• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deploy Adobe Creative Cloud Application

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I am packaging up the Current Adobe Creative Cloud App Version 4.7.0.400 and I need the Silent Install Switch.

I have tried the following Set-up.exe --silent and it keeps popping up the Adobe Sign In Windows. So please share with me what is the silent switch to install this application silently?

Also I have a side question, if the Adobe Creative Cloud application is installed on users system who has No Admin Rights, will they be able to log into the application and download/install for example Acrobat without Admin Rights?

Thank You

Josh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Thanks.

Okay, I would recommend to build a package using the Creative Cloud Packager tool. You can have a package with just the CC Desktop App and it will give you much more functionality.

You can get CCP from the Licensing Website or the Admin Console. You can also build a package directly on the Admin Console.

Packaging User Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the second part of your question : You can create a Self Service package - Deploy, deliver, and update apps in Adobe Creative Cloud for enterprise deployments

I'll let others handle the first question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That parameter will install a package silently. However when the CC Desktop App is launched it will still ask for a sign-in. It is designed for a named-user license assigned to an individual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, but the issue is with deploying the application. Even for test purpose when I run the Set-up.exe --silent, instead of installing the application, it launches the Sign-In Window. If the switch suppose to install silently, why is this happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you supply some additional detail?

How have you made your package? What method are you using for deployment? Do you install with elevated admin privileges? What environment are you deploying to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have download the current version Adobe Creative Cloud off Adobe Website and I am packaging it up using PowerShell. Here is the command I am using in PowerShell Execute-Process -Path "Set-up.exe" -Parameters "--silent"

Once my package is working correctly, I will be using SCCM 2012 to deploy the application to Software Center and yes it does install with Elevated Admin Privileges.

We mostly use Windows 10 in our Environment 

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Okay, I would recommend to build a package using the Creative Cloud Packager tool. You can have a package with just the CC Desktop App and it will give you much more functionality.

You can get CCP from the Licensing Website or the Admin Console. You can also build a package directly on the Admin Console.

Packaging User Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback that was the common answer that I have been getting while researching this topic online. Lol the only problem is that I don't have access to that tool. Reaching out to my internal contacts and see if I can get access to the application.

And you are correct that there are a lot of options available when it comes to packaging up the applications and what I am trying to achieve I believe is doable with the CCP Tool.

Thanks for the information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this post is coming up on a year old, but I ran into this issue as well. To silently install Adobe CC without having to use the Package Tool and get rid of the sign-in window, you can do the following:

1. Set-up.exe --silent
  2. End the "Creative Cloud.exe" process.

I run a PowerShell script to end the process after the install:

$ErrorActionPreference = "SilentlyContinue"

Stop-Process -Name "Creative Cloud" -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | out-null

I do this for my MDT deployment of Windows 10 Enterprise 1903. I don't have access to the Package Tool or Admin Console because I'm not part of the IT of my university that handles that. However, we do our own deployments within my entity and I need to install Adobe CC to save time with post-deployment configuration. I add this PowerShell script after the app installs. Run that script after every reboot as well.

On a related note, I also do the same with GlobalProtect to get rid of the connection window that pops up. Example:

Stop-Process -Name PanGPA -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | out-null

Wait-Process -Name PanGPA -Timeout 30

Stop-Service -Name PanGPS -NoWait -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | out-null

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines