• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RUM Only checks for Acrobat Updates

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start RUM on one of the machines in a lab I maintain, it will only check for Acrobat updates, while the other machines check for everything. I can't seem to get this one computer to look at anything else. I investigated using ChannelIDs to force it to look for a specific app,  but that feature doesn't seem to support versions after 2015. Any ideas? This driving me crazy.

I am typing "sudo remoteupdatemanage". We don't need a proxy. I am currently running version 2.2.0.3. I can confirm that Acrobat is indeed up-to-date and all of the other apps are not updated. For instance, Photoshop is at 20.0.4 and 20.0.6 is available.

Here is what I see when I run the command on this computer:

Starting the RemoteUpdateManager...

No new updates are available for Acrobat/Reader

No new applicable Updates. Seems like all products are up-to-date.

RemoteUpdateManager exiting with Return Code (0)

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps , Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

My apologies for the delay. I wanted to post what happened with our situation in hopes that it might help others. I had a hunch that the RUM issues were related to another problem, and it turns out that was a correct assumption. We had a problem with the Adobe installer failing when trying to install Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 apps on all of our lab computers. There were no definitive log entries that explained the error and no user level error messages beyond, "the installation failed." I worked

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started another lab update and now all of those machines only check for Acrobat update, whereas they used to check for all apps. This is so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Request you to share the ARM.log file from the user temp folder (C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp) on ent-teams-community@adobe.com  along with the Creative Cloud Desktop app version you are using. It might probably provide some information regarding why the other apps are getting blocked and update is only available for Acrobat on the specific lab machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also running into this in my labs.

I am wondering if you found a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My apologies for the delay. I wanted to post what happened with our situation in hopes that it might help others. I had a hunch that the RUM issues were related to another problem, and it turns out that was a correct assumption. We had a problem with the Adobe installer failing when trying to install Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 apps on all of our lab computers. There were no definitive log entries that explained the error and no user level error messages beyond, "the installation failed." I worked around that issue by using some trickery, and that is when I ended up with a problem with RUM. I am assuming that one of the underlying shared Adobe tools keeps some type of rudimentary database that RUM uses to ascertain what softwares it should be checking with Adobe for updates. The hacky way I was getting the installer to work didn't update that database; and therefore, those apps weren't acknowledged by RUM. I had to make an appointment with Adobe support to resolve the underlying problem. Once resolved, RUM worked normally for updating apps. The support tech was wonderful and acknowledged the pains associated with being a college IT admin using the Adobe tools. It was nice having someone listen and agree that there are many rough edges in the Adobe toolchain. 

For those interested in what the underlying problem was in our labs, this is what the tech and I worked out. He went through all of my troubleshooting notes and listened to my story, and we tried a number of things, but the eventual solution was as simple and figuring out that several of the bundled apps were not compatible with Mac OS 10.12.6, even though Creative Cloud 2019 is advertised as being compatible with that operating system. In this case, it was Premier Rush and XD that were the problems for us. As soon as we removed those applications from our build, removed all of the Adobe apps from a computer, and reinstalled, all of the issues were resolved. The installer was successful and RUM was able to update all of the applications installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines