• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reset a User's Password?

Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in my Admin Console and I want to click on a Team member's name and tell the system to email them a password reset link.

I've read some threads from 2014 saying me, as an admin, I cannot do that. I find that hysterical if it's still true. If it isn't true, what's the method for doing that?

TOPICS
Enterprise , Manage account , Teams

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far as I can see, the user can easily do it themselves, so you don't need to. Many of the threads I read were from admins who wanted to give access to a different person, which is something I think Adobe forbid. The license has to be reclaimed, then can be reassigned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User's need to do that on their own. Each user is responsible for his password with his Adobe id. They need to go to account.adobe.com and ask for a new password. That password will be sent to their e-mail associated with the account.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the replies!

I was redoing a bunch of email addresses in various SAAS portals for my users over the weekend, and nearly every single one of them allowed me, as an administrator with a dashboard, to trigger a password reset process. Also, I could edit their information, change their job titles, and - heaven forbid - even change the last names and registered email addresses of some users that have gotten married in the past few years.

None of this I can do with the Adobe portal, which isn't too surprising. I guess Adobe will catch up around 2032 or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines