• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropbox Cloud Storage and Shared Device Licensing

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our yearbook staff uses Dropbox as their collaborative cloud solution for their InDesign, Photoshop, and Lightroom files with our current deployment using Device Based licenses - no login to CC required.

We must get our apps up to date and are moving to SDL.

Is anyone else out there using Dropbox in an SDL deployment?

Any issues or problems that you have run into?

I appreciate any feedback so I can keep my yearbook advisor happy and not have to change the staff workflow.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Yes, apart from licensing technology and a few app features rest all the functionality of the CC app remains same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

The SDL license comes with no cloud storage and online services as it is a machine based license. You can still collaborate/save files in Dropbox separately however no option is available to save it directly to dropbox. With the latest version kindly check for the backward compatibility of the files like if any file is created in new version so in some apps it will not open in older version. 

Hope this answers your query. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. With the exception of each user having to sign in and now having access to the most recent versions of the apps, I can expect similar behavior I had in the older Device Based model then which limited us to the 2018 versions of CC apps? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, apart from licensing technology and a few app features rest all the functionality of the CC app remains same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines