• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 205 when installing Adobe Creative Cloud applications through my University's membership

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been paying for my subscription for years now and I still cannot install the app on one of my computers cause I get error 205.

I have done everything possible including:

1. disabling antivirus and firewalls

2. deleting all instances of the installer including everywhere on the drives and windows registery

3. using Adobe's own cleaner tool

4. using microsoft forced uninstaller

Nothing works.

Sad that Adobe doesn't care enough to fix this issue.  I'm not the only one looking for an offline installer due to issues with CreativeCloud's installer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

@Pourya26166217ghjw 

you have an enterprise/teams subscription.  so, your support is available via the plan's administrator.  contact that person.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's a licensing error, not a connection error:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/fix-licensing-error-205.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it’s not.
I have 2 licenses. I’m only using one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know which one you are talking about. 

that is not my case. Cause there was never a creative cloud on this computer to "log out and then log into". 
or to open any app. 

from day 1, it never allowed me to install creativecloud on this PC. 
it crashed during the first time in the middle of installing and since then, it gives me that error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check if your computer meets cc install specs - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'd assume a 5950X with a RTX3080, 64G of ram, and 2Tb of nvme free space should be sufficient.

I'll try to post a screenshot of what I see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-12-03 163757.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And no, my internet is now slow.  I have a 1Gbps connection and my average download speed is 40 MB/s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pourya26166217ghjw 

you have an enterprise/teams subscription.  so, your support is available via the plan's administrator.  contact that person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if Adobe Customer Service can remotely connect and fix it  (Make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups and cookies on your browser. You may not be able to see the chat window if using a VPN.):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pourya,

As mentioned by @kglad, you need to contact the Creative Cloud or IT admin at your college to get this resolved. 

To know how to reach them, please see: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/contact-administrator.html 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you still need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines