• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No apps will open on MacBook suddenly

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open any of my Adobe apps the "credits/title screen" opens up and it starts to load, but then the app just shuts down. This just started last week and I updated to Catalina probably about 3 months ago. I have tried the cleaner with no luck. I tried to uninstall apps but it says

"Specified product is not installed on this machine. Please quit the installer and start over." CreativeCloud won't uninstall because it says that I still have apps installed. The apps uninstall icon are also grayed out in my application menu too. This is an Enterprise license, so I am not sure if that has something to do with it.

I have tried to install, lets say Illustrator through CreativeCloud, but I can't even find it when searching for it via the CreativeCloud app. Any help would be amazing because I am totally stuck and need to get back into my apps. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Kindly give read/write permission to Adobe folders and the locations are:

> ~/library/application support

> /library/application support

Also, try to change the network (connect with the phone's hotspot or any other network with no restrictions) and check if you are able to access the CC apps after signing in to the creative cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first try, resetting the cc app.

to reset the Creative Cloud desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press: Win: Ctrl + Alt + R Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't able to reset the Creative Cloud. I did try and was successful to get Photoshop and the others reset, but the same pop up window doesn't come up with Creative Cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just saw you have an enterprise license.  moving your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly confirm if the creative cloud desktop app is currently installed on your machine? Also, check the Application section if any of the creative cloud applications showing there and share the screenshot of the error you are getting in launching the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the desktop app is installed on my Macbook. I am running Catalina and I have Photoshop 2020 installed. There is no error message when Photoshop crashes before it loads all the way. I have found out that the crash happens when it is loading preferences, according to the splash screen. I have also found that the app will load just fine if I am logged out of Creative Cloud, but as soon as I am prompted to enter my credentials, the app crashes. The screenshot is below. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.28.43 PM.png

I uninstalled all apps and reinstalled only Creative Cloud and Photoshop, whcih both show in my Applications folder. However, I was not able to Uninstall Creative Cloud using the Uninstall option in my Application folder. I had to download the Creative Cloud Uninstaller and then use that in order to uninstall it. Below is how my Applications look. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 11.03.48 PM.png 

I have tried the following:

- Cleared prefrences

- Created a new user on my Macbook and tried to load the app there

- Follow the steps to use the Cleaner

- Uninstall Creative Cloud>Repair

- Unistall all apps and reinstall 

Please let me know if you need more info from me. I have been trying to solve this for a week now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly try to use the application in the Root account and check if the apps are showing the same behavior. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After logging in under the Root Account, Photoshop still didn't open. The same process happened where Photoshop would open and as soon as I looged into my Creative Cloud account, Photoshop quit. What is my next step? Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kindly give read/write permission to Adobe folders and the locations are:

> ~/library/application support

> /library/application support

Also, try to change the network (connect with the phone's hotspot or any other network with no restrictions) and check if you are able to access the CC apps after signing in to the creative cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines