• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Needed: Egress IP's not Recognized

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following Error message when I try to open a CC app on a lab machine. Federated ID's and on shared (lab) machines.

"Sorry, your sign-in doesn't match the IP range of your assigned lab. Please contact you IT Administrator"

The ip address of the lab machine has been listed under Egress IP's for the shared device configuration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Hi,

Setting an egress IP range is always optional, if you have set them you can remove them.

Shared device configuration

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

I know this thread is old, but given the current world-wide requirement to work from home, I can only imagine that everyone might run into this very issue as they migrate their services to online and remote for their users and students.

In our case, our institution had deployed an Adobe Cloud Package in-house to all our devices.  Once users began taking them home, they began encountering the Egress IP error, despite having federated accounts.

Even if you completely remove Adobe and all its produ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Hello mlevings1,

Kindly go to the "Go" option at the top side of the screen/desktop, select "Go to Folder" option and enter this location "/Library/Application Support/Adobe" on that box and under Adobe folder search for "OperatingConfigs" folder which you can remove/delete from the machine. 

Please let us know if that fixed your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Setting an egress IP range is not mandatory. It is an optional step.

If you do decide to use them then the egress IPs need to be the external or public IP address, not the machine IP or internal address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not appear to be true in this case...

"Edit Permissions for Default Creative Cloud All Apps for K-12 - Shared Device configuration

User Access Policy

Machines cannot access Adobe applications and services outside of the defined Egress IP addresses or IP ranges"

"Manage Creative Cloud All Apps: Shared Device License

How to set up

1 Review Profile Permissions

Make sure the access policy and egress IP ranges are right for your organization. If everything looks good, move onto the next step."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Setting an egress IP range is always optional, if you have set them you can remove them.

Shared device configuration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite the wording in the admin console indicating that Egress IP addresses are required as part of the user access policy, it turns out that they are in fact, optional! If they are listed then all machines must be WAN accessible which is not possible for a school lab environment.

Removing any and all IP addresses from the Egress IP address list, removed the IP address error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this thread is old, but given the current world-wide requirement to work from home, I can only imagine that everyone might run into this very issue as they migrate their services to online and remote for their users and students.

In our case, our institution had deployed an Adobe Cloud Package in-house to all our devices.  Once users began taking them home, they began encountering the Egress IP error, despite having federated accounts.

Even if you completely remove Adobe and all its products, including the Cloud App, and run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool, there are numerous folders that remain intact on the computer.  The one we found as the culprit was the "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\OperatingConfigs" folder.  As soon as I renamed OperatingConfigs to OperatingConfigs.old, the Egress IP error no longer appeared and applications ran as expected.

TL:DR

Ren "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\OperatingConfigs" "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\OperatingConfigs.old"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this. Before coming across your answer, I've been uninstalling and reinstalling my Adobe apps for days. The IT personnel did not also know what to with that egress IP error. Your tip worked immediately. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac, working remotely for an organisation, I am connected to the VPN but I am also getting the "your sign in attempt doesnt match the Egress IP's of the computer that this machine is assigned to" I have:

Library/Application Support/Adobe - but no OperatingConfigs option.

I do have Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE and I have read through some threads that deleting the contents of the OOBE folder so that it rebuilds next time it opens could work??

Ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried searching the entire system for a folder named OperatingConfigs?  Including hidden folders?

The OperatingConfigs folder in Windows contains a number of files with seemingly random file names.  However, they do have a file extension of "operatingconfig".

Plattinum2k_2-1588780320902.png

Perhaps there's a differently named folder that contains these types of files? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just applied this to a teacher's desktop on Windows 10 running CC 19' and resolved the exact issue described above.  Thank you for saving me hours of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. Your solution worked perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. the answers was worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't find it OperatingConfigs in my drive c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this, saved me hours of troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same Egress IP error  - using MacOS - but cannot find any files with OperatingConfigs, even if I search the library for hidden files. I also tried looking through the OOBE folder but didn't find anything that looked like the name matched with any of the suggestions I've seen. My IT department cannot seem to help. Hope someone has some advice!

this issue only arose when I brought my computer home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello mlevings1,

Kindly go to the "Go" option at the top side of the screen/desktop, select "Go to Folder" option and enter this location "/Library/Application Support/Adobe" on that box and under Adobe folder search for "OperatingConfigs" folder which you can remove/delete from the machine. 

Please let us know if that fixed your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! that fixed it. I should have asked here first instead of spending so much time wresting with IT departments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are glad to hear that your issue is fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hrm.. when I try this it does remove the Egress IP, but it also removes the license and turns it into a trial. (shared device license)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was actually an easier solution then expected, it appears to read the Egress IP's from ADOBE. I logged in as admin and removed the egress IP from the profile and POOF all is well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How you did that? Im having the same trial errror 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our frequent work from home users is experiencing this IP EGRESS error message. We're Adobe Enterprise for Education, and I don't see the IP Egress settings while signed in as an admin on the Adobe Enterprise for Education backend. Any tips? We got the new Admin UI and the error seemed to arise the same day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly remove the "operatingconfig" folder from the following location and restart the machine which will fix your issue:

Windows : "C:\\ProgramData\\Adobe"
Mac : "/Library/Application Support/Adobe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! I have the same error message (that my Egress IP is not recognised). On my Mac there is no file in the /Library/Application Support/Adobe named 'operatingconfig'. Could this have been renamed to something else in the 2020 version I had installed by the IT department yesterday? Does anyone know what the new 'operatingconfig' file is called, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines