• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation of Adobe Packages with Anisble Playbook not working

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems installing Adobe packages using an ansible task. When I run the command in Terminal over SSH it installs correctly, but not as part of a playbook.

Playbook except:

- name: Install Adobe Acrobat DC
ansible.builtin.command:
cmd : installer -pkg /Users/test_user/AcrobatDC_macos_x86-64-v2021-05_Install.pkg -target /
become: yes
register : Acrobat_install_result

Error message from being run in verbose mode:

installer: Package name is AcrobatDC_macos_x86-64-v2021-05
installer: Upgrading at base path /
installer: Preparing for installation….....
installer: Preparing the disk….....
installer: Preparing AcrobatDC_macos_x86-64-v2021-05….....
installer: Waiting for other installations to complete….....
installer: Configuring the installation….....
installer:
#
installer: Running package scripts….....
#
#
installer: Validating packages….....
#
installer: The upgrade failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An error occurred while running scripts from the package “AcrobatDC_macos_x86-64-v2021-05_Install.pkg”.)non-zero return code

I get the same error when I update the xxxx.pkg/Content/Info.plist with and without the <key> InstallLanguage </key> and the <key>IFPkgFlagDefaultLocation</key> being set.

Any insights from the community would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a team or enterprise subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The school that I work for has an enterprise license. The Package that was created is also configured for a shared device license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at that documentation before I posted. I'm confused why when I use SSH and do the installation via command line it works fine. On the otherhand, when I run the same command as the same user on the same system via ansible I get error message. I just seems very weird.

I'd really love this process could be as simple as install the install the Creative Cloud with the shared device license and then via command line tell the Creative Cloud application to download the latest version of whatever software is in my license. I mean it seems silly that you can download/install new software via the GUI but not the command line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please check if you are able to install it without using ansible, using only the terminal. Make sure to close Safari and Microsoft apps before installing the Acrobat package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm able to install the package on the system by running the following command "sudo installer -pkg /Users/test_user/AcrobatDC_macos_x86-64-v2021-05_Install.pkg -target /" this works fine locally in Terminal and remotely using SSH. The problem seems to manifest when I'm pushing this command out as part of an ansible playbook.

As for Safari and Microsoft, I've rebooted the system, remotely logged in using SSH (there's no user signed into the GUI), so those applications aren't running on the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines