• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Devices

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 Adobe licences.  On my office computer (device) I work both locally and in the cloud from the same computer.  However each time I move from local to cloud I am told I only have 3 licences, (the other 2 are in use with associates) and so have to disengage a device which is a nonsense.  I am on the one device, just different working sessions, local and cloud.  Help please.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Ok, it doesn't work that way. You CANNOT accumulate extra licenses on one account; you can pay for three but you get only one license. And you MUST NOT share an account under any circumstances. So what is actually happening is that your account is being used (improperly) on two machines. When you try to use the plan on a third, your two-device limit is reached and you must sign out the others. You will need to contact Adobe Customer Service to resolve this. Hopefully, they will be able to either

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have 3 individual licenses, on the same account, for the same plan?

Or 3 individual licenses on the same account, for 3 different plans?

Or something else? (DON'T POST PERSONAL INFO, TAKE CARE).

I don't understand "other 2 are with associates". Do you mean the message says this, but the message is wrong? Or that 2 of these 3 licenses are used by other people, even though they are on the same account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 licences on the same account and I assume on the same plan.

I use 1 licence, and the other 2 licences are used by employees of the company.

I use my licence over 3 different computers and I fully understand that I need to move my licence from computer to computer.  However when I am on one of these computers I can work locally and in the cloud.  But when I move from local to the cloud, on the same computer, I am constantly told that I do not have an available licence even though I am on the one computer simply moving from a local environment to a cloud environment.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it doesn't work that way. You CANNOT accumulate extra licenses on one account; you can pay for three but you get only one license. And you MUST NOT share an account under any circumstances. So what is actually happening is that your account is being used (improperly) on two machines. When you try to use the plan on a third, your two-device limit is reached and you must sign out the others. You will need to contact Adobe Customer Service to resolve this. Hopefully, they will be able to either cancel the redundant plans (there may be a charge for that) or transfer the two plans to the two specific employees of the company. Note that there is no way to share licenses; if for example, you have four employees and two at a time need to use the app, you need four accounts and four licenses.  

Individual licenses belong ENTIRELY to the individual. You - as employer, or person who pays the bills - have no rights over it whatever: you cannot cancel it, sort out billing issues, or transfer it. For this reason, Team Licenses are preferred for small companies with employees. The same rules - one license per person - apply, you aren't paying for a license to share with a team of people. But you get to administer the account, and can reassign licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your assistance and advice.  

What is the best way to contact Adobe Customer Service as I have always found this very difficult.  Is there a phone number so that I can speak to someone rather than try and do this over emails.  We are in Australia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are signed in to web with the same account. Go to Adobe Help Center

Look at bottom right of the page, there should be a "speech bubble" sort of thing. Click it to start a chat. If you need to talk to a human type AGENT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and if anyone sends a private message, they are trying to scam you. Adobe won't send a message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines