• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Security zone registry settings is enabled. Error code 708

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody encountered and resolved this problem? Downloaded CC desktop installer and received this error, even when running as administrator:

"Security zone registry settings is enabled. Please check. Error Code: 708"

I have no idea what this means. Any tips are appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

So after hours of running ProcMon to see what the issue is I found this page on adobes website.

The error itself turns out to be kind of generic, w/ a numbr of restrictions that could be blocking the install. For us its our heavily locked down group policy affecting what, where, and how applications can run.

This is a direct installer that allowed us to run installs using elevated privileges.
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

I think the alternative installer has the same problem now. Here is the fix that worked for me:

Open elevated regedt32

go to HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

change Security_HKLM_only DWORD from 1 to 0

execute the install

change it back or gpupdate.

Here's the getadmx page for the key in question:

https://admx.help/?Category=Windows_10_2016&Policy=Microsoft.Policies.InternetExplorer::Security_HKLM_only

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have someone just have this issue. check where the file is listed and move it to another locations. Example: My Customer had the file in the Download folder and moved it the Desktop. from the Desktop they weres able to run the file from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nevermind I was wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Any update on how to fix it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company is seeing this error on specific users. It is possibly related to security zone settings set for each user. Maybe looking at microsofts KB on " Internet Explorer security zones registry entries for advanced users" see if that offers a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue as of recent. We may need adobe input on this issue as this seems like the only thread on the internet relating to this error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after hours of running ProcMon to see what the issue is I found this page on adobes website.

The error itself turns out to be kind of generic, w/ a numbr of restrictions that could be blocking the install. For us its our heavily locked down group policy affecting what, where, and how applications can run.

This is a direct installer that allowed us to run installs using elevated privileges.
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, thank you! (At least once I remembered to do 'Run As Administrator')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This installer still gives me the error. I'm thinking it has to do with a GPO that adds urls to trusted sites. Do you happen to know which URLS would need to be added to this? I found this https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

But man there are alot of them in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure out which sites you needed to add?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sad part is you will probably have to check the installer logs to see where the failure point is. The original installer calls on a at least 1 url to download the rest of the installer files. You would have to go in, find out what that is and then add it I would assume. If youre trying the linked alternative installer and getting the same problem you may have a brand new issue, sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spoke with support, try using the install from this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html#sa_src=web-messaging

I had to remove a residual Adobe DC install from add/remove programs (maybe the earlier install failed?), once I did the install package from the download above worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone ever figure this out? We just updated our End Point Manager Security Baselines to the December 2020 versions and now we are seeing this problem trying to install Adobe Acrobat (Imagine that, the only app having problems is an Adobe product).

I've tried all the alternative installers here but none of them are working. 

Our trusted sites settings are locked down but I added *.adobe.com to Site to Zone Assignment list in GP and that also did not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregard, after a couple of reboots and EPM syncs the normal installer finally ran. The only change we made was the addition of *.adobe.com to trusted sites. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this still work for you?  I'm seeing this with the Arobat_DC_Set-Up.exe.  I've tried every incantation (https, http, no scheme) of adding *.adobe.com and *.adobe.io in trusted sites, but none of them seem to allow the installer to get past that error here.  If I exclude the machine from the baseline and then it works right away, so something in there seems to still cause it even with those added to trusted sites.  This was true for both the Aug2020 and Dec2020 baselines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, just installed a couple more today. We did not have the problem with the previous baseline version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you know if there it's fine to add *.adobe.com to the local intranet zone instead of trusted sites ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We encountered the similar issue on our Windows devices with Windows 10 Security Baseline (Dec 2020) via Intune Endpoint security.

Disabling the baseline configuration "Internet Explorer security zones use only machine settings" mitigated the problem on our environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So We just noticed this issue with our Citrix VDI's. Could this have anything to do with us removing Internet Explorer? The assigned users are local administrators so we at least took that out of the equation. Also none of the "Fixes" everyone is saying work do not pertain to us. We are not using Intune EndPoint Security, do not have anything setup in our GPO's for internet Zone settings that would block them.

Is this something I have to reach out to Adobe directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for us in Dec 2021 using the latest Security Baseline (Nov 21'). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the alternative installer has the same problem now. Here is the fix that worked for me:

Open elevated regedt32

go to HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

change Security_HKLM_only DWORD from 1 to 0

execute the install

change it back or gpupdate.

Here's the getadmx page for the key in question:

https://admx.help/?Category=Windows_10_2016&Policy=Microsoft.Policies.InternetExplorer::Security_HKL...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo! This worked for me, and you only posted it an hour before I needed it! Hopefully, everyone scrolls this far down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team

How to change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what a legend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines