if your Admin has not added any services to this Enterprise ID, the Fonts service will be unavailable. See https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/sdl-known-issues.html for some more information.

If your organization has assigned a Named User license to you, then it's unlikely that this issue is being caused because you're in HigherEd and an enterprise named user license. If you're able to Search and activate fonts, then your Administrator has not disabled Fonts.

However, just to eliminate possible causes, can you verify that  Fonts enabled in your Creative Cloud Desktop app? 

enable-fonts.png

You can also try following the some of the applicable sections in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html

Also, are you facing this problem only on Illustrator? Or can this be replicated in other apps as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening in Photoshop and InDesign. I went through all the troubleshooting steps from https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html. Yes, fonts are enabled in my Creative Cloud Desktop app. Today the "Find More" link in the font selection area of the Control bar finds NO Adobe Fonts even though fonts are enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cheryl, 

I have reviewed the screen recording you have shared with us on twitter and tried to reproduce the issue, however it works fine at my end. 

I would request you to send an email to ecs@adobe.com mentioning your issue with screen recording and a link to this thread, or contact your Admin and ask them to create a case through the Admin console. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try starting with my helpdesk and share this thread and the video recording with them. Hopefully it will come through to you all as a new open case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Cheryl, the team will do their best to help you resolve this issue. Please update this thread once it is resolved or if you have any more queries. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I reported the problem to my campus HelpDesk. I have not received a response. For whatever reason, today my fonts are working, but I can't say what the fix or correct answer is. If I learn more, I will update this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Cheryl, please do so as it will surely help our other community members with a similar query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines