Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: problem license

Participant ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff (and Nancy),

I'm having a tough time with customer support over the phone, being transferred multiple times and having to explain my Adobe Teams issues from the beginning each time. I also feel like I've spent most of this afternoon teaching Adobe support phone agents about Adobe products and services, like how Teams Projects functionality is currently available for free to those of us with Individual memberships.

I produce corporate content, and hire freelance editors to work on them. Team Projects in Premiere could potentially really help us work better together. I don't necessarily work with the same editor(s), but they do all have their own Adobe Creative Cloud [individual] memberships. 

How many $80/mo Adobe Teams memberships do I need to buy? Is a license the same as a "seat"? If my company buys one $80/mo Teams license, can I invite a freelancer to work with me for a couple days on a Team Project in Premiere if she has her own Creative Cloud membership? Can I buy one $80/mo license, and then two more Premiere Teams only licenses (which I believe are only $35/mo)?

I'm a bit confused. And I must echo what is all over these forums: Adobe's phone support is awful. I would gladly pay to speak with people who can help, as I've already spent so much time today in the weeds on this. I know companies have to make a profit -- gotta please the shareholders -- but the support is really pretty sh**y.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you (or anyone) can give me on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Individual plans are totally separate from Teams/Enterprise plans.  

A Team plan with multiple seats  -- one for each employee -- is what you would buy for your shop or agency.  You own the license and the work that your employees create with it.

A freelancer is likely to have an individual plan which they pay for and to which you have no access.  They own the work they create, you don't. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the deal memo they sign states the work they create isn't theirs, I'm not worried about that. I do want to know whether I can invite them to work on Team Projects in Premiere if I have a Teams plan (and thus the ability to create a Team Project in the first place) and they are just individual Creative Cloud customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe "Team Projects" are built-in to your apps when you have either a Teams or Enterpise plan.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/team-projects.html

Individual subscribers don't have "Team Projects" built-in.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, individual subscribers DO currently have Team Project functionality built in at the moment, for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent around 6 hours working with Adobe support yesterday. Spoke to 5 different people and each of them had to hand me to the next person to run through the entire process of explaining the issue I was having with my organizations Adobe Sign account. Adobe has been working on their support for years and it's still really bad.

Good luck and keep on pushing forward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spent hours on the phone with them as well. It was a truly awful experience. I was transferred from one rep to the next, having to start from square one each time with someone whose accent I had trouble understanding who sounded like they were yelling into their speakerphone from the other side of the bathroom.

It's not just that they outsource to India, it's that the people are untrained and don't care. I would happily pay a premium for access to quality phone support; I spent so much time (and money) on their cheap cost-cutting support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines