• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud packager Upgrade from 2014 to 2015 Products

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use the Creative Cloud Packager for teams to built our needed Software.

After that we install this Package to the Clients.

We have the done this for the 2014 Products and installed them. Thats working.

Also the Package for 2015 Products can be installed on a clean computer.

But now we want to upgrade the installed Adobe Products from 2014  to 2015 on the clients.

After we have finished the install of the 2015 package we see all 2014 and 2015 products on the computer.

adobe.PNG

Here is a screenshot. Normally it should be that the old version gets uninstalled and the new version should be installed.

We do not need the old Versions..

How can we do this with the adobe creative cloud packager?

We can't upgrade it manually on each client!

Thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

The options are the same. Command line uninstalls are what most admins prefer because, for licensing reasons, they like to have a tight control over what software is deployed to each machine and need to do so across an organisation not on a system by system basis.

Deploy packages for Adobe Creative Cloud

Uninstall products using command line

You can use the command line to uninstall latest versions of some individual products.

For a list of products you can uninstall using the command line

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue and am looking for a solution... Anyone?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we have the same problem too.  I packaged In-Design CC 2014 last year for our users, now they want In-Design CC 2015.  I tried creating just a CC Packager package of just the 2015 updates but, that didn't work.  So, I created a package for In-Design CC 2015, with updates.  When a user installs it, we have both In-Design 2014 and 2015 installed.

When a user with admin rights (most don't) used the CC Desktop App, this downloaded/installed updates and left the user with just 2015.

So, do we have to remove the CC 2014 packages via cmd line first and then install the CC 2015 packages?

One other odd thing we have, if we install the trial of In-Design from the Adobe site, it takes about 10 mins to install, the packaged version from CC Packager (which only includes updates) can take 20-30 mins to install???  Anyone else had this with other CC packages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If installing via the Creative Cloud Desktop App there is a choice to remove the previous version.

If you have deployed a package created with Creative Cloud Packager that option is not available. You can do an msi uninstall to remove the previous package installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is quite old and still not resolved?

The situation is this: To automate the installation and avoiding to download the software for each seat and because we are in a administrated environment, where the user has user rights and the admin has admin rights I configured the creative Cloud Packager to deploy your beautiful software on our 5 paid for seats.

As I have no problem with keeping old versions on my PC, it is impossible for our system guys even to know which program to remove, because they are not "Adobe educated" and never will be.

I would therefore stress 2 factors:

• Because I'm not the system guy, I'm loosing my time telling the system guys each time which programs to select and which not. - I would love the packager knowing about what we want on our systems. If there is a new program out, I can easily advice to add this one to the package, or the packager could even suggest that there is a new program (not a new version) out. For the rest, I want my chosen apps to be selected automatically for update.
  • When updating, I would like to have the possibility to remove the old packages automatically. This can be an option or a default or a preconfigured condition. But it can not be the case, that the system guy can install updated versions automatically, but he needs to remove the old versions manually, where he does not know the details.

What are my options?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The options are the same. Command line uninstalls are what most admins prefer because, for licensing reasons, they like to have a tight control over what software is deployed to each machine and need to do so across an organisation not on a system by system basis.

Deploy packages for Adobe Creative Cloud

Uninstall products using command line

You can use the command line to uninstall latest versions of some individual products.

For a list of products you can uninstall using the command line and their sapCodes, baseVersions, and platforms, see Applications that can be deployed without their base versions.

Syntax examples:

• Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\Setup.exe --uninstall=1 --sapCode= PHSP --baseVersion=17.0 --platform= win32 --deleteUserPreferences=false
  • Mac: /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/HDCore/Setup --uninstall=1 --sapCode=PHSP --baseVersion=17.0 --platform=osx10-64 --deleteUserPreferences=true
  • Mac:  /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/HDCore/Setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fast answer. I suppose this gives also the answers to the inital quest so that we may consider this as answered.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EveryBody,

I'm "Creative Cloud subscription team" client and I 've the same problem. I want to silently uninstall Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 version 16.1.2 because i want install Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.3. I use this command line into batch script:

start /wait /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\" Setup.exe --uninstall=1 --sapCode=PHSP --baseVersion=16.1.2 --platform=win32 --deleteUserPreferences=false

And i 've an error:

Exit Code: 135

So, i try to uninstall Adobe After Effects CC 2014 (13.2.0) because i want install Adobe After Effects CC 2015.3 (13.8.1):

start /wait /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\" Setup.exe --uninstall=1 --sapCode=AEFT --baseVersion=13.2.0 --platform=win32 --deleteUserPreferences=false

...and I've the same problem !

There is there an issue to this problem ?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something seems wrong there. After Effects is a 64 bit only application.You can't use platform=win32

See Adobe Creative Cloud Packager apps deployed without their base version present

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alisterblack,

I set an example of commands that I tested. I also tested with "platform=win64" and has the same problem !
I saw in the "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Adobe \ Adobe Creative Cloud \ HDCore \" folder there is also a binary named "Uninstaller.exe" which is also used to perform uninstall Adobe softwares (see the Windows registry key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft \Windows\CurrentVersion\uninstall ).
Will I use it to uninstall the old version ?
If so, what parameters can I use with this binary?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"The options are the same. Command line uninstalls are what most admins prefer because, for licensing reasons, they like to have a tight control over what software is deployed to each machine and need to do so across an organisation not on a system by system basis."

Honestly no - I rather just have the package magically upgrade whatever the customer has to the one I want to be "compliant".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What we found is what alisterblack posted.  There is no way to automate the removal of the old version when installing CC2015 via a 'package' you made.  The whole point of using a 'package' created with the package creator is to automate the install in your enterprise and to allow you to push this out to remote machines.  However, Adobe failed to add in the option to "remove previous version" in the package creator, which makes it somewhat self defeating.  This is a major failure and inconvenience.  If you don't use a package and instead manually install CC2015, you do have an option you can check a box to 'remove previous version', but what's the point of the package creator if you have to manually install?

You can do a MSI uninstall on CC2014, but we found it had to be done on each individual sub-CC2014 app.  This was not convenient to do and in the end, we had our techs sit at each machine and simply go to Programs and Features and manually uninstall CC2014 that way prior to installing CC2015.  (Yes, a very inefficient, inconvenient, and frustrating way to have to maintain your computers, all because Adobe didn't put the ability into the package creator to 'remove previous version' like the stand alone installation has.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check that with our engineers.

Another option is to perform an MSI uninstall

e.g. start /wait msiexec /uninstall packagename.msi /qn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my other post :

- https://forums.adobe.com/message/8964257#8964257

I'm already try msiexec command line !

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great for me! thanks alister

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines