• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud file doesn't recognize me as the file owner

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made some illustrator files several months ago and saved them to the cloud. Now I am trying to open them and it says "Can't open file. The account you signed in with doesn't have access to this file. Contact the owner for more info." I am the original creator and I have an adobe account using one email that has both a personal account and a school account (which I can't remember if I've ever used this). The files appear in-app under "Your files" but if I go to assets.adobe.com it says "You have no cloud documents." Since I made them I've gotten a new computer and my original subscription ended and I am currently on a 7 day trial on my personal account. Also I'm a student and my institution paid for the subscription originally. I don't remember if I made the files after being signed into a personal account or a school account. When I'm signed into my school account if I try to go to assets.adobe.com I get: "Error 401: Unauthorized. You are not authorized to access this site." I'm just trying to make small changes to these files and recreating them from scratch would take weeks. 😞

Clearly the ownership of the files has gotten mixed up somehow since I made the files but I don't know how to check who Adobe thinks is the owner. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems likely that you saved it under your school account. You'd have to address with the school why you can't access the assets you made. The "you" with the school account and the "you" with the personal account are completely different, and get no rights over the other. (This isolation is built in and deliberate, because some people do have personal work that their employer must not see; and some employers have files that must not be accessed outside of work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem too. If you do as shown in the pictures I added, your problem will be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, do you have the explanation in english? i dont understand the steps you made to correct the problem, many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Melanie241294228l2k  -- I was having this problem too but found a workaround. If you can see your files in the Creative Cloud viewer, you can click the three ... menu in the top right to download them/save locally. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines