• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC removed Photoshop from my win10 workstation, won't reinstall, thinks my PC is ARM based

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I woke up this morning to find Creative Cloud had removed my install of photoshop, and it had completely disappeared from my CC library in the CC desktop app. 

Going to my account on Adobe.com and tried to reinstall PS from my list of apps, CC errors out and says "Photoshop has not yet been made available for this device" despite the fact on the website it says it works on this device. 

Any ideas? Adobe, What did you break this time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you didn't show the error message which might have been useful.  what you showed was not useful.

so make sure your computer is compatible including having tls 1.2 enabled: adobe recently upped their requirements for browser security, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

if your computer is compatible, reset the cc app to see if that solves the problem.

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

after doing that, if it still does not want to update, restart your computer and retry updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't show the error message since I stated it verbatim - "Photoshop has not yet been made available for this device". You can visualize it in a popup if that satisfies you.

I reset, restarted, repaired the install and restarted, every which way. Still didn't show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, what type of Creative Cloud membership are you using? I don't see any individual memberships associated with the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.

If you have an individual membership and unrestricted access to the computer the Creative Cloud software is installed on, then see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html for information on how to manage the update process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on an enterprise membership but my machine is a one-off since I'm the only motion designer on the team, and as such it's not supported by the IT team. I use the standard Adobe CC app downloaded here and manage it myself. 

As I stated before, I did a clean reinstall of the CC app, and letting it auto-update is likely what got me itno this situation with it auto-removing the software, it was still throwing the error when I tried to install via web, and desktop PS still doesn't appear at all in the app itself as available to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, James.  Would you please verify with your organization's Creative Cloud administrator that they did not push any updates to the computer for your next steps?

I will also move this discussion to the Enterprise & Teams discussion forum since the Download and Install solutions are primarily aimed at individual users with their memberships.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they didn't push any updates to my rig because they cannot, as I said my machine is not managed by the IT group, it's my personal WFH machine running my enterprise CC license.

If you're curious this is what my photos app list looks like, note the absence of desktop photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the error I get when I try to push the install from the website. It still doesn't show up in my apps list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have reported the issue with the concerned team, and in order to understand what could be causing this they need to look at the log files.

Would request you to share your logs using the log collector tool from here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html 

Awaiting your response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This definitely sounds like a new bug because I just went through an identical process to you--apps missing on desktop app > tried to download from the website--and am getting the exact same error message when trying to install Photoshop on my replacement laptop. It is the exact same laptop model that I had a week ago before unfortunately breaking it (Microsoft Surfacebook 3, Windows 10 64-bit, Intel processor), which had all of my CC apps installed on it working just fine. And the error link also brought me to a page thinking I have an ARM based processor, which I obviously don't.

Another interesting observation: While Photoshop was complete missing from my CC desktop app right off the bat, I noticed that Illustrator was the first app on the list, and then I restarted the desktop application and POOF, I literally watched Illustrator disappear from the list a few milliseconds after the menu appeared.

ALSO: When you use the search bar, the missing apps show up, but when you click on them, it loads for a bit and then just reloads the apps menu. However, when you search for one of the apps that IS there, it immediately brings up the info page on the app. I would venture to say this may be the same for you.

I urgently need access to my apps because I am in art school and have large assignments that require the use of several of the apps, including Photoshop and Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this conversation spilled into another thread where I solved it for now-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams-discussions/ps-icon-dont-show-up-in-creative-cloud/t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know, I'll try your methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should be resolved now, we pushed another update for Photoshop last night which takes care of this problem.

Regards

Rohit Pandita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines