• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud proxy settings

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have big trouble with CC proxy settings.

What happens: I started a VPN and it changed some of the network settings that gave me troubles, but now I uninstalled it.

All is back to normal EXCEPT CC!

CC cant' connect to Internet anymore: I see a never ending blu circle spinning.

With some tools I found it tries to connect to 10.149.x.x which is the proxy of the VPN I removed, but this proxy is not set anywhere now.

I tried setting a different proxy in Internet Explorer and restarted CC: now it connects as expected, but when I remove the proxy from Internet Explorer settings again, CC still tries to connect to that proxy!!!

Where is this stored??

What can I do?!?

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Ah!!!!

At last!!!!

I found that Creative Cloud does not use Proxy settings from Internet Explorer, it uses WInHTTP settings.

https://securelink.be/blog/windows-proxy-settings-explained/

I needed to use

"netsh winhttp proxy reset"

to fix it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can whitelist endpoints as noted in this document Adobe Creative Cloud Network Endpoints

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this is not clear: where should I put that list of endpoints?

As I said, I have proxy disable in all system, it is CC that insists in using one that some VPN set days ago.

So, I understand I have to put that list in CC, somehow, it this correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am unclear how a proxy which has been disabled could be blocking Creative Cloud applications but this is usually handled by the Creative Cloud Desktop Application so please ensure that this is installed and up to date.

The whitelist would be entered within the proxy settings.

See also Proxy support in Adobe Creative Cloud Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what is unclear to me too!!

That's why I'm asking here.

I repeat: proxy is disabled in Internet Explorer settings, all the application works as expected except for CC Desktop.

When I open it, I see the circle spinning: if I trace what's happening, I see SYN_SENT to 10.149.x.x that is the proxy I had with the VPN.

If I change proxy settings in Internet Epxlorer, CC Desktop start connecting to Internet, when I disable proxy in Internet Explorer settings, CCDesktop turns back to 10.149.x.x.

It seems CC has its own proxy settings somewhere that it picks if it does not find a system proxy, could this be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As mentioned check that the Creative Cloud Desktop App is up to date as this handles proxy support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how: without connection I don't see any "about" menu and if I download the setup files, they don't work as they try to connect through proxy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You will find the version in the preferences for the Desktop App.

If you are still having trouble you may want to get assistance from Customer Support Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But preferences are not enabled if the Desktop App doesn't get to connect to server....

The link you provided, after some questions, links back to forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah!!!!

At last!!!!

I found that Creative Cloud does not use Proxy settings from Internet Explorer, it uses WInHTTP settings.

https://securelink.be/blog/windows-proxy-settings-explained/

I needed to use

"netsh winhttp proxy reset"

to fix it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help, I am now having this same issue but on a mac.  Do you know what the equivalent would be to fix it there?  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this link is not working for me,

would you please share it here again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Theo09856755 

this is an old thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open CMD as administrator and type "netsh.exe winhttp import proxy source=ie" and press enter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, before I tried everything and nothing helped me until I saw your answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using surfshark VPN and switched my connection protocol to TCP and it works fine now.

Adobe was completely useless as technical support as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines