• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing AUSST Storage Size

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am led to believe that there is no way to customise the setup and storage requirements of Adobe Update Server using the Setup Tool.

We use a virtual machine and the storage on the 'updates partition' just passed the 300GB mark. I don't believe that the size of the updates collection is warranted by the service that we require from that server (to update Creative Cloud).

I am considering manually removing updates from the AUSST folder structure for products that are not in use (such as CS5). I imagine the server will still believe that these files are present and so incremental synchronisation will continue to download only the newer updates.

i) Is there any guidance/rule of thumb regarding determining what updates would not be required (or generally managing the storage size)?

ii) As an option for AUSST in future, would it be possible to just maintain a log of last downloaded files so we could determine which files had not been required ever or for years?

Thank you.

(I placed the question here as I noticed a similar question previously in this forum)

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Hi,

Yes, you can now use --cleanup command to remove old versions. This feature came in the most recent AUSST release.

Use the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST)

Remove obsolete products that are not required

Downloads of all products except for those specified in filter are removed.

AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.exe --root="<root folder>" --incremental --cleanup --filterProducts="<sap codes you want to retain after cleanup>"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, you can now use --cleanup command to remove old versions. This feature came in the most recent AUSST release.

Use the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST)

Remove obsolete products that are not required

Downloads of all products except for those specified in filter are removed.

AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.exe --root="<root folder>" --incremental --cleanup --filterProducts="<sap codes you want to retain after cleanup>"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have been doing the incremental updates without issues but as soon as i add the --cleanup --filterproduct="aeft#17.0" it fails. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Kindly use only SAP code in filterProduct switch and check if that works for you. You can check the sample command under "common use cases" section: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/package/help/update-server-setup-tool.html#Commonusecases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have typed in every combo of the SAP code from the sap code guide here on Adobe.com yet none work and i keep getting the same error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly try this command for After Effects (AEFT) : AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.exe --root="<root folder>" --incremental --cleanup --filterProducts="AEFT"

You can check the SAP codee here for the creative cloud products: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/package/help/apps-deployed-without-their-base-versions.html.

Let us know if you are still facing the issue and share the error you are getting after running this command. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried that, still nothing

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\CCP\utilities\AUSST>AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.exe --root="d:\wwwroot\updates" --increm
ental --cleanup --filterProducts="AEFT"
Invalid arguments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest first go to the location where the exe file is instead of typing the whole location of the file and then try the command which I shared with you and check if that works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im at that folder in Command Prompt. im not actaully typing that.

this is what i am typing

AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.exe --root="d:\wwwroot\updates" --increm
ental --cleanup --filterProducts="AEFT"

then just says "Invalid arguments." but when i type this

AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.exe --root="d:\wwwroot\updates" --increm
ental it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly confirm the version of AUSST you are using. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details. The issue is that the newer switches such as product filter and clean up were introduced in version 5.x. Kindly update AUSST and try the command again which would fix your issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have the same issue with AUSST version 5.2.1.1. (newest) 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool\AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.exe" --root="C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Adobe" --incremental --cleanup --filterProduct="CHAR"
Invalid arguments.

Without --cleanup its works fine.

Thanks for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines