Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Patching/Updating Creative Cloud Apps, Centrally

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks

I just finished a chat session with support who said that the only way to update Creative Cloud apps is either by clicking the update button in the Creative Cloud Desktop app, or by updating within a specific app.

If you have a company with 100s or 1000s of people running these apps, how do you handle getting updates installed centrally? i.e. you work in the IT dept and say "an update is available for some product, we would like all of our users to get it, lets kick that off from a single/cenrtal location" 

There is no commnd line or scripting way to get this done, so how can it be done? Someone must have worked out a way? 

cheers! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It depends on the type of license and contract you have. If it is Enterprise then you can go for AUSST and RUM setup in your environment. The other method is to create an update package from the admin console and push it using any deploying tool to all the available devices.

Remote Update Manager: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/using-remote-update-manager.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 

I read somewhere that i cant use RUM for updating Creative Cloud apps - is that not true? Besides, i dont know why Support wouldnt have mentioned it when they know i was asking the same question i asked here?

1. If i can use AUSST and RUM to do these CC updates, can i run them on internet an facing server and direct clients to update from that? I have clients across many discreet businesses, and its unfeasible to install AUSST and RUM in each of their environments. (i dont have any AUSST or RUM exp)

2. Creating a specific update package each time sounds tedious. Much like windows updates, i would like to direct a client to get the latest updates via a web based entity and just have it go and grab them... not have to spend time building individual packages each time. I'm outa luck right? 

How do i find out from SW dev/eng if this needed feature is anywhere near their radar? 

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This chat with support - did you contact the regular customer service, or did you contact the Enterprise Support for your contract? If it's the regular customer service they are definitely not an appropriate choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines