• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I convert a device from a device license to a user license using packager

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a PC in our environment that we originally installed Creative Cloud apps on a device license.  We want to change over to a user license.  We've purchased the licensing and are ready to deploy.  We've used packager to deploy CC in the past, and installed Creative Cloud Desktop as part of the package.  Do I need to create a new package to remove the device-licensed version from the machine, then create a package to install the user-licensed version? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Since device license is based on machine, you would require to run a remove serialization file on user's machine and migrate the user to named licensing. You can login with your device license admin ID to creative cloud packager and create a license file using creative cloud packager for device license.

Once created, run RemoveVolumeSerial. Here is the article :https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/create-license-file.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we do the opposite process?  I am wanting to convert from user licensing to device licensing on machines that already have the creative cloud desktop applications.  I have run the serialization program.  It worked for about a week but now it is giving me the error that my account is logged on to too many devices.  It's almost acting like it has reverted to named user licensing.  This is happening on all activated devices as of today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

The first step should be uninstalling the Creative Cloud Desktop application on the machines if you are going to be using Device Licensing on them. This is to avoid any confusions for the need of an end-user requiring a sign-in to the applications to be able to use them.

Once you have the app uninstalled, please run the license file again and the issue shouldn't persist any longer.

The reason you are getting this message of your account being logged in on too many machines is that a single Adobe ID is only allowed to sign in to the applications on a maximum of two machines. For device licensing though, you need not sign in to the applications at all.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines