• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to ACTUALLY contact tech support once your Adobe for Teams account has been split

Explorer ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sharing this because it took quite some time and frustration to figure out, and hope that this can help others with the same issue.

Prior to the forced migration to Business + Personal ID, you could easily go to the help site and start chatting or getting whatever you needed from the Help Center.

Now, going to the help site switches you to your personal profile with no option to switch -- even if you're logged into your business profile, once you go to the help center, it will switch you to your personal profile and constantly remind you that you have no active plan and need to sign out and back in to get help (because a profile switcher to switch between the two profiles that you never asked for was too much work, apparently). However, when you sign out and sign back in -- even with the automatic profile selection setting turned off -- you are still in your personal profile, and still cannot chat or do anything else.

If this sounds familiar, here's what tech support showed me once I finally broke past that stupid chat robot and awaited a phone call: you need to go to plain old www.adobe.com, sign in with your business profile, click "Help & Support," but do NOT click "Help Center." You need to click "Contact Us" from there and only there. If you attempt to go anywhere else you will be forced into your personal profile, which you're probably not using since this is likely your work account.

rburkebsrc_0-1652905082444.png

The support analyst I spoke with also didn't understand why they made it like this, and told me that they had actually paused the whole Business ID rollout because of the issues they've had. So -- you're not alone, but this is how to get support in the meantime if you're part of that unlucky bunch that got their accounts messed with.

TOPICS
Business ID , Teams , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?